Recomendation Mods for Skyrim SE

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Recomendation Mods for Skyrim SE

Post by dbt1949 »

I've played the vanilla game numerous times and I still want to play it but I need some mods to keep my interest. Could you all give me some recommendations and a brief description of them?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Re: Recomendation Mods for Skyrim SE

Post by TheMix »

I'll put in my normal plug for https://sureai.net/games/enderal/]Enderal.
Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
As for Skyrim itself, I'd have to do some digging. Last time I decided to play a mage, so I used a mod that completely overhauled the magic system. I also used one that completely overhauled the skills. What I can't tell you is whether they were the best options available. When looking at mods that do big changes like that, there are generally multiple options. You just have to read each one and decide what sounds best for you.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I have Enderal thanks.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Doh. Okay. I'll have to do some digging when I get a chance.

I can tell you how I normally go about things. I usually start by sorting all the mods by number of downloads/ratings. Then just work my way down the list until I feel like I'm getting to ones that are too much in the weeds.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I can't give you specific recommendations, as I don't have the SE. What I can do is give you my primary modding resource, which has a version for the SE. When I want to sit down and mod up Skyrim (and I usually run Skyrim with the full maximum number of mods (255 .esp/.esm files), this is where I go. It gives you an install process that results in the most stable, least buggy possible modding process. If all you want are the recommendations, though, it lists them. No mod is ever added to the list that isn't stable and of top quality, or that disrupts the basic experience (so you won't find any Pokemon running around, or anime strippers in every inn, or Thor's Hammer from Marvel, or anything like that.)

STEP Project Skyrim SE
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Should I install the mod organizer first and then my mods or does it matter?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Manager first. On Nexus when you click the mod to download the mod manager will download it for you and you simply have the manager install it. I think Nexus switched totally to Vortex mod manager instead of their own old one. I used it to the Assassin Creed games and it works great. In my Skyrim SE last year I used the Nexus mm.

This is a link to the mods I was loading in my Skyrim SE last year.
https://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/ ... d#p2547432

And these two links have pics of what mine looked like.
https://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/ ... start=2400
https://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/ ... start=2360
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:27 pm Should I install the mod organizer first and then my mods or does it matter?
Mod Organizer (NOT the Nexus mod manager.) It acts as both a downloader and installer, and it has a lot fewer problems that installing them the old-fashioned way. A LOT fewer problems.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Here, use this as a guide: Link. I recommend at least reading from 1 through 2a (don't install the STEP patches unless you're using the whole STEP install, though.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Back when I first tried Mod Organizer I thought I was going to like it . It doesn't mess up your full install if theres a problem. But I found it hard to understand and complicated. I went back to the NMM Id always used for all games . Its easy and works. But for Origins they have Vortex now. I think its replacing NMM. It seems very easy to use also.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I don't know. You all have to realize I'm olde and senile. It all looks pretty complicated.
And do I have to join Nexus or whatever?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id ask if your VCR is still blinking 12:00 but the younger members would look at me funny.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 pm Back when I first tried Mod Organizer I thought I was going to like it . It doesn't mess up your full install if theres a problem. But I found it hard to understand and complicated. I went back to the NMM Id always used for all games . Its easy and works. But for Origins they have Vortex now. I think its replacing NMM. It seems very easy to use also.
FWIW, Nexus doesn't even recommend using the Nexus Mod Manger for Skyrim/FO4 anymore.

And yes, DBT, you have to sign up for Nexus, which you'd have to do just to download many of the mods anyway. Mod Organizer is far less complicated than it looks if all you want to do is download and install. Just click the links, the mods open and download through MO, then you double click them to install them. Run LOOT to sort the install order automatically. Then all you have to do is launch Skyrim via MO rather than the Steam (or whatever) shortcut. It only looks complicated because it has a lot of options for elaborate installs and custom mod lists and such, most of which you won't ever use if you're just playing the game like normal people.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Alright, now that is cool.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949