Black Desert Online

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sudy

Re: Black Desert Online

Post by Sudy »

ESO always looks like it has combat that should be extremely fun as a hybrid between traditional tab-target and action, but whenever I'm tried it it's just felt unwieldy. Though I suspect part of the issue is that I'm just not giving myself time to adjust to it. MMO combat is weird as it so often feels like relative crap as a concession to exist in a multiplayer environment. Yet poor combat would be a huge strike against most single-player games. And of course, we can have combat that feels great in smaller-scale multiplayer enviroments.

WoW mastered tab-targetting early on and feels great for what it is, over hundreds of hours. But compared to single-player anything it's incredibly stale. BDO on the other hand is supposed to be one of the MMOs with great feeling combat, but I can't get deep enough into the game to experience it lol.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

FWIW BDO "Remastered" is having some free thing until Mar 10 at 1am. I think it's the 5th year anniversary or something so there are other bonus giveaways. Also I think they changed the way servers work (I don't remember) but apparently you can make a character on any server and then play it on different ones. For new characters they have special servers (Olivia I think they are called) with xp bonuses.

If you haven't played in a long while like me, you may need/want to transfer your old account to the new company. I had a lot of trouble doing it, and even after I was supposedly successful I couldn't find my old characters. Which is just as well, they were pretty low and I think I need to relearn the game from the start regardless.

If you happen to check it out, I'm Rittchard Exxsulum
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:56 am About once every 6 months, I get the urge to revisit BDO in the hopes that this will be the time it actually clicks and makes a lick of sense.

It never does. :lol:

Also, if anyone is interested in trying this on console, my advice is...don't. It's a completely unplayable mess on PS4. Buggy as hell, with frame rate that is typically down in the single digits.
Fired it up over the weekend on the XSX and it ran pretty good at 4k. Having some fun with it. Note you really do need to get through the prologue...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.