Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

Post by Max Peck »

The middle path is to infiltrate the base personally, only kill guards that are in the way, and hide the bodies if possible. Attempting a full stealth run with no kills might be possible for some of these missions, but given something like a heavy armored minigunner standing next to a mission objective, I'm not sure how to handle it other than by putting a round in his head before he sees you.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I finished off the live event this afternoon. I thought I was screwed on the last mission, because it requires you to fly an airplane, but I lucked out and pulled it off. Between Wildlands and Breakpoint, I've successfully landed an airplane exactly once as of today.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:56 pm I finished off the live event this afternoon. I thought I was screwed on the last mission, because it requires you to fly an airplane, but I lucked out and pulled it off. Between Wildlands and Breakpoint, I've successfully landed an airplane exactly once as of today.
Friend and I started playing Wildlands. His first time. I played it solo a while back. I warned him up front that I suck at flying planes. I'm pretty sure I've failed in every game I ever tried. Helicopters I can rock. But I seem to always want to fly planes right into the ground. I gave up years ago while trying to beat the races in Just Cause 2. They were the only part of the game I never did.

To be fair, I exaggerate a little. I have managed to land the planes in Wildlands. But more than once I got credit for the mission just before the plane blew up....

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

raydude wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 pm fast forward it to after Judgement Day and put me in as part of the resistance and I'll gladly play Ghost Recon: Terminator.
I forgot about this until this morning, but you sort of can. You can't have Judgement Day, but you can toggle on the Terminator event. I believe that let's you (re)run the Terminator story missions or just encounter terminators running around in the open world.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint - 2021 Content Roadmap
Ghosts,

As we shared in the latest update, we are thrilled to bring free content to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint throughout 2021. Our vision is to continue adding on to what we have built together since the launch of the game, including more customization, progression, and added replay-ability, among others. Furthermore, we will continue to add quality and technical improvements to the game.

We will deliver this content to the live game via two major title updates.

Title Update 4.0.0 Teammate Experience Update

We were thrilled by your reactions when we introduced the AI teammates and wanted to keep improving on them. This title update will focus on the AI teammates. We knew that adding them to the game was only the first step, and we are happy to announce that their capabilities will be further improved based on your feedback.

The Teammate Experience Update is focused on improving your experience with your AI squad, while also adding some community requested features. Discover a new XP progression for your AI squad, and unlock new passive skills and abilities as you play. A dedicated quest log will also be available for you to experiment with the new AI squad features, while rewarding you with cool and exclusive rewards!

Release Window: End of Spring

Title Update 4.1.0

Intel brief for this operation is classified, and Ghosts have not been granted full access to this information. Mission details to be revealed later this year. It seems to be one of the biggest operations so far.

Release Window: Fall
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Coopasonic is a cute chick in Breakpoint :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:07 pm Coopasonic is a cute chick in Breakpoint :)
I like to think I am pretty cute outside of breakpoint too, but a bit less of a chick. Also, can you stop checking out my ass?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am
Daehawk wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:07 pm Coopasonic is a cute chick in Breakpoint :)
I like to think I am pretty cute outside of breakpoint too, but a bit less of a chick. Also, can you stop checking out my ass?
But its just...out there.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Because of the upcoming 2021 content for Breakpoint I've gone ahead and re-activated my Uplay+ account. I did have some concern when I fired up Breakpoint and found my fps down in the weeds, but I had started it using the Vulkan option and somehow while Vulkan seems to work with other games it sucks on Breakpoint running on my rig. I went back to the default executable and it is back to running at its usual 75 fps.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Releases on May 25th

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

From Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Teammate Experience Update
Team Level: Common Team XP
While fighting to survive against ever-increasing odds, you’ve been gaining experience necessary to boost your chances of survival. Now, your teammates will also benefit from these engagements and earn experience as well! Coming in Title Update 400, your teammates will have a Team Level, which will be measured with a common XP bar called Team XP. Gaining teammate XP is as simple as playing the game with your AI teammates active! But that’s not all: teammate XP can also be gained by playing and completing specific Teammate Missions when you perform actions that award XP such as kills, revives, and sync shots.

Accumulate enough of this XP to make your teammates more deadly in the field. Once your teammates have levelled up, you will receive a notification. This will tell you which upgrade you have unlocked, as well as link to the dedicated menu page.

Teammate Challenges: Cosmetic Rewards and XP
But that’s not all! There will also be a new list of challenges that grant Team XP, as well as Cosmetic Rewards in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Completing these challenges will unlock some of the following rewards:

Teammate Upgrades:
As mentioned above, your AI teammates will receive more upgrades as they level up. There are 14 upgrades to unlock in total, with three active abilities unique to each teammate. These abilities include:
• Piercing Shot: Vasily performs a special shot dealing massive damage to its target. Vasily uses this ability only on drones and enemy vehicles.
• Scan: Fury detects all nearby enemies and directly communicates their position to the whole squad.
• Combat drone: Fixit deploys a drone fighting on his side. The combat drone automatically targets the closest enemy to Fixit when in a fight.
Each AI teammate will unlock one special skill once you have reached the required level. There is no need to micromanage – your squad will use their abilities autonomously when the conditions are met. Once used, these abilities will go into a cooldown before being available to be used again. Your teammates will call out when they use their skill, so you will be able to coordinate effectively as a squad.

Teammate Improvements:

The levelling system is not the only improvement being added in the update. The dev team has been working on added features in order to allow the teammates to meet some of your requests and to enhance immersion for your gameplay!
• Manage your squad size: You can now activate or deactivate teammates individually. You can run your squad with the number of members you want.
• Customize your R6 teammates: The appearance and primary weapon of Rainbow teammates can now be customized. The only non-modifiable options are their body features and their head accessories.
• Hide AI Teammates secondary weapon: You can now hide your teammates secondary weapon. When secondary weapon is hidden, it will only appear during Sync Shots, and will only appear when using this feature.
• Disable AI Teammate skills: The new abilities that come with the update and the Rainbow abilities can be deactivated in the settings.
• NVG Animations for AI Teammates: If the AI teammates have NVG equipped, they will perform the NVG equip animation when the player does. This is only visual and has no gameplay implications.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint - Patch Notes Title Update 4.0.0

I won't post the whole set of notes, go to the link if you care. Here's the important stuff :wink:
Our latest patch for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Title Update 4.0.0, will be deployed on May 25 at 9 AM UTC (during maintenance) across all platforms.

In addition to the information listed below, please note that our Known Issues list has also been updated. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us as we continue to improve the game.

DOWNLOAD SIZE
Please note: Whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing. The size of the patch depends on your platform, region, and preferred language.

PC: ~23GB
Xbox Series X|S / Xbox One: ~23GB
PlayStation®5 system / PlayStation®4 system: ~23GB
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ghost Recon’s 20th anniversary includes a Tomb Raider crossover in Breakpoint
It’s the 20th anniversary of the Ghost Recon series this year, and Ubisoft has revealed all the things it’s adding to the latest title Ghost Recon: Breakpoint to celebrate – including a new Operation named Motherland featuring the return of Wildlands’ Karen Bowman, and a crossover with Square Enix’s Tomb Raider series.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Without much fanfare, the Tomb Raider/Wildlands crossover events are now active. You'll have to download an update which was pretty fast for me. Right now there is just a Tomb Raider related mission that unlocks a few rewards but also teases about the Karen Bowman missions.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ghost Recon Breakpoint is getting a whole new single player campaign
While we wait for the series to try the battle royale game format in Ghost Recon Frontline, it seems Ubisoft isn’t done with Ghost Recon Breakpoint just yet. A massive new update is on the way that adds a whole new single-player campaign that spans the entire island of Auroa.

Dubbed Operation Motherland, the new conquest mode is about liberating the island territory by territory. CIA agent Karen Bowman, who you may remember as the Ghosts’ handler in Ghost Recon Wildlands, returns to direct an effort to secure Auroa against enemy control by putting Haruhi Ito and her Outcasts in control. To do this, Ghosts will have to complete missions in each of Auroa’s territories, eventually finding and eliminating the lieutenant in charge of that zone.

Each time you complete a mission, the dynamics of that region will change – missions might have you eliminating the source of drone surveillance in the area, or decreasing enemy patrols. Those actions will have real impacts on how the situation on the ground looks as you continue through the area, eventually collecting enough clues to identify and assassinate the local boss.

Here’s the trailer:

To keep things feeling fresh in conquest mode, you’ll be facing the elite Russian Bodark faction that’s appeared several times in the Ghost Recon series. As the video above illustrates, they’re bringing their own trucks and equipment, as well as some new enemy archetypes that will require new tactics to deal with in the field.

You’ll have access to some new gear, too – namely, the Ghosts’ optical camo that renders users nearly invisible to the naked eye. That piece of kit has its own upgrade path, and will be usable in the main story mode as well once you’ve unlocked it in conquest mode.

Operation Motherland arrives November 2
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Now THAT is something that could pull me (and my son) back in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

In this context, "single player" just means "not the pvp stuff". It's still doable in co-op, right?

Also, and I apologize if this is covered in the video, where does this fit into the original campaign? I'm in the process of going through the campaign with a friend right now. Should we finish it before activating this one?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 pm In this context, "single player" just means "not the pvp stuff". It's still doable in co-op, right?

Also, and I apologize if this is covered in the video, where does this fit into the original campaign? I'm in the process of going through the campaign with a friend right now. Should we finish it before activating this one?
I'm assuming co-op is still doable, can't think of a reason they would lock it out.

This new campaign takes place after events in the expansions, so you might want to complete the original campaign to avoid any spoilers.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:30 pm
TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 pm In this context, "single player" just means "not the pvp stuff". It's still doable in co-op, right?

I'm assuming co-op is still doable, can't think of a reason they would lock it out.

This new campaign takes place after events in the expansions, so you might want to complete the original campaign to avoid any spoilers.
Thanks. I figured we would probably do that. But it sounded like some of the changes might be nice to have earlier (like the stealth gear). We are leaning that way with the other 3 free DLCs.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wsh my PC could play this better. Hell I wish it would even play some stuff after 2019. It will run Breakpoint if I turn most everything down but its not a lot of fun when its all turned down. Even then it still runs not good is what Id say. Not awful but not good. I will say I did like what I saw when I gave it a go. I only played until the rebel base main camp / game hub. Think I saw Coop just standing around :) But this is one game I plan to play the crap out of one day.

As an aside Wildlands ran bad too is what ruined it for me. Hard to get enjoyment from something that runs slow of choppy with everything turned down and still pauses and is floaty.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Thanks. I figured we would probably do that. But it sounded like some of the changes might be nice to have earlier (like the stealth gear). We are leaning that way with the other 3 free DLCs.
Probably true, those are cool bits of gear. I'm a bit burned out on GRB, having more than 230 hours in it, which is quite a lot for me. But this new campaign sounds a lot like Wildlands and I really liked Wildlands. And now that in GRB you can turn off all that Gear Level stuff (which I disliked) it makes the game even more appealing.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

One thing we discovered, however, is that the loot is still dependent on the hidden gear level. My friend was bitching that he never got the better weapon parts (I forget which ones). After looking it up, I discovered that they only drop if your gear level is 75 or higher. So we turned on gear score for a bit and discovered that he was still at 70 while I was well over 100. I think it's because I have been leveling classes to 10 and then switching. But he likes being a sniper and was still on his first class.

Kind of frustrating that there isn't any good info (that I could find) to explain all that.

Black Lives Matter

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Patch Notes (4.1.0)
This title update will be released in a repackaged format, which may improve general in-game performance for some users. This causes a heavier patch but will allow lighter updates in the future. It will also reduce disk space occupied by Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

The size of the patch depends on your platform, region, and preferred language.

Patch size:
  • PC: ~50,65 GB
  • Xbox Series X|S / Xbox One: ~48,5 GB
  • PlayStation®5 system / PlayStation®4 system: ~45,5.GB

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I installed the update and gave it a try. It's nice that I can continue an existing character with 30 unused skill points :D and the campaign looks interesting, although I notice that the update notes mentions "Play more than 60 short missions". I played for an hour but I don't really see anything that's going to draw me back into this game. That's a shame as I really liked the gameplay, but I burned out on it a while ago.

That said, for anyone who hasn't played Breakpoint, picking up the game and going right into Conquest Mode might be a nice alternative rather than going into the Story Campaign which while interesting is also quite involved with background stories, lots of conversations and a great deal of exploration. Conquest Mode would seem to scratch the itch of someone looking for a more straightforward shooter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I reinstalled. It looked bad on my old system. Saw The redhead chick coopasonic standing at the table still :) ...deleted. Wish I could run it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And it's a wrap.

Ubisoft ends Ghost Recon Breakpoint updates
Ghost Recon Breakpoint was a mess at launch—"tedious and confused," we said in our 40% review (opens in new tab)—but Ubisoft stuck with it (opens in new tab) through fixes, updates, and the launch of a Friends Pass and free trial edition. There hasn't been any real news from the game since the release of the Operation Motherland update in October 2021, though, and today Ubisoft confirmed that there will be no further content updates.

"The last four months marked the release of our final piece of content: The brand new Operation Motherland mode, tons of new items including 20th anniversary iconic outfits and Quartz items for Ghost Recon Breakpoint," Ubisoft said in a message posted to Twitter.

"We will continue to maintain our servers for both Ghost Recon Wildlands and Ghost Recon Breakpoint and we truly hope you will continue to enjoy the game and have fun playing in solo or co-op with your friends."

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, I guess I can go ahead and uninstall it, then. I haven't touched it the Terminator event, I believe.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The servers are staying up, they're just not developing any additional content (or, presumably, fixing any remaining bugs).

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:16 pm The servers are staying up, they're just not developing any additional content (or, presumably, fixing any remaining bugs).
This is true. It will remain playable and have all current content available. Just don't expect any more updates or new content. Still a lot of game there. I've put in over 200 hours, which is quite a lot for me.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Considering that you can still play Wildlands, I expect the servers will stay up for a few more years, at least.

Besides, if they shut it down any time soon, their Quartz NFTs would become worthless. Well, more worthless... :coffee:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have only an hour in it. Want to start from scratch sometime since I have a video card that will actually run it. I swear when I did log in I see Coop just standing at the camp table...every time I logged it. I logged in just a few weeks ago to test the video card and there he was still. Its like he is a npc that stands there. Its freaky! :)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm Well, I guess I can go ahead and uninstall it, then. I haven't touched it the Terminator event, I believe.
That event kind of sucks. Even once you get a gun that can kill them, it's really hard.

My friend and I just gave up on it last weekend. We were doing a quest. Without getting too spoilery, we had to kill a "boss" terminator. I guess. Something like that. Anyway, after a dozen or so attempts, we finally succeed. Then we have to escape from the area. On the second or third attempt, the game crashed. It set us all the way back to the beginning. We didn't feel like trying the boss fight again. So we switched to the Resistance one.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:41 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm Well, I guess I can go ahead and uninstall it, then. I haven't touched it the Terminator event, I believe.
That event kind of sucks. Even once you get a gun that can kill them, it's really hard.
Ditto, pass on the Terminator event, not worth the trouble. The other ones are good however.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Breakpoint's NFT scam has also run its course.

Ubisoft ends its NFT experiment in Ghost Recon Breakpoint but promises they're 'coming to other games'
Yesterday, Ubisoft announced that Ghost Recon Breakpoint would receive no further content updates, the final act for a game that had an extremely messy launch and never really found its audience. It also ended up being used as a guinea pig for Ubisoft Quartz: the first attempt by a major publisher to incorporate non-fungible tokens in its games. Breakpoint's 'Digits', cosmetics with little numbers on them, launched in December 2021.

The Breakpoint Digits did not create all that much interest: I kept checking trading sites for a month or two after their launch, and there was barely any activity around them. Now Ubisoft has confirmed that the end of Breakpoint updates also means that the game won't see any more Digits: a message on the Ubisoft Quartz website thanks players who bought them and reads "You own a piece of the game and have left your mark in its history" (thanks, GI.biz).

Or in other words: hard cheese hombre! The language around NFTs always zeroes-in on this idea of ownership and legacy and leaving a mark and... it's just all such obvious nonsense. The idea that someone who bought a pair of gloves with a serial number 'owns' a piece of Breakpoint is as absurd as the idea that anyone will care about the 'history' of in-game items.

The Digits always felt like a weak pitch anyway, little more than 'limited edition' cosmetics. But now they show that the grander NFT promise—transferring items between games and 'owning' them in perpetuity—for the bunk it is. Players won't be able to do anything with their Breakpoint Digits now other than, erm, wear them in Breakpoint (or try to offload them onto the next sap).

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been occasionally playing Breakpoint with the latest update, Operation Motherland. Turns out that although not mentioned in the accompanying articles and videos, there are a number of changes on the island of Auroa as well. There are new buildings and indeed whole new complexes, plus changes to the terrain. Add in the new camo (cloaking!) system, new weapons, AI teammate progression, weapon skill upgrades and a whole lot of other things and it feels if not like a whole new game, certainly like something worth picking up the game again for.

Operation Motherland trailer below, just in case you're too lazy to scroll up to the top of the page :wink:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Conquest mode sounds like Ghost Recon Far Cry. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:15 pm Conquest mode sounds like Ghost Recon Far Cry. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Really, the Operation Motherland Conquest mode provides a structure for presenting the player with a variety of missions. Each region (there are eleven in total) need two of three initial missions to be completed to unlock the final mission in each region, although completing all three initial missions will bring additional benefits to the final regional mission. There are no cutscenes or long dialog menus, just some radioed instructions on how to proceed in each region. Additionally there are four more sets of missions that unlock after conquering certain regions.

In many ways it is the way Ghost Recon Wildlands was structured. In GRW there were a number of regions to conquer and in each you had to accomplish a number of mission before you unlocked access to the big mission that gave you control of the region. So GRB Conquest Mode is rather like that.

Conquest Mode is really a good way to enjoy the Ghost Experience gameplay without a lot of story lines or needing to go back and forth across the map. Also you can continue with your saved character so you have access to all those skills you have unlocked.

I really, desperately hope that Ubisoft releases a sequel to Breakpoint that uses the final version of the gameplay. The initial release of Breakpoint had issues but the updates have addressed all the ones I cared about and have really made the game a worthy successor to Wildlands.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Real life imitating a video game, Navy Ships Swarmed By Drones, Not UFOs, Defense Officials Confirm
After intense public speculation, stacks of official documents obtained via the Freedom Of Information Act, ambiguous statements from top officials, and an avalanche of media attention, it has now been made clear that the mysterious swarming of U.S. Navy ships off the Southern California coast in 2019 was caused by drones, not otherworldly UFOs or other mysterious craft. Raising even more questions, a similar drone swarm event has occurred off another coast, as well. These revelations came from top Department of Defense officials during a recent and much-anticipated house hearing on UFOs, which you can read all about here.