Path of Exile 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Path of Exile 2

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/205666/path ... -announced

The trailer and gameplay videos make it look interesting.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Lordnine

Re: Path of Exile 2

Post by Lordnine »

This sounds a bit more like a stand-alone expansion than a typical sequel. A bit odd in a free to play game. I'll give it a shot for sure on release as I enjoyed the original a lot.

I wonder how it will fare against Diablo IV. The original POE really capitalized on a more traditional Diablo experience compared to D3 but since DIV is returning to its roots a bit it may have a harder time finding an audience.
rittchard

Re: Path of Exile 2

Post by rittchard »

Lordnine wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:36 pm This sounds a bit more like a stand-alone expansion than a typical sequel. A bit odd in a free to play game. I'll give it a shot for sure on release as I enjoyed the original a lot.

I wonder how it will fare against Diablo IV. The original POE really capitalized on a more traditional Diablo experience compared to D3 but since DIV is returning to its roots a bit it may have a harder time finding an audience.
I suspect it will come out long before Diablo 4 so that won't be an issue.

Agree it looks and sounds like an expansion rather than a sequel. Did I understand correctly it uses the same engine and the endgame is the "same" as the current version somehow? Kind of a disappointment for me overall if that's the case, but I'm sure I'll still play the crap out of it lol.