Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scraper

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 pm Nah they all fly up there then when Im downed they scatter and I have no one for a second wind. I die so easy and yet Im using a legendary shield I think. My clones are 1 point from max too. Not sure why its so difficult.
I know this is an old thread but with quarantine I am going back and finishing up old games.

I got stuck on the gunship fight too. But I found a really simple exploit that worked for me. When you ride the elevator down simply stay in the elevator room. It acts as a choke point for all the enemies and the gunship really can't touch you in there. When you have a chance pop your head out and whittle the gunship down. I died literally 10 times in a row fighting this boss out in the open. The first time I decided to stay in the elevator room I killed him without much of a problem. The most difficult part about this method is that there is no oxygen in the room so you do have to leave the room every now and then to get O2.
FTE
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That sounds familiar. I feel like the other potential problem with it was running out of ammo. But otherwise, it offered a decent place to fight from.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

TheMix wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:46 am That sounds familiar. I feel like the other potential problem with it was running out of ammo. But otherwise, it offered a decent place to fight from.
Yeah the fight is long with this method so you will run out of ammo, but there are about 8 ammo chests just to the left of the room
FTE
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Arise- Having made it through BL2 I am now here.....and of course looping the 1-15 hamster wheel as I try to find what class resonates.

So far it is the Jack clone and the Baroness but Wilhelm is sort of starting to resonate as well.

What did you all find as your favorite? Jack is just a hoot for dialog and for the many Digi-Jacks I can throw out there.

Baroness is a snipers sniper

Wilhelm's robots are fun but for a big strapping hulk of a vault hunter he sure dies a lot even though I am in the Juggernaut line
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive played it about 3 times but not finished it. My last go I got the furthest wit h Jack clone. I dont know why i cant finish it. I think its because I played it all alone. The other two I only played online with people. I think I got them finished because i was dragged through them. I missed a ton of story and content because of it. May have another go at this old Jack one and push forward again some day.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I played as Jack and Athena. It's been a while, and all I really remember is that I liked Athena better.

Claptrap is fun for a lark, but doesn't suit me. And if you ever decide to play multiplayer, avoid him. He's widely hated and will get you kicked out of many online groups. The problem is that some of his action skill abilities are automatically applied to the whole team, causing them to do things like randomly throw grenades, get knocked back, force their weapons into unstoppable full auto, reduce their guns accuracy by a third, or cause them to bounce around like rubber balls. It seriously screws up a lot of character builds and forces the entire team to play Claptrap's way.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looking at the classes Im not sure now that I liked Jack best. Wilhelm i remember trying and to me he would seem to fit my style with the robots he has. So now Im not sure why I haven't finished the game with either of them.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Just go back one page and refresh your memory... :ninja:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:39 pm I played as Jack and Athena. It's been a while, and all I really remember is that I liked Athena better.

Claptrap is fun for a lark, but doesn't suit me. And if you ever decide to play multiplayer, avoid him. He's widely hated and will get you kicked out of many online groups. The problem is that some of his action skill abilities are automatically applied to the whole team, causing them to do things like randomly throw grenades, get knocked back, force their weapons into unstoppable full auto, reduce their guns accuracy by a third, or cause them to bounce around like rubber balls. It seriously screws up a lot of character builds and forces the entire team to play Claptrap's way.
that actually sounds like a fun time as long as everyone isn't gun ho we have to be the best of the best
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I love those Jack pep talks.....but do they actually do anything is it just a wasted skill point?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:39 pm I played as Jack and Athena. It's been a while, and all I really remember is that I liked Athena better.

that actually sounds like a fun time as long as everyone isn't gun ho we have to be the best of the best
The problem isn't about interfering with min-maxers. The problem is when someone wants to play, say, a sniper. Then every fight they either get their gun stuck on full auto with -33% accuracy, or get it taken away and replaced with melee weapons, or whatever. It isn't a huge deal if you're playing up close and chaotic, but if you're not, you're out of luck.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

understood but it would almost be worth the rez fee to be plugging away with my sniper rifle and all of a sudden go full auto.....and claptrap explaining how I as his trusty minion, I realize that is BL2, f'ed up. Granted might grow old after a while

I would love to play with 3 others all of us with a tribe a Digi-Jacks deployed and all the JAcks giving us a pep talks
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Jaddison wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:09 pm I love those Jack pep talks.....but do they actually do anything is it just a wasted skill point?
You mean his inspire skill?...does nothing at all other than the little star that flys across the screen.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Jaddison wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:09 pm I love those Jack pep talks.....but do they actually do anything is it just a wasted skill point?
You mean his inspire skill?...does nothing at all other than the little star that flys across the screen.
But damn it soooooo inspiring! Not jizz in my pants inspiring but inspiring nonetheless
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Somehow, I never quite got into this game as opposed to the other ones. That "go back for more oxygen" thing simply made the game tedious for me. Didn't get too much further beyond that.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:41 am Somehow, I never quite got into this game as opposed to the other ones. That "go back for more oxygen" thing simply made the game tedious for me. Didn't get too much further beyond that.
O2 canisters drop so frequently, plus they heal me, that I have not really found this an issue and instead is something I use to my advantage by turning off the oxygen generator things at times so that I can pick up the O2 and heal.....plus this allows me to shot off their face plates and leave them O2 deprived. Where I have run into some problems was using the "boost" if flight feature...which sucks oxygen pretty damn quickly.

Have not died from lack of O2 yet not even close but I have been sucking vacuum at times
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

From what I recall, after the opening sequence O2 is never really an issue. It's background noise.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

In all my many hours of playing Borderlands games....albeit way after all of you, I never had a moment wear I just felt ugly. That moment was the Felicity sequence. It almost makes me not want to play other classes through that moment.

Digi-Jack is not faring well in that fight either.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Claptrap is by far the most fun of all them to play....unpredictable, wacky but a good time. The ever rotating special power is a treat and when it is the claptrap copy captivating the target with that dumb music.....FUN! I have now have a chance to poop out a grenade shower that can also hurt me.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

after 12 utterly frustrating tries I took down that big friggin ship on the moon ...the ram jet or some such thing. I hate that thing and it cost me about $30k in rez money. Yay!
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

First play through complete...and with Claptrap no less.Now I can't kill Deadbolt on TVH mode.....sigh
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Jaddison wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:47 pm after 12 utterly frustrating tries I took down that big friggin ship on the moon ...the ram jet or some such thing. I hate that thing and it cost me about $30k in rez money. Yay!
The secret is to stay in the elevator.
FTE
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

it feels like TVH mode is more like UVH mode in Borderlands 2. Clappy is getting his metal butt kicked regularly.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Finished first play through with Nisha.

While claptrap was wild and unpredictable plus his dumbass comments, Nisha was run and gun and get to showdown then run and gun and get to showdown. Moxi's laser though is an incredible weapon that got me through a lot for both characters....that and Zarpadon's pistol,

TVHM is much harder than TVHM for BL2
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 am it feels like TVH mode is more like UVH mode in Borderlands 2. Clappy is getting his metal butt kicked regularly.
Usually that's a sign that your weapons are getting a little outdated. I think I played some TVHM, but now you have me wondering. I certainly don't remember it being particularly hard. Whereas UVHM in BL2 is noticeably more difficult.

So, check your weapons. If they are more than a couple levels lower than the content/your current level, then you might want to look for upgrades. Don't forget the chest (assuming you have access). And don't forget to check periodically for new keys to be available.

There is also that machine, but I never figured out how it works. So... meh. 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

the grinder...yeah I grind a lot just to see how lucky I am. Did grind a legendary once

TVHM in pre-sequel scales to level which it didn't in BL2 so you are always in for a fight. I don't think they heal though
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:52 am
Usually that's a sign that your weapons are getting a little outdated. I think I played some TVHM, but now you have me wondering. I certainly don't remember it being particularly hard. Whereas UVHM in BL2 is noticeably more difficult.

So, check your weapons. If they are more than a couple levels lower than the content/your current level, then you might want to look for upgrades.
Yep, and when it gets to that point, you often have to compromise on your preferences unless your build hinges on them (IE - fire guns for fire builds.) You are often better off with an on-level SMG or pistol than trying to whittle down tough enemies with a badly outdated rifle, even if you love rifles. Get what works, and sidegrade for what you prefer as it becomes available.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Uh oh. Now I suddenly remember becoming obsessed with that key chest in town and what id get out of it. Always searching for free keys and trying to get a cool weapon. yep not reinstalling.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 pm
TheMix wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:52 am

So, check your weapons. If they are more than a couple levels lower than the content/your current level, then you might want to look for upgrades.
Yep, and when it gets to that point, you often have to compromise on your preferences unless your build hinges on them (IE - fire guns for fire builds.) You are often better off with an on-level SMG or pistol than trying to whittle down tough enemies with a badly outdated rifle, even if you love rifles. Get what works, and sidegrade for what you prefer as it becomes available.
I used Moxi's laser way beyond its level including on the initial stages of the final boss fight to quickly whittle down shields. Zarpedon's pistol is level 11......I used that sucker all the way to 20 and beyond.....that pistol and showdown are made for each other
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Just remember, what worked in NVHM will not work in TVHM. :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Have completed first play-through with every character except Athena.....the shield is just not that sexy but I will probably slog through it ...she ran through the Veins of Helios pretty darn quickly.

Digi-Jack with the talent to spawn a bad-ass Jack is pretty awesome

Lady Hammerlock is hands down the best sniper talent in all 3 BL games I have finished
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Finished playthrough 1 with Athena, level 28 at the end.
Scraper wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm
Jaddison wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:47 pm after 12 utterly frustrating tries I took down that big friggin ship on the moon ...the ram jet or some such thing. I hate that thing and it cost me about $30k in rez money. Yay!
Yup, this was probably the most frustrating part of the entire game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Agreed. Though I'll re-iterate that I had the most luck using the jump pads and just bouncing back and forth. I never had much luck with the elevator. They would also seem to target me anyway. And with nowhere to really run or hide, I'd end up dying.

Black Lives Matter

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was actually thinking of reinstalling this the other day and giving it another try. I have loved every single Borderlands game but this spot has me stopped cold. It's the only one I haven't finished.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Caustic sniper rifle and a SMG to clear the door.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I realize this is the wrong thread, but I've been trying to get into BL2 again. It seems that I always give up not long after getting to Sanctuary. I must have tried 4 or 5 times since launch, when I pre-ordered. I'm so sick of the beginning of the game. The guns are just garbage (though I realize that's a necessary part of the power curve).

I don't understand how I loved the original so much at the time. I guess I just got way too big a dose of it, and there wasn't enough that was different in BL2. The zany, crass humour quickly went from refreshing to self-parody. BL2 is so beloved though... it seems most others only got tired of its schtick once The Pre-Sequel came around.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, that final fight was pure awful. The time I played (co-op), the DLC was saved for the end of the second playthrough. That meant that once that fight was over, we were done. So in the end was just hand-waved the rez fees and just tried to make sure that one person stayed alive, no matter what.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

About BL2. I have 294 hours played and like you Sudy I bounced off Sanctuary for quite a while. I think I broke through by finding the character that had the specialty/special power that gave me the best chance of survival. Even then I had a lot of frustration with the killer mutated flying things in the area where you meet Tiny Tina.....and then the boss fight after TT blows up the train. Once I finally made it past that frustration it was all pretty good.
I have since played through each character and had a lot of fun.

For that Pre-sequel fight...man that one was bad but I finally did learn that long range weapons with high fire rate are your friend. Never had a use for sniper rifles that fired like a machine gun until this fight.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 pm Finished playthrough 1 with Athena, level 28 at the end.
I'm on playthrough 2 and just made it back here. I died three times before quitting this evening.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:01 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 pm Finished playthrough 1 with Athena, level 28 at the end.
I'm on playthrough 2 and just made it back here. I died three times before quitting this evening.
I got nailed in the elevator by acid splash or some sort of splash damage. i found the key to that fight was to have a fast firing sniper rifle....the kind that kind of goes on auto and blast the crap out of that thing and use the ground troops as fight for your life fodder. Any slow firing weapon meant death for me.