Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Command and Conquer - Remastered

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Command and Conquer - Remastered

Post by Smoove_B »

Coming to PC on 6/5/2020

It’s time for your first in-depth look at the Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection, featuring both Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert along with their three expansion packs!

El Guapo

Re: Command and Conquer - Remastered

Post by El Guapo »

Oh man, I loved Command and Conquer. This sounds like the perfect game for me to buy and then spend 30 minutes playing, then never get around to playing again.

I wonder if the AI in this would still use the tried-and-true strategy of sending one lone infantry guy against your base every five minutes.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am
I wonder if the AI in this would still use the tried-and-true strategy of sending one lone infantry guy against your base every five minutes.
Well, to be fair, sometimes, they sent a lone jeep or light tank.

A while back I played an open-source re-release of Dune II with upgraded AI (Dune Legacy? Dune... something else?), and basically it went like this:

1. Start building my base, harvest a little spice. Looking pretty good, can multi-select units and queue things up.
2. Get radar and vehicle factory starting to build.
2. Swarm of AI units overruns my base and blows everything up.
3. Uninstall.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:28 am
El Guapo wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am
Well, to be fair, sometimes, they sent a lone jeep or light tank.

A while back I played an open-source re-release of Dune II with upgraded AI (Dune Legacy? Dune... something else?), and basically it went like this:

1. Start building my base, harvest a little spice. Looking pretty good, can multi-select units and queue things up.
2. Get radar and vehicle factory starting to build.
2. Swarm of AI units overruns my base and blows everything up.
3. Uninstall.
Enlarge Image

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:30 am
Enlarge Image
Good times.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I have no illusions over the game play. Instead, I'm going to fire it up to watch FMV and play the soundtrack.

Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Can you customize your left click/right click actions? I seem to recall that being a hotly debated issue back in the day.

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Original C&C was one of only two games I ever played over a null modem cable (other was DOOM).

We bought a 50' phone cable and ran it across our apartment.

Over the years there have been few gaming experiences more satisfying than loading a chinook transport chopper with a few commandos, sending that chopper right along the edge of the map to my friends base, and then perfectly timing a landing following an ion cannon strike / nuke that would disable my roommate's air defenses.

The ensuing howl of frustration followed by laughter and cussing as the commandos destroyed his base was just icing on the cake.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I see this for pre-purchase on steam and it releases on June 5th, thought I'd ask here to see if there is any interest in friendly MP matches?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive

Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Redfive wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 am
Original C&C was one of only two games I ever played over a null modem cable (other was DOOM).

We bought a 50' phone cable and ran it across our apartment.

Over the years there have been few gaming experiences more satisfying than loading a chinook transport chopper with a few commandos, sending that chopper right along the edge of the map to my friends base, and then perfectly timing a landing following an ion cannon strike / nuke that would disable my roommate's air defenses.

The ensuing howl of frustration followed by laughter and cussing as the commandos destroyed his base was just icing on the cake.
I have similarly fond memories of cheesily winning a Total Annnihilation LAN game, in which I used a squad of transport aircraft loaded with invader bombs as a distraction force to take out a hefty chunk of the enemy base. I was then able sneak around another transport aircraft to snatch up the unaware enemy commander and self-destruct it, thereby winning the game.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

My tactic was a lot like those but instead of commandos I used engineers. Id grab a power plant and the mcv yard then start building turrets in their own base. Or just take as much as I could like power plants and instantly sell them all.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

raydude

Post by raydude »

Did anyone else get a little depressed that as C&C sequels were released it became clear that, no matter what you did as the GDC, the Earth was getting more and more f*ed up?

naednek
Loading…

Post by naednek »

raydude wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 am
Did anyone else get a little depressed that as C&C sequels were released it became clear that, no matter what you did as the GDC, the Earth was getting more and more f*ed up?
no, because it was a game :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"