Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

TheMix

Re: Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

Post by TheMix »

Oh, and the Pandoran tech is a bit fiddly. I don't know the specifics. But initially you'll only get research options for the corpses of each type you kill. Well, along with some general "what's going on" techs. Then you'll get options to learn how to recover live ones. Once you build a containment room, and start researching live ones, you'll get more.

Some Pandorans will automatically get you new techs. Like, I think researching a crab-man corpse will open up grenade launchers.

So all I can say is just kill everything you can initially (like you have a choice). Then you'll want to start focusing on trying to capture.

Oh, final note, if you can avoid it don't destroy captured Pandorans. WAAAAYYYY down the road you'll be able to break them down into materials that you can use to mutate your soldiers, if you want.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I really should put this down until they fix the obvious glaring bugs. I do really enjoy the tactical game's potential. This game is sooooo close to being *the* X Com successor. It just need longer tactical mission *somehow* reconciled with stamina depletion (probably by making it easier to build and cycle through larger amounts of soldiers) and to find a way to eliminate UI cheese to win easy factor. There are many many ways to cheese to play, especially built around save scumming. But the only one I care about are the UI signal cheeses.

Neither here nor there, this bug is why I post, and where my real current annoyance is:

So after the corruption killed my everything and I started over, I've noticed for the second time that I have a base that loses power every time start the game. I believe it has to do with the tech that allows you to power to go from 20 to 30. Minor inconvenience, I just have to turn on the power every time I load the game right? Only now I'm wondering why my paralysis never contains specimens. Well, the game autosaves when a battle is over. The autosave is like a reload. On reload my containment loses power. So now it's four game days until I have containment at another facility and I have to debate adding extra power. Especially as I have no idea what things will lose power when I go exceed 20 power at a base. Nice tech. :roll:

I criticize so much because I really want this to be the game I love for a long time.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yeah, that power thing was really annoying. In my case the game kept shutting off the power to the med lab and the living quarters. Which wouldn't have been that bad except I had a squad in a vehicle at the base that I was waiting to heal. So I wasted a lot of time having them sitting there. I think in the end I just turned off some other things so that those two rooms would stay active. I think I shut off a Workshop. And maybe something else. But, again, yeah... That's a pretty annoying bug. I'd have been hella pissed if it had taken out my containment!

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:42 pm Yeah, that power thing was really annoying. In my case the game kept shutting off the power to the med lab and the living quarters. Which wouldn't have been that bad except I had a squad in a vehicle at the base that I was waiting to heal. So I wasted a lot of time having them sitting there. I think in the end I just turned off some other things so that those two rooms would stay active. I think I shut off a Workshop. And maybe something else. But, again, yeah... That's a pretty annoying bug. I'd have been hella pissed if it had taken out my containment!
Worse, I didn't realize this was a ubiquitous bug so I kept building more facilities, not realizing the problem until I couldn't research corpses. Of course, now I want to restart so I never take a base above 20 power, irrespective of tech advancements. Prudent use of resources is key this game because of the way it advances and I now I've wasted *a lot* of time and resources.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New patch release, quite a lot of changes. Patch notes in the spoiler tags. By the way, this is patch "Dunwich", for those keeping track of these things.
Spoiler:
Today, our latest patch, “Dunwich,” (revision 1.0.54973 EGS) releases on the Epic Games Store. This addresses the following issues.

Ability Changes
• Rage Burst - Reduced to 5 bursts maximum with 50% accuracy penalty - We want to reduce the effectiveness of the ability while retaining its usefulness against big targets
• Mind Control - Cost increased by 1 AP - Mind Control without any AP cost requirement was making the ability too versatile and, in some cases, too powerful when used by Pandorans.
• Mind Crush - Cost increased by 1 AP - The ability was too strong against groups of enemies, allowing for chain use (as long as enemies die in the process). We are keeping its power effect, but limiting the number of its uses per turn.
• Master Marksman - Accuracy bonus is reduced from 50% to 30%. The ability is too versatile (useful with highly inaccurate weapons) so it needed a bit of tweaking downwards.
• Quick Aim - No longer gives bonus accuracy. The ability is mainly used for its cost reduction component and the added accuracy bonus made it too good.
• Dash - Now costs 1 AP but the range of the ability is increased from 50% to 75% of movement range. Dash is one of the most abused abilities in the game because of its versatility. We do not want to reduce the fun factor of the ability or reduce its power but we want to limit the situations in which it is used. Before the change with 4 dashes a character’s movement range was 100% + 4 x 50% = 300%; after the change 0% + 4 x 75% = 300%. Mobility wise the ability is the same but provides less versatility when it comes to shooting and can effectively be used about 2 times per turn.
• Induce Panic - Cost increased from 2 WP to 3 WP and 1 AP. The ability cost was way too low for its effect and the fact that it had no AP requirement made it spammable.
• Bloodlust - Bonus speed and damage is capped at 50% bonus. The previous bonus of 100% was too strong and was leading to undesired exploits.

Weapons
• Grenade Launcher - Accuracy increased. This change will reduce the frustration of players not hitting anything they want to.
• PRCR Sniper - Damage reduced from 130 to 120. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused because their power level was not on par with other weapons of the same tech level.
• PRCR Assault Rifle - Damage increased from 30 to 40, burst reduced from 5 to 4, pierce value reduced from 20 to 10 and ammo capacity reduced from 40 to 32. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused compared to other equivalent tech.

Pandorans
• Mortar Chiron - Reduced explosive power from 60 to 50. Damage was reduced because on some maps players weren’t able to find cover fast enough.
• Spawnery - Hit points are nearly doubled. It was too easily destroyed on Lair missions

Misc
• Mutog Recruitment - Cost of recruitment has been increased significantly. The previous cost was unintentionally low.
• Human Enemies - Generally have more stat points, because they were too easily mind controlled or killed with one shot.
• Medical Bay - Heals not only soldiers but Mutogs too for 4 hit points per hour. Before mutation lab construction there was no chance for the player to heal Mutogs.
• Environmental Destruction - Floors and roofs can be partially destroyed by grenades now.

Major Fixes
• Fixed a hang when a Mindfragger tries to mind control a decoy.
• Fixed a hang when using the flamethrower near the edge of Alien Lair maps.
• Fixed a hang when a Scylla used the Sonic Blast ability right after using the Mist Launcher.
• Fixed a hang when breaking an Arthron’s gun arm while the enemy was stepping out of cover.
• Fixed an issue where the player’s units could be deployed between impassable cover on some Disciples of Anu maps.
• Fixed an issue where units would fall through stairs and die.
• Fixed an issue where the player’s soldiers could deploy in the walls of a Phoenix Base mission.
• Fixed an issue where vehicles couldn’t reach the evacuation zone on some maps.
• Fixed an issue where the environment was blocking the passage to the Spawnery in Alien Lairs.

Other Fixes
• Fixed an issue where vehicles had no collision with some unbreakable pillars.
• Fixed an issue where enemy vehicles could be deployed on the roofs of buildings.
• Fixed an issue where enemy Pandorans could not move from their initial deployment in Alien Lairs.

“Dunwich” will deploy a few days later on the UWP (Windows Store / Windows Game Pass) due to certification requirements.
Snapshot Games is committed to making Phoenix Point a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone, so please keep giving us your feedback. We will be rolling out a new feedback platform soon, more to come on that in another update. For now, please do continue to report bugs in-game via the F12 tool, or here on the forums.

If an issue you have reported hasn’t been addressed in this patch, don’t worry. Fixes and balance changes take time and have to be performed incrementally to avoid causing additional issues with balance and stability further down the line.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm not sure I get the big balance changes before fixing big bugs that others are already fixing with mods. No where listed is fixing the blackouts for having more than 20 power available and utilized.

Spoiler:
Ability Changes
• Rage Burst - Reduced to 5 bursts maximum with 50% accuracy penalty - We want to reduce the effectiveness of the ability while retaining its usefulness against big targets

- never tried to cheese this yet, so I'm not affected. Though once I did cheese it, i'd be WTF at 5 if I didn't see this.

I totally abuse, Assault, Sniper > Heavy Weapon expert, quick aim, regain AP after kills combo. Add Dash and the reveal enemies helmet mount and it is not uncommon for my main guy to kill six enemy on turn one with his MG. That later mentioned Dash nerf will put the kabosh on that.

• Mind Control - Cost increased by 1 AP - Mind Control without any AP cost requirement was making the ability too versatile and, in some cases, too powerful when used by Pandorans.

I was collecting Mutants to mind control so they can collect equipment. So that sucks for my current game.

• Master Marksman - Accuracy bonus is reduced from 50% to 30%. The ability is too versatile (useful with highly inaccurate weapons) so it needed a bit of tweaking downwards.

Sucks for my game but whatever.

• Quick Aim - No longer gives bonus accuracy. The ability is mainly used for its cost reduction component and the added accuracy bonus made it too good.

Sucks for my game but whatever.

• Dash - Now costs 1 AP but the range of the ability is increased from 50% to 75% of movement range. Dash is one of the most abused abilities in the game because of its versatility. We do not want to reduce the fun factor of the ability or reduce its power but we want to limit the situations in which it is used. Before the change with 4 dashes a character’s movement range was 100% + 4 x 50% = 300%; after the change 0% + 4 x 75% = 300%. Mobility wise the ability is the same but provides less versatility when it comes to shooting and can effectively be used about 2 times per turn.

Magic bullet to keep me from mapping the entire map on turn one without solving the real problem of allowing me to see everything with the dash. :roll: Mobility is the not problem. The problem is its powers of oracle.

• Spawnery - Hit points are nearly doubled. It was too easily destroyed on Lair missions

heh. Again, a magic bullet that amounts to little. The problem is really the ability to locate the lair, not the difficulty to kill it, though I suppose when you combing that with the APs used to dash, now it will take two dashers with MGs to take the lair out on turn 1 instead of one who still has one action left.

• Environmental Destruction - Floors and roofs can be partially destroyed by grenades now.

They couldn't before? I must have just started using missles and thought they were the same a grenades. I like missiles. :D Grenades are take a precious hot key slot.

At least they're workin' on it. I don't get their priorities, nor how it took post release to see how the player has it too good in so many ways, but then I'm different than other gamers.

I'll be a little annoyed tonight, I am sure when I see how the teams I have built deep in to take 7 no longer work like they are supposed to after take six was gimped by the power problem and take five was destroyed by file corruption. I seem to always get to the same spot to. The point in the game just after you do time vault.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm waiting on a difficulty level that makes it easier than it is now. Wussy level maybe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oof. I'm glad I already beat the game once. Those are some brutal changes. At least for those of us that like things a bit easier. :D

Though the grenade launcher fix will certainly be a welcome addition. I did a lot of save-scumming because of the stupid grenade launcher inaccuracy. To the point that I would like have stopped using them.

Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm advancing in my current game, further than I have in previous three, but not sure I'm going to win. But I have probably reloaded the game 30+ times. I hate playing that way but I also want to try and win the game somehow. The mist meter is at 79% and have all 3 factions @ 50% but now I can't capture a siren, the siren kept dying because it would attack my soldiers who had the return fire ability

Last edited by Lassr on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:11 pm I'm advancing in my current game, further than I have in previous three, but not sure I'm going to win. But I have probably reloaded the game 30+ times. I hate playing that way but I also want to try and win the game somehow. The mist meter is at 79% and have all 3 factions @ 50% but now I can't capture a siren, they keep dying because they would attack my soldiers with return fire.

Wow. I've never gotten me enemy advanced enough to see Sirens with return fire... or ranged weapons beyond mind control.

I gotta admit, I'd have conceded a game well before I ever got 79%, at least on rookie level, which is what I'm still playing.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

And dammit if you know you're base will be attacked in 14 hours can you not have all your soldiers ready instead of half on the other side of the base where it takes 3 turns to get them to the action and then the other half right in front of the attacking wave of pandorans where you have to dash to safety.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm Wow. I've never gotten me enemy advanced enough to see Sirens with return fire... or ranged weapons beyond mind control.
Sorry that was not clear, the siren would die because my soldier had return fire. So siren would die before I could paralyze it

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 pm Sorry that was not clear, the siren would die because my soldier had return fire. So siren would die before I could paralyze it

Yeah. Took me a moment. Then I figured that is what you mean. I assume that you've taken out their heads; thus neutralizing their mind control. When that happens they move up and melee. Which can definitely not end in their favor if they go after an assault with a shotgun. :D

Not much you can do other than what you are doing, probably. You just have to try and keep your assaults a bit farther back. Make them use their turn to move up. Then use Dash to get next to them and unload with the neuralizer. I feel like Sirens may take more than 32 points (8 paralyze x 4 attacks). So you may either need to have a second assault, or use Dash to move away. Though with the new changes that last is no longer an option.

As for the mist, did you get the quest to help the Synedrion with their mist repeller? Building one of those in every base (and having them build them in their bases) will help push the mist back. In the game I won, I don't think the mist ever got above 10%.

Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 pm Then use Dash to get next to them and unload with the neuralizer. I feel like Sirens may take more than 32 points (8 paralyze x 4 attacks). So you may either need to have a second assault, or use Dash to move away. Though with the new changes that last is no longer an option.
It's based on max hit points which increase over time. In my game I think they started around 42 and are currently up to 50 maybe. It take two assaults with dash to take one down unless you lower her max hit points (which also induce bleeding, making sustained paralysis without death harder) Alternatively a sniper with stun weapons and one dashing assault unit can also take her down (at my stage in the game. Remember I game the system by pretty much only fighting Pandorans to defend havens and to clear nests)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 pm As for the mist, did you get the quest to help the Synedrion with their mist repeller? Building one of those in every base (and having them build them in their bases) will help push the mist back. In the game I won, I don't think the mist ever got above 10%.
hmmm, I did but I don't recall being able to build one myself. There are mist repellers build around the globe though. Let me check to see if I'm just over looking it.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 pm
TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 pm As for the mist, did you get the quest to help the Synedrion with their mist repeller? Building one of those in every base (and having them build them in their bases) will help push the mist back. In the game I won, I don't think the mist ever got above 10%.
hmmm, I did but I don't recall being able to build one myself. There are mist repellers build around the globe though. Let me check to see if I'm just over looking it.
nope, no option to build a mist repeller, I assume it would be an option when selecting build at my base. I have 12 options but none mist repellers. Maybe I didn't finish all the missions for it?

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I've either had a run of bad luck or they borked the HelCannon. Had two missions and my rage hit 2 of 5 shots and every shot at an individual target missed. So 2 hits out of about 10 shots. I used to hit about 75% of the time.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yes, it would be an option. Its an eventual tech from Synedirion. but you don't get it when they do. It might[ be conditional from the alliance choice. Right now I could produce a repeller but I my food is still worth only 8.

And holy crap even rookie the nerfing combined with the increases for the Pandorans is huge. Much bigger than I anticipated from the read. Not only can't I do any of my tricks, pretty much no one is one turn kill and everyone I go against has return fire... so.... Oh yeah and the reticles are totally crap if you are more than two spaces away.

I don't doubt a chunk of this is due to how I build my squads but yeah, I may let this cook more. There are definitely going to be more silver bullets and balance changes coming. You can't both a game that depends on the health of relatively few actors across such a large geography concurrent with the kind of death count that is going to come with this balance, especially on rookie.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm
Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 pm
nope, no option to build a mist repeller, I assume it would be an option when selecting build at my base. I have 12 options but none mist repellers. Maybe I didn't finish all the missions for it?
Hmm.... Not sure. I think the quest that Synedrion gives you at either 25 or 50 is to pick a side between the terraformers and the ... I forget the other faction. Anyway, one of the options is to defend one of their havens while they test the mist repeller. I've always gotten the tech shortly after that. Probably by researching it. I don't recall the specifics.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pm There are definitely going to be more silver bullets and balance changes coming. You can't both a game that depends on the health of relatively few actors across such a large geography concurrent with the kind of death count that is going to come with this balance, especially on rookie.
This is why I'm holding off starting a new game, even with this patch. At the bottom of the readme it says the following, and I'm really hoping it is true.
If an issue you have reported hasn’t been addressed in this patch, don’t worry. Fixes and balance changes take time and have to be performed incrementally to avoid causing additional issues with balance and stability further down the line.
I still haven't seen mention of a fix for the inventory bug that sometimes screws up the loadouts when you get your first priest. I wish they would publish a roadmap of their upcoming fixes, but I haven't seen one.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm finished with this game for a while. Now with these latest "Balancing" changes, I can't defend a base that is being attacked. My fucking Helcanon never hits anymore. I missed every shot in the base defense. The weakening of some soldiers means the pandorans advance into my base and start taking everyone out.

So I give up after pouring 66 hours into this game and feeling like a fucking noob.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

and looking at the Snapshot games forum, I see all the people complaining it was too easy on Legend...there was no challenge...are they playing the same game? I don't even want to post over there complaining about it being too hard. It's not like I am new at this gaming thing but I feel incompetent playing this game.

Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Lassr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 am and looking at the Snapshot games forum, I see all the people complaining it was too easy on Legend...there was no challenge...are they playing the same game? I don't even want to post over there complaining about it being too hard. It's not like I am new at this gaming thing but I feel incompetent playing this game.
I saw some of those comments too. Right from the beginning people where complaining how it was too easy. I after getting creamed on my first two attempts I switched from Normal to Rookie and still felt like I was just hanging in there. Frankly I'm really thinking that most of the posts are BS anyway.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 am and looking at the Snapshot games forum, I see all the people complaining it was too easy on Legend...there was no challenge...are they playing the same game? I don't even want to post over there complaining about it being too hard. It's not like I am new at this gaming thing but I feel incompetent playing this game.
I get making the difficult games more difficult. I watched how the youtube with the guy flying through the hardest difficulty and I see how I was gaming their implementation but doing that to the rookie level and again worry about "balance" before bugs. This just suggests you released the game before it was done cooking. The whole reason I stopped being an EA supporter was to mitigate against this stuff.

I put the game away last night. I don't want to start round 8 and on rookie and get frustrated again.
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:08 am Right from the beginning people where complaining how it was too easy.
On rookie it was too easy, but rookie...

So now we have UI that doesn't explain why rookie is easier and then makes it crazy difficult, even when there are three or four different settings. This is from a lead design who has at least 25 years in the field.

Glad, I got the game on discount. Not sure when I'll come back to it. The core of the game is very good. Someone wake me up when they figure out what to do with it.

BTW, until last night rookie level was all about comboing skills and characters and advancing equipment. Last night nerfing all of the power combos changed the game dramatically.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I think my initial playthrough petered out after the third time getting ambushed, with the starting position surrounded by crab dudes with grenade launchers. And pincers.

Knowing that there's at least 5 DLCs coming out (that I'll be getting because I backed this game early on), plus a whole crap-ton of patches, I don't really feel an incentive to get in there and learn the ins and outs, only to have all my tactics nerfed with the next patch.
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Is there a way to let go of recruits?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Good question. I started to say "yes", but then realized that I'm not actually sure. Since they don't have stats. why would you want to? Unless you hired a bunch earlier without planning ahead and have a ton of Assaults. That I can understand.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

"Hi Mr. Crabman, would you like a light snack?"
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

NickAragua wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 am "Hi Mr. Crabman, would you like a light snack?"
Hahaha......that was actually my plan.
They take up room and resources so I'm finding I'd like to dump a few.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

well, I went ahead and started game 5, taking lessons learned, and I was cruising along with out having to reload early game then I hit the first lair. Making the Spawnery with a lot more hit points really alters the strategy. I was using my heavy to jet jump there and then a few hits would take it out, now it takes about about 5 turns (if your heavy doesn't miss which mine somehow did from point blank range) so by the 3rd round a siren had ventured over to protect the spawnery and mind controlled my heavy. Thought I could take out the Siren's head and regain control but as I was doing that my mind controlled heavy launch a grenade at my squad and game over. RELOAD

2nd attempt I draw the siren out and try to take her ability out before sending in the heavy, but she tracks down my heavy and attacks with her arms, disabling my heavies arms...RELOAD

3rd attempt I headed back to base and grabbed my new recruited Heavy so I had 2. One with HelCanon other with Jericho heavy MG. The heavy MG made it to the spawnery as the other heavy jumped around drawing pandorans away from the spawnery.

I don't know why I started another game that will just lead to me getting extremely frustrated mid to late game but I so love the mechanics of this game I want to play it. Maybe I treat it like Stellaris, there is no end game or winning, just see how far you can make it. I just hope they can fix it in the future where you don't have to rely on so much luck because I hate games where I have to keep saving and reloading SO MUCH.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stimpy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:56 am
NickAragua wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 am "Hi Mr. Crabman, would you like a light snack?"
Hahaha......that was actually my plan.
They take up room and resources so I'm finding I'd like to dump a few.
I've done that with a few recruits I find useless, take them as bait on missions to draw away pandorans.

Is there a way you can easily tell what soldier you are getting when recruiting. I know there is the symbol next to the name, guess i need a cheatsheet for each symbol?

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

https://phoenixpoint.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Early on the havens mostly offer you Assaults. I had to hunt for either a Sniper or a Heavy.

For NJ and Synedrion, when there there is an elite soldier symbol, I believe it's always a Technician or Infiltrator, respectively. For Anu you have to check because it could be either a Priest or a Berserker. Actually.... I take that back. Always check. Because I also got the vehicle offerings sometimes. Especially from Anu (Mutogs?).

Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Heh, easy enough to memorize, for some reason I thought their were more.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lassr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm with you. I remember thinking the same thing. Maybe it's because you get combos? Which are actually just halves of each class smooshed together. So it's pretty easy to read those too once you get the initial designs down.

Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

TheMix wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:53 pm
Lassr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm with you. I remember thinking the same thing. Maybe it's because you get combos? Which are actually just halves of each class smooshed together. So it's pretty easy to read those too once you get the initial designs down.
yep, I was coming back in to post that. just started my game and noticed that the symbols reflect both classes when you combo class them. That's why I thought there were more.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So can you find bases that are not listed in the mission side bar? I found the 1 in South America, next to my starting base, but then it said find base in Central Africa as my next base! Holy Hell It took we many days to get to Africa with my only 2 bases in South America, and as I was hunting the base, when the Pandorans attacked my 2nd base which has no soldiers stationed and wiped it out. Surely I don't have to get a find bases mission to find a base, there should be one closer than Africa.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Absolutely. The majority of my bases were stumbled upon. I started completely ignoring their recommendation. Since most of the time it was not convenient. And it's not like you get anything (other than a base) for doing that "mission". I think they are just trying to be helpful in giving you an unhelpful hint as to where another base may be.

Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

TheMix wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:23 pm Absolutely. The majority of my bases were stumbled upon. I started completely ignoring their recommendation. Since most of the time it was not convenient. And it's not like you get anything (other than a base) for doing that "mission". I think they are just trying to be helpful in giving you an unhelpful hint as to where another base may be.
Good because I've been searching North & Central America but nothing yet and was hoping finding bases was not on a rail as they say. All my other games the find bases mission was always close by.

Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Is there a way to compare items?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Like weapons and armor? Not that I recall. I think you just have to look at one and then try to remember the important stats when you look at the other one.

Black Lives Matter