Borderlands 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Borderlands 3

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Yes, though if the pet dies there is a 60 second wait until it can be summoned again. FL4K has other abilities that have cool down timers.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yep, but the pets for Fl4k are not the analog to the mech for Moze. Every class gets to choose an ability with a cooldown. For Moze, it is her mech. For Fl4k, it is rakks, a vanishing ability, or the ability to teleport your pet around, buffing him.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

May be of interest to some folks: Borderlands 3 weapons cheat sheet - Anointed weapons, elemental damage, manufacturers explained

Except from the article:
Borderlands 3 weapons are absolutely ridiculous in pretty much every way. Blasting far beyond the standard set by the previous games in the series, the game throws gun after gun after gun at you throughout its lengthy campaign, each with a multitude of attributes and effects that can completely change how the gun is used and how effective it can be in the right hands.

There’s a lot to know about the weapons of the Borderlands, which is why we’ve put together this here Borderlands 3 weapons guide, complete with a fully detailed weapons cheat sheet available in 2k resolution for your second monitor! Have a scroll below and we’ll also go over various aspects of gunplay and weaponry in Borderlands 3 in more detail, from Anointed weapons to rarities, elemental damage, and much more.
The main chart (click to expand)
Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Against my better judgement, I picked this up last night. I've always had trouble with the BL causing me motion sickness, but I watched a few reviews yesterday that didn't seem to trigger it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Seems pretty fun so far. I'm terrible at it, but the mayhem seems enjoyable enough. Gotta get better about figuring out which weapons to bother with. I get a bit bogged down in examining stats on everything I can pick up. I'm Skinypupy on Epic, if anyone wants to add me.

The only things that bugged me were the car controls (which I absolutely hate...need to figure out how to remap those), and some of the vague quest instructions. There's that one early quest that, in order to unlock the red chest, it requires you to connect two halves of a wire by shooting a water pipe far above them and let the water make the connection. After looking around for ages, the NPC finally told me what to do. I never even would have seen that the thing she was telling me to shoot was a water pipe, much less would have thought to shoot at it. That makes me a bit concerned about what sort of things I'll miss later.\

Quick question: How often and/or when does the game autosave?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:43 am I never even would have seen that the thing she was telling me to shoot was a water pipe, much less would have thought to shoot at it. That makes me a bit concerned about what sort of things I'll miss later.
Just keep an eye open for the red-and-white bullseye targets. Those always seem to be the aim points for those sorts of puzzles. They're also sometimes used to set up environmental hazards (e.g. shooting a pipe to create a toxic leak that damages anything moving into the area of effect).
Quick question: How often and/or when does the game autosave?
fanbyte wrote:As in the previous games in the series, Borderlands 3 records your progress whenever you finish a section of a mission or pass a New-U station (the checkpoint robots that pop out of the ground when you pass by). After dying or quitting the game, you’ll respawn next to the most recently-passed Fast Travel location or New-U. That means you’re always auto-saving whenever those things happen.

In other news, I had a Doh! moment when I finally realized that those purple crystal structures all over the place can be punched to destroy them and get a few pieces of eridium. Sometimes they're found on containers, which can be looted after destroying the crystals. Win-win!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm In other news, I had a Doh! moment when I finally realized that those purple crystal structures all over the place can be punched to destroy them and get a few pieces of eridium. Sometimes they're found on containers, which can be looted after destroying the crystals. Win-win!
For the record, you weren't missing them the whole time... that ability is unlocked at a certain point in the story and it is quite a ways in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm In other news, I had a Doh! moment when I finally realized that those purple crystal structures all over the place can be punched to destroy them and get a few pieces of eridium
To save peoples' knuckles, that only becomes possible after a certain story milestone is passed.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:43 am I never even would have seen that the thing she was telling me to shoot was a water pipe, much less would have thought to shoot at it. That makes me a bit concerned about what sort of things I'll miss later.
Just keep an eye open for the red-and-white bullseye targets. Those always seem to be the aim points for those sorts of puzzles. They're also sometimes used to set up environmental hazards (e.g. shooting a pipe to create a toxic leak that damages anything moving into the area of effect).
Very helpful, thanks. I actually saw and shot the target, but it didn’t do anything so I figured it was some sort of other collectible.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Even when you know it's coming, it's still too cool for school:
Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Got onto the ship, really having fun with this. First BL game to hook me.

Two things I hope they address via patch at some point:

1. These area maps are a mess. It’s impossible to figure out where you’re going half the time.
2. It’s way too easy to accidentally buy stuff from the vending machines when you don’t intend to. A confirmation prompt would be nice.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Stayed up way too late playing online coop with a friend. Not surprisingly, it was much smoother than couch coop, although there was still lag in the some menus. Knocked out a few bosses together that probably would’ve been a PITA solo. And finally got my first two legendary weapons!
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow, jumping into a co-op game with higher level folks certainly gives you a hell of a boost. I've got a couple buddies who are max level, and I ran around with them for literally 15 minutes this afternoon.

In that 15 minutes, I went from level 11 to level 17, and from $10K to $170K in gold. That's crazy. I'm now way overleveled for the quests I'm currently working on (level 10-12), so...yay? :?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Did they have coopetition setting on? I believe that makes the enemies and items scaled to the highest level player. So not surprising you were getting loads of experience and money. I've only played coop in the cooperation mode, which makes the scaling of enemies, items, and experience different for each player based on their level. I've played coop three times and each time my friends were much lower level than me; they didn't rapidly level up or get items/money above their level.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

No idea, it was my first co-op attempt. I had no idea wtf was going on, tbh.

I also got a couple weapons I can’t equip until level 45, so I’m guessing it was the non-scaled mode
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:12 pm I believe that makes the enemies and items scaled to the highest level player.
I *think* it is scaled to the level of the host player in coopetition. It's powerlevel mode.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And after five spins I discover that the second slot machine charges eridium. Grumble.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I like the slots in the BL series. Spin and a drawer opens to a shiny. Or a door opens and theres a shiny. Well sometimes its a grenade but we cant always use all our fingers to pull that lever.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:16 am And after five spins I discover that the second slot machine charges eridium. Grumble.
Isn't it 10 per spin? 50 eridium is peanuts. I still haven't finished the story and have a little over 1100. This is not BL2. Also, to this point, I haven't found any good use for eridium, which is how I have so much I guess.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:11 am
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:16 am And after five spins I discover that the second slot machine charges eridium. Grumble.
Isn't it 10 per spin? 50 eridium is peanuts. I still haven't finished the story and have a little over 1100. This is not BL2. Also, to this point, I haven't found any good use for eridium, which is how I have so much I guess.
After a certain point it is peanuts. Right now I'm probably six or eight hours in and have ~120, hoping to save for a weapon skin that's 200 plus. It isn't peanuts yet.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fair enough. If I could share my eridium with you I would gladly do so.

Regarding the game, now that I assume I am closing in on the end of the story, I am having more fun with it, but it is still very much BL2+ in my opinion. I have been playing Amara, but I started a FL4K character this weekend because that's all youtube is talking about and all of the Amara builds are melee focused. I finally found a non-melee Amara build that looks very good (Samsara based - bonus damage and healing based on how many targets your action skills hits) and I am just getting to the point where I have enough points to use it and it is nice to *finally* have some healing.

Playing co-op with my son I was always the one playing the Siren with some sort of team healing ability and that has been pretty lacking so far and . my build is still 100% self-heal. The other thing we are desperately missing is ammo regen. I would kill for some damn ammo. The amount I spend on ammo refills (primarily using SMGs) is obnoxious.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its been 10 years since the first Borderlands released and they are doing stuff to celebrate inside BL3. Heres the list info.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/204270/bord ... elebration
Stereotaxis

Post by Stereotaxis »

I have played all of them.
Brian

Post by Brian »

You couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!!

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:36 pm You couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!!

Ok, it took me quite a while to figure out what was special about a screenshot of Zane. (Hint: It's a gif. Click it.)

That's really awesome.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Indeed. That's fantastic.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Alefroth wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/15/20866 ... al-foundry

Resolution mode is apparently a smoother experience on consoles.
I've started playing it and I don't find this to be true. When I was playing in Resolution mode, there was something about it. It wasn't jerky, but it isn't smooth. My eyes were getting strained and I would get a headache. I switched to Performance and that went away. It's nice and silky and still looks great. I like the larger text and interface, too.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 pm And it turns out that I can't kill Killavolt :( at least not at level 14 like it recommends and not even on Easier difficulty. Luckily it is not a campaign mission so I can bypass it for now.

I'm 17 hours in and so far no crashes. I have had a few weird issues with my X360 controller left shift, even though I've tinkered with the dead zone settings. Maybe it's time for a new controller.
I just ran up against Killavolt and can't take him down at level 15. Playing as Zane I have to bring out the drone and digi-clone, but they kill the pyschos that I try to leave alive for a Second Wind. I get him to about 10% before the electrified floor gets me and there's no one standing but him. Did you ever go back and kill Killavolt?
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 am
jztemple2 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 pm And it turns out that I can't kill Killavolt :( at least not at level 14 like it recommends and not even on Easier difficulty. Luckily it is not a campaign mission so I can bypass it for now.

I'm 17 hours in and so far no crashes. I have had a few weird issues with my X360 controller left shift, even though I've tinkered with the dead zone settings. Maybe it's time for a new controller.
I just ran up against Killavolt and can't take him down at level 15. Playing as Zane I have to bring out the drone and digi-clone, but they kill the pyschos that I try to leave alive for a Second Wind. I get him to about 10% before the electrified floor gets me and there's no one standing but him. Did you ever go back and kill Killavolt?
I had issues as well as Flak. Went back out and leveled up and made sure that I had the appropriate weapons for going after his shields. Second time around it was no problem at all. Just grind a little more and retry.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

His bubble is different from his shield, isn't it? I've used shock weapons on his shield and it's immune.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm His bubble is different from his shield, isn't it? I've used shock weapons on his shield and it's immune.
Use corrosive or incendiary. He's immune to shock. Sorry, I was a little vague above.

Also crit him in the back and uhm, groin.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

WYBaugh wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm His bubble is different from his shield, isn't it? I've used shock weapons on his shield and it's immune.
Use corrosive or incendiary. He's immune to shock. Sorry, I was a little vague above.

Also crit him in the back and uhm, groin.
I didn't think you were vague. Being immune to shock does make sense.

Umm... groin shots it is.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just completed the Cistern of Slaughter on True Vault Hunter Mode Mayhem 3 solo. I think I am done.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:07 pm I just completed the Cistern of Slaughter on True Vault Hunter Mode Mayhem 3 solo. I think I am done.
Don't be so sure. Free Holloween themed DLC comes out today. New enemies, skins, weapons, and a new zone. You know you will play it.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Scraper wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:55 am
coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:07 pm I just completed the Cistern of Slaughter on True Vault Hunter Mode Mayhem 3 solo. I think I am done.
Don't be so sure. Free Holloween themed DLC comes out today. New enemies, skins, weapons, and a new zone. You know you will play it.
The Outer Worlds also comes out this evening. Unless it is a total wreck, that wins. Maybe I'll squeeze in some time for the halloween stuff if my son begs enough. If there is anything in the halloween stuff that poses a challenge. I am somewhat doubtful.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I personally will wait for the Outer Worlds to be patched a few times before I dive it. Games like that are usually total bug fests when they first come out.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

New patch today. It's mostly bug fixes rather than balance changes (thank god.) A couple stood out.

First off, they added new vending machines. I don't think there was a level where my inventory wasn't full halfway though.

Second,this item was in the patch notes:
  • Adjusted the volume of the 2K and Gearbox logo intro movies
:clap:
Spoiler:
G E A R B O X !
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just saw this. Expires tonight:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Strange choices there. Id have it as.......

Operative = Frankie
Beastmaster = Werewolf
Siren = Crazy Clown
Gunner = Skull
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Borderlands 3 is heading to Steam on March 13, Gearbox announced during its PAX East panel. This version will feature crossplay with the Epic Games Store, which has been the exclusive storefront for the looter-shooter on PC since it launched last September.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If you've been waiting for Borderlands 3 to hit Steam, there's more good news. It will be on sale for 50% off until 20 March 2020.