Amazon Luna ......its a streamer

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Amazon Luna ......its a streamer

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.ign.com/articles/amazon-lun ... ng-we-know
Unlike Stadia where you have to purchase individual games on top of an additional subscription fee for more premium features, Luna is taking a page out of the Xbox Game Pass playbook and offers a subscription to a library of games called the Luna+ channel along with 4K streaming for $5.99 a month.
Also its a place to pay for more game channels! ugh
The channel system is Luna’s prime differentiating feature as Amazon also announced a Ubisoft channel which will come with the newest Ubisoft games on the day and date they launch. Amazon confirmed that the Ubisoft channel will require a separate subscription and that other channels are being planned for Luna currently.

Amazon said that channels won’t be limited to just publishers, though those are in the works too. One of the examples Amazon’s Director of Devices and Digital Initiatives Gabi Knight mentioned is an “RPG Channel” so these channels can be categorized by genre as well.
Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Carpet_pissr

Re: Amazon Luna ......its a streamer

Post by Carpet_pissr »

BTW this service is included for Prime subscribers. I just looked at current offerings.

Monster Boy
Metro Exodus
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Watch Dogs Legion
Yakuza Zero
Team Sonic Racing
Immortals Fenyx Rising
AssCreed Valhalla
Bug Fables
Control
Quite a few others

Personally I wasn’t too impressed with the library.

They are also doing this:

The most interesting addition to Luna, which is just about a year old, is its new Luna Couch feature. The option lets gamers play traditionally local cooperative and multiplayer games, games that you need to play with friends in person using a single system, online. The idea is a genuinely solid one, since there are a number of great local cooperative games that don’t offer online play, making it impossible to play with friends or relatives who don’t live nearby.

What’s more, Amazon says the people you play with won’t need to have a Luna subscription. You’ll simply be able to send them an invite in the form of a room code they can enter into the Luna app on supported devices. It’s a pretty ingenious addition to the service, and one that I’m hoping more cloud gaming providers begin to offer.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:17 am BTW this service is included for Prime subscribers. I just looked at current offerings.
I just checked. Prime members get access to four of the games (Resident Evil 7, Metro Exodus, Katamari Damacy Reroll, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom), and only for a week.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:17 am BTW this service is included for Prime subscribers. I just looked at current offerings.
I just checked. Prime members get access to four of the games (Resident Evil 7, Metro Exodus, Katamari Damacy Reroll, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom), and only for a week.
What?! Wow, the way they presented it when I logged in was BS then. It looked like ‘yet another’ benefit included with Prime: video, games, music (though they made that less valuable when they launched their ‘unlimited’ version)

That pisses me off, only for the manipulation. I wasn’t really that interested in the service.

Such a low-level, shortsighted and unprofessional marketing approach. Do they think people won’t realize they’ve been misled as soon as they try to play something?

Maybe that affects people differently, but it’s a huge pet peeve of mine.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:58 am
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 am
What?! Wow, the way they presented it when I logged in was BS then. It looked like ‘yet another’ benefit included with Prime: video, games, music (though they made that less valuable when they launched their ‘unlimited’ version)

That pisses me off, only for the manipulation. I wasn’t really that interested in the service.

Such a low-level, shortsighted and unprofessional marketing approach. Do they think people won’t realize they’ve been misled as soon as they try to play something?

Maybe that affects people differently, but it’s a huge pet peeve of mine.
Mine, too. I look for manipulation in advertising (beyond the basic emotional manipulation level, at least - you can't have advertising without that), and the more I see of it, the more underhanded it is, the less I'm likely to buy whatever you're selling. If you try to trick me into clicking your links, or you use misleading banners, or if you use scare tactics, I won't even look twice.

I'm not sure where you saw it initially, so I'm not sure what the hook is. I went straight to the site (via search) after your post.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

First thing I got was a button to click: ‘sign up for a chance at early access’ or something similar. Then it very clearly showed ‘ Access to Luna is included with your Prime membership’
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I guess it's like access to a military airfield. The public's welcome (at the gift shop.)