Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stessier

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Post by stessier »

28 hours in and I think I'm nearing the end of the first playthrough. Been having a blast.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

This one took longer than the others to win me over but it grew on me and eventually I put more hours into it than I did the first one.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Have you tried any of the dlc? There's one that focuses on Claptrap - I thought it was more fun than the base game.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I would agree. The Claptastic Voyage was actually pretty fun, and had both good humor and shout-outs to fans of the earlier titles.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote:I would agree. The Claptastic Voyage was actually pretty fun, and had both good humor and shout-outs to fans of the earlier titles.
If I get the Claptastic Voyage and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 DLC, is there any need to get the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught as well?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

All this discussion motivated me to reinstall the game and give it another go. I played 36 hours the first time as Athena and burned out near the end, so I never finished it. Rather than continue the previous run-through I picked a new character, Claptrap, which is only fitting because...

I haven't played the game in more than two years, so I totally forgot the opening sequences. And it turns out that Claptrap doesn't need oxygen, so the dialogue has been altered to keep mentioning that in situations where in the previous run I'd have to worry about finding an O2 source.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: I decided to stick this here instead of creating a B3 thread this early

Borderlands 3 could have players travelling to planets other than Pandora
During Epic’s Unreal presentation at GDC, Gearbox Software showed off some rendering tech that “may be used in a future Gearbox game”. It’s Borderlands 3, quite clearly.

The tech showed off how the team will be creating the next-generation of Borderlands’ cel-shaded world, all with real-time shadows. Does that mean Borderlands 3 will have a dynamic time-of day system? Possibly.

Even more interestingly, Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford says the new tech can also simulate physics depending on the planet’s properties.

“It allows the scene to simulate in real-time,” says Pitchford. “As time of day changes, or, as, maybe conceivably we have different physics if we, for example, were to explore different planets. There might be different physics and the sun and the moons might be in different positions than what we’re used to on Pandora.”

There was also a character teased, as you can see in the image at the top of this page, but their face was always concealed, hinting that it’s perhaps a returning character.

Later on in the presentation, there was even a point where she was side-on and Pitchford teased that they had positioned the pauldron so we can’t see who it is. My guess? Not-so-Tiny Tina.

there is a 7 hour video embedded in the above link with a note to watch @ the 1 hour mark if you're interested

Borderlands 3 Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo - GDC 2017 <--- mr pitchford pitching B3's art style
Ain't nobody got time for that
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:20 pm 28 hours in and I think I'm nearing the end of the first playthrough. Been having a blast.
When I wrote this, I was at the Colonel Zarpedon battle with her in the battle suit. I thought it was near the end because I kept leading poor little Fragtrap into certain death. Eventually, I stopped to play other things. This weekend, I finally went back. It took an hour, but I finally beat her. Needless to say, this is not near the end of the game. (Well, maybe in a global sense, but certainly not in an "end credits roll" sense.)

I'm now in an artifact...I think. A whole lot of alien tech around. A few side missions have been irritating in just how far back they have sent me. Maybe just because I only had 6 hours to play and was thinking I would be able to finish. Anyway, once I remembered how to play (couldn't even remember how to open my inventory for a while) and recognized the level maps, it's been fun again.

One thing I still can't remember - is it possible to respec? And is there a way to buy more inventory slots? I know there was in BL2 but can't remember in this one. I have a whole lot of $M that I should probably spend on something (can't remember why I was saving it in the first place, but I have over 250). I still have to try the other characters too. It will be interesting how having to breathe changes the game.

Oh, and I'm on The Beginning of the End mission - which makes me think I may actually be near the end this time. ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Respec through the New-U stations.

Inventory upgrades are purchased at Crazy Earl's with moonstone.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

stessier wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am One thing I still can't remember - is it possible to respec? And is there a way to buy more inventory slots?
There is a Quick Change terminal in Concordia, just across from the front entrance to Moxxie's. You can respec and swap out skins there.
Enlarge Image

Upgrades are purchased from the Black Market, which is also in Concordia, to the left of the exit to Triton Flats.
Enlarge Image

Edit: Dammit Isgrimnur Blackhawk!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ahh, thanks guys. I knew that, but had completely forgotten. I should hop back before I get much deeper into the current level. My backpack is stuffed to overflowing and I'm having to leave behind a ton of stuff.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think I'm on the last guy, but the battle is stupid. How many times do you have to kill the same guy?? :grund:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ugh I picked that skill where Jack gives you a pep talk. I hate it..so annoying. I have to figure out how to respec now lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 pm Ugh I picked that skill where Jack gives you a pep talk. I hate it..so annoying. I have to figure out how to respec now lol.
Find a Quick Change station.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

TheMix wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 pm Ugh I picked that skill where Jack gives you a pep talk. I hate it..so annoying. I have to figure out how to respec now lol.
Find a Quick Change station.
I need to. Ive not seen one yet. I just got back from the crashed cruiser and the AI. I would have thought Id come across one long ago. Maybe theres one in the city Im missing.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

There is definitely one in the city. I think it's opposite the entrance to Moxxi's. There are a couple of vending machines, and just past them the Quick Change.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks. I bet I mistook it for another vending machine.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im using this talking shotgun in Borderlands Pre Sequel. Its damn annoying as hell. "I got a lady boner!" and reloads are like "Yaaa shove it in me!!" "Fill me up!"...but I cant find a better killing gun.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I may give up on this again. Im really far into it now...Ive disabled the laser and Im back on the moon. Think Im near the end. But Ive got to a point where I can barely damage enemies yet they can kill me in a couple shots. Really tired of it. Got no other players these days to help so Im stuck. I dont want to repeatedly run through areas Ive done hoping to gain exp and better weps. In fact Ive burned about 20 gold keys trying to get good weapons. Im using all purple ones but its not helping.
Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That's odd. What difficulty? You should be pretty easily trouncing stuff if you have guns that are even remotely close to your level. Heck, I used the laser that I got as a reward from Moxxi for a looooonnnnggggg time. That gun was awesome. Loved freezing mobs solid then flipping to a different gun to bust them into pieces.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Normal. I think Im lvl 23 or so. Im right at the last skill in the set. I noticed on the laser mission stuff was getting more difficult and I was dying a lot. Now I cant even proceed.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This kinda sucks. Im right outside the vault but Im about ready to delete it and say to hell with it. I can kill the guardians easy but theres a gunship flying around I cant dent.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 pm This kinda sucks. Im right outside the vault but Im about ready to delete it and say to hell with it. I can kill the guardians easy but theres a gunship flying around I cant dent.
Why don't you go back and finish side missions that you haven't completed yet. Maybe it will get you over the hump when you get back. Or you could try respecing.
FTE
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Gunship outside the vault? That doesn't ring a bell at all.

Why not just ignore the gunship and go in?

Black Lives Matter

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

No, I think he's right where I also said "meh" and stopped playing. There's a giant open area where guardian spawn in and a giant spaceship with missiles and lasers or missile lasers that flies around the map and strafes you. It's crap.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ahhhhhhh.... Right. I remember it now.

I've found that the best tactic is to use the two jump pads on opposite sides of the area. I jump to one side, shoot any guys right there, and take some shots at the ship, if it's in a good spot. Then jump to the other side. By jumping back and forth, I didn't have to deal too much with the guys that spawn it. And the ship can't target when you are flying through the air. The only real risk was staying too long on the ground. But, yeah, that one was a pain.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Shouldn't have sold that purple rocket launcher. I never use them. Doh.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Probably okay there. As I recall, trying to hit that prick with a rocket launcher is probably not going to be fun.

Black Lives Matter

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

TheMix wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 pm Ahhhhhhh.... Right. I remember it now.

I've found that the best tactic is to use the two jump pads on opposite sides of the area. I jump to one side, shoot any guys right there, and take some shots at the ship, if it's in a good spot. Then jump to the other side. By jumping back and forth, I didn't have to deal too much with the guys that spawn it. And the ship can't target when you are flying through the air. The only real risk was staying too long on the ground. But, yeah, that one was a pain.
I think this is one of the core reasons I didn't like the Pre-Sequel. They added this low-G hippity hop thing and apparently its a critical element for defeating this boss? I can say in the 10-15 attempts I tried to do so, it never occurred to me to jump around or that I wasn't able to be targeted while I was in the air. That kind of game design annoys the hell out of me.

The low-g combat thing in the game felt gimmicky from the get-go. I guess it's fun for some and I suppose if you enjoy it maybe it adds a bit more to the game play. But if it's truly required to beat a boss? F that nonsense.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I doubt it's required. There are some other spots that probably could be helpful for avoiding damage. But I found that it made things a bit easier since I didn't have to worry as much about the adds.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im think the oxygen thing annoyed me the most.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've finished it a couple of times. I actually enjoyed the mobility that came from the low-G double jump/ground pound. The characters were blah, and the story was blah, but the one thing I really hated was the artificially extended gameplay that came from constantly having you cross huge zones with no fast travel to talk to one guy, then cross an entirely different zone to kill one mob, then go back and cross the entire first zone again to turn it in. The amount of backtracking in that game was obscene.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive tried about 8 more times and only get the ship to 3/4 health lol. Is there a single player cheat for god mode? Im sick of this game and want done with it but I dont want to quit right at the end. I want to see the end. Otherwise Im taking my gun to my pc.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I can help you out this weekend, if you'd like.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

TheMix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:13 am I can help you out this weekend, if you'd like.
May do that. Ill keep chippin at it. i even used a supposed god mod file edit..nothing...and I dont trust exe trainers these days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I gave up and watched a video on the ending. I cant get that rare to spawn and get the aak aak booster that would allow me to kill the gunship easy and without it I cant do it even with legendary weps and the game on easy. Not sure why I am so bad at this. I ran the rare spawn 20-30 times and tries the merc gunship 15-20. Im tired of trying. I hate not finishing a game.

I even tried cheat codes and they didn't work. I dont want to download a trainer as they are always .exe files and almost always infected.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Not sure what to tell you. I don't know anything about that rare or that weapon. I've killed the ship 3 times now with different characters. I wish I could offer a secret weapon or strategy, but I just fight him until he's dead.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The ship would be fine. Missiles and lots of HP. Its all those spawning guardians that kill me and my clones.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

If you don't want to deal with jumping from pad to pad, you can also jump to the top of the building in middle. I believe that would keep you out of reach of most of the guardians.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nah they all fly up there then when Im downed they scatter and I have no one for a second wind. I die so easy and yet Im using a legendary shield I think. My clones are 1 point from max too. Not sure why its so difficult.