Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Video Games Randomness

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ah ok thank you. Hope it doesn't adversely affect something now.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:05 pm Can you turn off the STeam Overlay? In some games it opens a little box in the bottom right that hides some of my UI. Im tired of alt=tab to open fully then again to close it.
Yep, go here in Steam:

View > Settings > In-Game

Then uncheck "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" to disable it. You can also change the overlay shortcut key just below that check box.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:10 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 pm Finally finished the Company of Heroes Normandy campaign. It only took me seven years.
Causeway from Tales of Valor down. I hadn't really researched the expansions to know that it would be a short series of missions.
Tiger Ace done. One more ToV to do before moving to Opposing Forces.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:23 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 pm Finally finished the Company of Heroes Normandy campaign. It only took me seven years.
Causeway from Tales of Valor down. I hadn't really researched the expansions to know that it would be a short series of missions.
I'm redoing the campaigns myself. Normandy first. God I hate the rocket artillery in Hill 192 and the nebelwerfers in St. Lo. I captured all three of the rocket launchers in St. Lo and used them and my jeep recon to burn the Germans out of their defenses.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As did I. Nothing like not having to assault a position until after you’ve shelled it into rubble.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Falaise Pocket complete. ToV is done.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Never realized it until this current playthrough, but the background noises in Neverwinter Nights are absolutely horrifying.

The consistent loop of random screams of pain, people begging for help, and a lady pleading "please, please don't take my baby" are just nightmarish.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

When you download extras with GOGs client where do they go? Like wallpapers and videos? I clicked them and it appeared they installed someplace but theres no shortcut to them anywhere.

EDIT: I found them by clicking the little 'i' icon beside their entries. Funny when i checked the same folder earlier nothing was there.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

There's news that MLB The Show, Sony's licensed baseball game is making the jump to both Microsoft and Nintendo consoles. This is quite interesting seeing as it's a first-party game developed by one of Sony's internal studios. So, how this ends up being developed for other consoles could be interesting. Maybe they'll end up farming out the ports to third-parties.

That being said, the game is pretty great and unlike a lot of sports games out there. The 'Road to the Show' Mode plays more like an RPG where you create your own player, choose your role, and choose your favourite team, and is more focused on your particular character as he makes his way up the ladder to the professional league. That means unlike most baseball games where you're playing through the whole roster and inning by inning, you're only playing via your performances and don't exactly entail to full games.

https://kotaku.com/playstations-basebal ... 1840328526
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got Wing Commander 4 for a $1.50 on GoG and my joystick wouldn't work. Then after fiddling I got it to shoot but not move at all. Then I deleted it. Thats my limit these days on a game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/206406/the- ... ival-demos

Ripped from BluesNews

With The Game Awards set to stream tomorrow night, host Geoff Keighley writes on Medium of plans for The Game Festival, an event that will allow gamers to sample some of the games from the show for 48 hours this weekend through Steam. Here's word on the plan:

As part of the pilot Game Festival on Stream, more than a dozen games are scheduled to be playable. Some of the games that will release free, limited-time demos include:

System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)
Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)
Haven (The Game Bakers)
Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
The Drifter (Powerhoof)
CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)
SkateBIRD (Glass Bottom Games)

Alongside the Festival, Steam will air The Game Awards live in 4K Ultra High Definition, feature The Game Awards Sale, and offer Steam viewers the opportunity to win a Valve Index VR headset and free game drops throughout the live broadcast.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mobile version of Black Desert Online released this week. It's surprisingly fun and looks amazing, very similar to its PC counterpart. It's similar to some of the bigger Korean mobile MMO's, with lots of auto-pathing to quests, auto-battling, etc. That will likely turn some folks off, but I've been having a blast with it for the last couple days.

Doubt it'll have much staying power (I usually bow out of these once the grind really ramps up), but it's certainly worth a look.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Oooookay...

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's like they made a game to see if there were new and exciting ways to have me experience motion sickness.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That trailer suuuuuuuucked, but I'm super excited for the game. Dark Alliance was an absolute blast back in the PS2 days.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drizzt is a gray fomorian?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm That trailer suuuuuuuucked, but I'm super excited for the game. Dark Alliance was an absolute blast back in the PS2 days.
So... uhhh... is this a Vermintide knock off? That's the best I could come up with based on that trailer.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm That trailer suuuuuuuucked, but I'm super excited for the game. Dark Alliance was an absolute blast back in the PS2 days.
So... uhhh... is this a Vermintide knock off? That's the best I could come up with based on that trailer.
The original was a top-down, Diablo clone(ish), ARPG. Hoping they stick with the same for this one.

Those water ripple animations were incredible, at the time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Steam has a playable demo teaser for a remake of Gothic. If you own all three I think its in your library under the first one. Its to gauge interest in a remake of it. It looks great but I dont see anything wrong with the original as it was. I dont usually care for remakes not even System Shock.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Wow, In Flames used for a game trailer. Never thought I would see er... hear that.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Theres a couple things I always turn off in games...blur and depth of field. Well in this one I cant turn off blur or tessellation. My system in 2011. its a i7 2600k and 950gtx. I turned the game to medium as I refuse to go more and I lowered the stuff I couldn't turn off. Also I turned off hair whatever. I like the effect but it makes things way too jumpy floaty. even as is its bad and hard to play. Sigh.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Reminds me of the time I first tried to play Mass Effect. My system was within the proper specs but was baseline. Even with much of the things it allowed me to turn off via graphics options, I had to further tweak it by going into the config files to access some things that the menu didn't didn't allow for. It wasn't a great experience and it wasn't until I upgraded later that I replayed it the way it was meant to be played.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:47 pm Steam has a playable demo teaser for a remake of Gothic. If you own all three I think its in your library under the first one. Its to gauge interest in a remake of it.
ON IT

EDIT: graphics are certainly upgraded and movement controls are finally sane - still trying to get used to the combat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Controls are as shitty as they originally were. I dont feel like learning it all with the KB again. Deleted. Prefer the original.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:21 pm
Falaise Pocket complete. ToV is done.
Operation Market Garden down, only Liberation of Caen to go before CoH1 is done.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm still subscribing to Uplay+ and since Ghost Recon Breakpoint's newest update has been delayed till January, I've decided to give Far Cry New Dawn a whirl.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 pm I'm still subscribing to Uplay+ and since Ghost Recon Breakpoint's newest update has been delayed till January, I've decided to give Far Cry New Dawn a whirl.
Make sure you play Far Cry 5 first if you haven't. New Dawn isn't so much a tie-in as it is a direct continuation of the story.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:33 am
jztemple2 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 pm I'm still subscribing to Uplay+ and since Ghost Recon Breakpoint's newest update has been delayed till January, I've decided to give Far Cry New Dawn a whirl.
Make sure you play Far Cry 5 first if you haven't. New Dawn isn't so much a tie-in as it is a direct continuation of the story.
Thanks for the mention. I played FC5 but didn't finish it, but I'm not too hung up on the story stuff anyway.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Activision Blizzard paid $0 in taxes in 2018, took $228 million from tax payers
A new report from ITEP, which looks into income taxes for some of the largest companies in the world, has revealed that Activision Blizzard paid $0 in federal taxes in 2018.

The company had an effective tax rate of -51% in 2018, which lead to US Tax Payers having to pay $228 million to Activision Blizzard instead as a tax rebate.
These tax loopholes that many of the country’s largest companies are exploiting has lead to some of the biggest companies in the world avoiding federal income taxes in 2018. President Trump enacted new tax laws as well that led to businesses having reduced effective tax rates.

“This tax break allows companies to write off stock-option related expenses in excess of the cost they reported to shareholders and the public,” reports ITEP as the reason for these numbers.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Yup, I saw this. All perfectly legal. You can't blame Activision for having smart tax accountants :wink:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:54 pm
All perfectly legal.
There's always been a difference between moral and legal. I tend to favor moral, but know I can't win against legal that way. I can, however, not support immoral businesses.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm sure that it is pure coincidence that this happened on the same day that The Witcher premiered on Netflix.

CD PROJEKT S.A. Solidifies Relationship with Witcher Books Author Andrzej Sapkowski
CD PROJEKT, creators of “The Witcher” series of games and upcoming role-playing game “Cyberpunk 2077”, together with Andrzej Sapkowski, author of “The Witcher” books, would like to inform that today both parties signed an agreement further solidifying their relationship.

“We’ve always admired Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski’s works — a great inspiration for the team here at CD PROJEKT RED,” says Adam Kiciński, President and Joint CEO, CD PROJEKT. “I believe today marks a new stage in our continued relationship,” Kiciński concludes.

The agreement satisfies and fully clarifies the needs and expectations of both parties, past and present, and sets out a framework for the future cooperation between the two sides.

The agreement grants CD PROJEKT new rights, as well as confirms the company’s title to “The Witcher” intellectual property in video games, graphic novels, board games, and merchandise.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh, that's interesting, because as far as I know, the author was more than a little miffed at the studio as he felt cheated out of royalties. I can guess that maybe due to the series, they feel the games will get even more exposure, and that the author wants an adjustment to their earlier agreement. They've said that Witcher 3 would be the last game, but it almost sounds to me like they're open to making more.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

IIRC, CDP said that there will not be any more games featuring Geralt, but my impression has always been that they intend to make more games in the Witcher setting, as they have already done with Gwent and Thronebreaker.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I'm totally up for The Witcheress... The Witcher with Boobs... Ciri Gets Serious... The WitcHer... yeah, that's why I am not in marketing, though I think Witcher with Boobs would work!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Given whatever marketing logic led to name WitchER in the first place (assuming that's not some Polish thing), then I absolutely would not put it past real life to produce a badass female version name The Bitcher.
I have but one advocate.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

How did you discover my wife's nickname?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Porn movie The Licker....which happens to also be the name of a monster.