If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

AWS260

Gorogoa

Post by AWS260 »

Smoove_B

Re: Gorogoa

Post by Smoove_B »

Whoa. Hadn't heard of this. Thanks for posting.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about this one. Couldn't decide between Steam, Switch, and iPhone.

Or more accurately, I could decide, as I just downloaded it on the iPhone. Assuming the content is the same, $5 on iOS sounded better than $12-15 elsewhere.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, I'm thinking this game would really shine on a tablet or touchscreen vs Steam.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

weird, the demo's been out for years now (i checked and i had played it in early January of 2014)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 pm weird, the demo's been out for years now (i checked and i had played it in early January of 2014)
The Kotaku article goes into that a bit.

This is my first experience with the game, and I'm glad it was brought to my attention. Very nice on my touchscreen iOS devices.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I picked it up on steam, and played through it last night. It's very arthouse game, which I really liked, but not everyone will. The gameplay feels like Framed crossed with The Witness. Figuring out solutions feels pretty great. I have no idea what's going on with the story, but the art is evocative of...something. I'd probably have to play it again and focus on it to have a better idea what's going on.

The knock some will have against it is that yeah, it's short. I finished it in under two hours. I'm okay with spending $12 for it on Steam because I don't mind supporting this kind of art game thing, but not everyone will want to pay a premium to do that. $5 on mobile is probably a better value proposition. Controls are totally fine on PC though.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I picked it up on the Switch, which (undocked) is a great platform for this kind of touch-friendly interface. I haven't played much yet, but so far each little window is wonderful... magical, even.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I play it for a little bit, get stuck, walk away. Lather, rinse, repeat. :wink:
-mf
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:50 am I play it for a little bit, get stuck, walk away. Lather, rinse, repeat. :wink:
Same. Doubt I'll ever get the achievement to finish in either under 500 moves or 30 minutes.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I played it for 99 minutes and had it beat.

Probably not going to go back for any achievements as the 'story' once told is pretty quick and the challenge is gone. I won't refund it, though, as I want this developer to make more. I found it an enjoyable ride. I'd probably go back for the achievements if there was an easy way to skip cut-scenes and animations I've already seen before and could blow through it in 15 minutes.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.