Mad Max PC ...open world...the new Shadows of Mordor?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Mad Max PC ...open world...the new Shadows of Mordor?

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I thing theres a thread. If its here could you please post how you found it instead of just posting the thread thnx. And the search term. i searched mad max and went to 2011 and nothing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/24/ ... 394f00001a

http://www.ign.com/games/mad-max-the-game/pc-20000659
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Frost

Re: Mad Max PC ...open world...the new Shadows of Mordor?

Post by Frost »

I always love the Mad Max series (The Road Warrior was probably my favorite), but I don't have high hopes for the game. I think it's just a cash in on the movie which gets released soon.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

There have been a few attempts at the Max-autoverse. Auto Assault MMO, RAGE come to mind right away. Carmageddon 2 had a Max themed level as I remember, including Thunderdome and Toecutter's place.

Car Wars of course, and RoadWar 2000 (and RoadWar Europa) and the new one that just came out that follows that model - Convoy

Oh I forgot one. It's fun once you get used to the interface - Darkwind War on Wheels. It's turn based post-apoc auto racing. You also have to manage you gang and vehicles.
There is no hug button. Sad!
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I had such dreams of Auto Assault MMO. The idea was sound, the mechanics had merit, but the execution just missed some "je ne sais quo." I felt the same way about Richard Garriot's sci-fi MMO, awesome universe, neat stuff, but no staying power.

This is a "wait and see for reviews" game pretty clearly, IMHO.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Same bael
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Holy shit!

NOW I want that! ME WANT NOW! That page / video SOLD me. It appears to be a LOT more than I thought it would be. I was simply expecting a cheap mindless car shooter. THAT is WAY more.

You're buildable car The Magnum Opus
Vehicles are a large part of combat in the Mad Max universe, so it is fitting that Max sit behind the wheel of a powerful car. The Magnum Opus is his primary means of conveyance - he builds it himself from the ground up and can craft or purchase additional upgrades for it throughout the game.
I love the physics engine stuff Im seeing in that video on both the cars and the people. love it when that wheel flys off and rolls on.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Brian posted this in the Mad Max movie thread. New trailer for the game. I SO want this. If its close to what it promises it will be perfect. Ive really only wanted two perfect games in my life. One was fulfilled with Black Flag. I got an open world pirate sailing ship action sim with a crew on deck that could do boardings and upgradable guns and ship. Phew. Now Max may give me my second wish an open world post apoc survival game with upgradable cars with guns, salvaging, and uniting the wasteland. Being in the Road Warrior universe is just a PLUS! Im stoked. Plz dont suck plz dont suck.
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

There is nothing about it that is "just a cash-in for the movie". If there was, it would be shoved out at the same time as the movie, not several months later.

This game is being made by the team that brought you Just Cause 2 and they've been working on it for a few years. They definitely now have a lot to live up to with the hype from the movie, but I think they can deliver.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Really looks nice but the combat seemed a little disappointing, where a bunch of bad guys just stood around waiting their turn while Max carried out unrealistically long finishing moves.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Freyland wrote:Really looks nice but the combat seemed a little disappointing, where a bunch of bad guys just stood around waiting their turn while Max carried out unrealistically long finishing moves.
My biggest complaint about the trailer, right there. I'd prefer to feel overwhelmed if I jumped into the middle of a group of hostiles... not safe in the knowledge that they'll each patiently wait their turn.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It is a standard mechanic for this type of games these days. It started with Assassin's Creed, but has been used in the Batman: Arkham games and Shadows of Mordor, too (and probably others I haven't played.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Blackhawk wrote:It is a standard mechanic for this type of games these days. It started with Assassin's Creed, but has been used in the Batman: Arkham games and Shadows of Mordor, too (and probably others I haven't played.)
Yeah, it's funny, I haven't read one word of complaint about it in those games from anybody :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I didn't say it was never complained about (or worthy of complaint.) I just meant that it isn't anything new or surprising.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Paingod wrote:
Freyland wrote:Really looks nice but the combat seemed a little disappointing, where a bunch of bad guys just stood around waiting their turn while Max carried out unrealistically long finishing moves.
My biggest complaint about the trailer, right there. I'd prefer to feel overwhelmed if I jumped into the middle of a group of hostiles... not safe in the knowledge that they'll each patiently wait their turn.
Have you never watched a Kung Fu movie? That trope has been going on since the 60's, if not earlier in old Flash Gordon and Superman shows.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Blackhawk wrote:I didn't say it was never complained about (or worthy of complaint.) I just meant that it isn't anything new or surprising.
Sure, that's what I understood you to be saying. My comment really wasn't addressed to you :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote:It is a standard mechanic for this type of games these days. It started with Assassin's Creed, but has been used in the Batman: Arkham games and Shadows of Mordor, too (and probably others I haven't played.)
I've got the Batman games, but don't remember the henchmen just circling around me - of course, I never stood still like Max seems to there. Batman was constantly flowing from foe to foe and there wasn't really any pause where the bad guys could form an orderly line around me. You certainly didn't want to stand in the middle of 6 hostiles; they will beat on you.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Shawdows doesn't have orderly groups, either. I've been mobbed, and had to double counter a few times. Not to mention the spear and crossbow guys will just drill you down if you're not moving.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
morlac

Post by morlac »

EngineNo9 wrote:There is nothing about it that is "just a cash-in for the movie". If there was, it would be shoved out at the same time as the movie, not several months later.

This game is being made by the team that brought you Just Cause 2
and they've been working on it for a few years. They definitely now have a lot to live up to with the hype from the movie, but I think they can deliver.
Oh my. Had no idea it was those guys. My expectations just went through the roof.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And Just Cause 3 is due out at the end of the year. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip, since this one is due out three months prior.

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Savage Road - new trailer.
Max is left for dead as his cherished Interceptor is stolen by the merciless Wasteland tyrant, Scrotus and his warboys. Max must rebuild a powerful new war machine to escape the deadly Wasteland and can only do that with the aid of his quirky sidekick and expert mechanic, Chumbucket.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote:Savage Road - new trailer.
Max is left for dead as his cherished Interceptor is stolen by the merciless Wasteland tyrant, Scrotus and his warboys. Max must rebuild a powerful new war machine to escape the deadly Wasteland and can only do that with the aid of his quirky sidekick and expert mechanic, Chumbucket.
So Max gets a girlfriend too huh?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dang this has dropped to the 3rd page.

E3 Eye of the Storm video
Brian

Post by Brian »

Angry Joe interviews developers with some game play details revealed.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Game comes out next week. Steam key is 40% off ($36) on green man with MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... -max-na/#b
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Well, given the most recent game from WB (Batman Arkham Knight), I think I will wait on those PC reviews first, especially given the fact that AK is still not (re)released.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Totally reasonable and I hadn't considered that at all. I'll let you know what I think next week. :)

All I want is open world, post apocalyptic Interstate 76. Honestly, I would kill for an updated Interstate 76, minus the post-apocalypses.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Word.

I last left off with I-76 (sometime in 1996?) stuck in the canyon with the helicopter shooting missiles at me. Groovy times, man! I'm afraid to fire it up on today's machines so it doesn't mess with my mojo.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

coopasonic wrote:Totally reasonable and I hadn't considered that at all. I'll let you know what I think next week. :)

All I want is open world, post apocalyptic Interstate 76. Honestly, I would kill for an updated Interstate 76, minus the post-apocalypses.
My PC, which I used to consider mid-range, does not look like it will handle it. :(
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Going for $20 pre-order at cdkeys.com. Caveat: I have never used the cdkeys.com and I'm probably not getting Mad Max but reddit says they're legit so... Image
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Green Man Gaming has just sent me an email giving me a code for 50% off Mad Max. Just how bad is this game going to be, if they are offering it for half off, plus a free DLC?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

I've been trying really hard to find some truly negative impressions just to offset what most E3 demos generally stated as favorable.

I'm now leaning towards the GMG coupon again for a total of $36.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

jztemple2 wrote:Green Man Gaming has just sent me an email giving me a code for 50% off Mad Max. Just how bad is this game going to be, if they are offering it for half off, plus a free DLC?
My thoughts exactly. This reminds me of Omerta, which was heavily discounted about a week from release.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

baelthazar wrote:
jztemple2 wrote:Green Man Gaming has just sent me an email giving me a code for 50% off Mad Max. Just how bad is this game going to be, if they are offering it for half off, plus a free DLC?
My thoughts exactly. This reminds me of Omerta, which was heavily discounted about a week from release.
Is it being discounted like this elsewhere? It might have a lot more to do with where GMG acquired the keys and how much they paid for them than anything to do with the game itself.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Max Peck wrote:
baelthazar wrote:
Is it being discounted like this elsewhere? It might have a lot more to do with where GMG acquired the keys and how much they paid for them than anything to do with the game itself.
Still $20 on cdkeys.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
baelthazar wrote:
Still $20 on cdkeys.
Fair enough. I'm still not inclined to read too much into deep discounts at key resellers who are known for offering deep discounts. :)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Brian

Post by Brian »

Ok, I bit. We'll see how it is in a few days.

That's assuming my old rig can even play it. (New PC purchase coming in the next month or so.)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Unbelievably, GOG sent out Steam keys early so I am pre-loaded and ready to rock. I read one review that was not very positive. It said the story missions suck and the driving gets tiresome. I'll let you know tomorrow.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JayDeath

Post by JayDeath »

I'm all preloaded too! I liked what I've watched on YouTube so I think the game will be great.
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Thanks, guys, for taking the plunge on Mad Max. You're going way beyond........the Thunderdome!
Brian

Post by Brian »

I still haven't received a key from CDKeys. :cry: