If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

geezer

Shadow Tactics is free today, 12/28

Post by geezer »

Lordnine

Re: Shadow Tactics is free today, 12/28

Post by Lordnine »

This is an awesome game. Highly recommend anyone who likes stealth and strategy to pick it up.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I remember picking this up thinking it would be a great "Samurai & Ninja" type of update to the formula Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines established. It is an update, but I kept feeling like things weren't lining up correctly (literally) in the game and it kept distracting me and I quit. I never went back.

I remember feeling like a game that wants you to examine things in detail needs to be careful that the details aren't botched. I'd have to fire it up again to point it out exactly, and it may be fixed by now. I think this feeling was all from the first mission.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Do you mean lining up visually? You can adjust the camera.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

You know it's disturbing to me that I have trouble remembering the birthdays of my family, but can recall details from games I touched for an hour or less over a year ago.

When I think back, I'm pretty sure it was animations that weren't lining up. Like a character would be walking forward and they'd move 1.25 times further than a step should take them, or they'd phase through stairs smoothly when using them instead of stepping up on them fluidly, or they'd jump to a post to climb it but clip through it oddly. I believe I found it very distracting as you really need to absorb the details to navigate these games. My mind, of course, had all the animations in Commandos as perfect.

This is all based on a fuzzy recollection of why I didn't keep playing after I started it, though. It could be wrong or it could be fixed by now. Things like that can be patched. I know it wasn't the graphics, story line, or setting that put me off.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.