Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Paingod »

I watched the videos and am genuinely confused.
  • We heard you didn't like cops spawning behind you, so we made them spawn out 3x further.
  • We heard you thought driving was wonky, so instead of fixing that universally we'll give you a sensitivity slider.
  • We heard you felt it was too easy to get stuck on terrain while driving, so we gave you a way to wiggle your car free.
  • We heard you didn't like WASD or Arrow keys, so you can remap that now!
Is it so hard to put cops in cars or helicopters and spawn them in, making them seem to "arrive on the scene" rather than to have had the entire police force just hiding off screen? It's okay for some cars to handle a little sloppy if there are others that are tight; fiddling with the sensitivity each time I get into a different model car isn't fun. Why not just make it a little harder to get stuck on terrain? How many driving games have there been that have figured this out?

It feels like they're hearing people, but not sure how to address it completely.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im playing GTA V Online again and all the cars sound and control different....then there are bikes and motorcycles and go carts and flying things.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That's the problem with releasing game elements that mimic elements in other games. The comparison is inevitable, and the response is always bad if you're not "at least as good"

I know Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a "driving" game as much as Grand Theft Auto is, but you still drive a LOT and it can be painful when the quality of it is on display for too long.
Black Lives Matter

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

My biggest complaint about the driving is how often I miss turns and have to U-turn. Just give me a navigation overlay on the roads, or zoom out the GPS map, and I'll be happy.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:50 am My biggest complaint about the driving is how often I miss turns and have to U-turn. Just give me a navigation overlay on the roads, or zoom out the GPS map, and I'll be happy.
Yeah zooming the minimap out at speeds would save a LOT of headaches. Big arrows on the HUD would be fine too. Hell, gimme a nav implant. :P

I am still waiting for something more before I play it again. I am aching to throw my new system at it, but I want it fixed/better/expanded first.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:57 am
wonderpug wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:50 am My biggest complaint about the driving is how often I miss turns and have to U-turn. Just give me a navigation overlay on the roads, or zoom out the GPS map, and I'll be happy.
Yeah zooming the minimap out at speeds would save a LOT of headaches. Big arrows on the HUD would be fine too. Hell, gimme a nav implant. :P

I am still waiting for something more before I play it again. I am aching to throw my new system at it, but I want it fixed/better/expanded first.
Yeah, I'm also just in waiting mode. Although at this point I'm expecting I'll end up waiting for it to be updated for PS5/SeriesX, and then tack on another 4 months after that for the inevitable next-gen version bugs to be patched out. :?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm also in waiting mode. I'm not really planning more than that until fall at the earliest.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

They do have a mod for that on Nexus. It does use the Nexus vortex installer so it's easy to install. Works great! No more missed turns.Been out since Dec 31st.
Finally a better minimap, the default one is utter trash isn't it? Please let me know of you find bugs or if you have suggestions!

Options:
Bigger Minimap
Transparent Minimap
No Minimap Border
Compass Only Mode

Zoom options (Most zoomed-in => Most zoomed out):
Low
Normal
High
Ultra
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/634
Last edited by UsulofDoom on Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lead designer leaving.

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

UsulofDoom wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:40 am
They do have a mode for that on Nexus. It does use the Nexus vortex installer so it's easy to install. Works great! No more missed turns.Been out since Dec 31st.
I’ve got a console version, so no Nexus for me.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:42 amLead designer leaving.
I expect that since the absolute clusterf**k at launch, there's been more than a little tension in the air over there in just about every department. The execs seemed to take it as their fault and not dump it on the devs, but I expect shit still rolled downhill as it always does.
Black Lives Matter

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Patch Notes are up.

Y'all be safe and don't try to slide to avoid fall damage anymore, okay? If you read that, you can scroll for like 3 minutes to get to the bottom and it finishes with "And many more." - it seems that they've made a LOT of small fixes to a LOT of things. Updated driving and getting unstuck were just the highlights.

I like that they added 20% to the Gorilla Arms damage, but I was already kicking everything's ass with those. It's how I got through the boxing side quests.
Black Lives Matter

Jag

Post by Jag »

This worth giving a go on PC yet? Bought it at release, but shelved it waiting for the right patch. Haven't been following the progress though.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I never had substantial issues with the game, so a patch that mostly seems to tighten the bolts on a thousand small elements might not even be noticed by me. I enjoyed the game and can't actually remember why I stopped playing... though if I recall, I had hit a point where combat was basically moot as I could walk through every fight without a sweat and had to work to find challenges in it. When the challenge evaporates, the fun kind of does too. As a result, I think I started to try to break the game with different bugs I heard about or found just because it was funny, and something about that kind of spoiled the immersion aspects for me a bit. One of the last things I clearly remember doing was calling/spawning cars at an intersection and getting them to spawn inside each other, then blowing them up - resulting in explosions that would send them flying hundreds of meters sometimes.

I think a big problem the game had (aside from bugs and performance issues) was including a LOT of driving content, but not being anywhere near as good as GTA in the driving department. It looks like they've tried to address that a little. Spawning cops 3x further out than they used to is a band-aid as well. Comparisons to GTA are unavoidable, and I felt that game did police spawn and pursuit (mostly) wonderfully. Having police appear inside the room with you was pretty immersion-breaking.

When you go into Cyberpunk 2077, you shouldn't be looking for a GTA experience. You need to be there for the stories, which are abundant and great. And the atmosphere, which is also great.
Black Lives Matter

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Jag wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:46 am This worth giving a go on PC yet? Bought it at release, but shelved it waiting for the right patch. Haven't been following the progress though.
Hard to judge as I thought it was worth a go AT release. I played through the whole thing when it came out and was only impacted by a few minor things. On the other hand, I am still waiting for more patches before it is worth ANOTHER run. On the plus side I am excited to do it all over again so something must have been right about that first pass. :)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Jag wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:46 am This worth giving a go on PC yet? Bought it at release, but shelved it waiting for the right patch. Haven't been following the progress though.
FWIW, the PC version is the most bug-free out of all of them.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Patch is on STEAM - it's ~29 GB (!)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:25 am
Hard to judge as I thought it was worth a go AT release. I played through the whole thing when it came out and was only impacted by a few minor things. On the other hand, I am still waiting for more patches before it is worth ANOTHER run. On the plus side I am excited to do it all over again so something must have been right about that first pass. :)
Yeah, this.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm waiting, despite putting a couple of weeks into at release. I loved it, and I didn't hit any issues that weren't baked in (performance, balance issues, etc), but I was early enough in my run, and there were enough potential issues that had a chance of ruining my experience that I just decided that instead of worrying about it I'd rather just play something else and come back when it is polished. It can be the difference between playing a good game and a great game.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Still buggy. I've seen gun turrets disappear and reappear. Shadow problems where the shadows look like planks of wood move around. When the shadow hits the npcs they look like dark green aliens.

My character would stop moving forward and only backwards causing me to fall down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Based on what I’ve read, I’m going to let this bake for another 6 -9 months before I pick it up.

Hopefully will also have a gfx card that can run it at or near ultra settings by then.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

On the fence here. I got this as a Christmas gift but wanted to finish playing through AC Valhalla, which took freaking forever. And by the time I finished with Valhalla, the reports about how bad Cyperpunk was - even on an XBOX Series X - scared me off and had me deciding to wait for significant patching. Now I'm about to finish up what I'm playing now (the excellent Plague Tales: Innocence) and thinking about my next game. Should I give Cyberpunk a go or continue to wait, maybe even for promised full-on next gen console patch?

Seems like the verdict is mixed.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

To simplify the answer in a way that I think most people would agree with:

It's a good game and if you play it now you'll experience a good game.

If you wait, you will still get a good game, but you may get a great game.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It depends on your excitement vs tolerance level. If you demand perfection or even reasonable, keep waiting. If you are ok with goofy shit happening or your interest may outweigh the negatives, go for it.

I finished it on a decent PC at release with two major issues that required reloading a save and and a few things that annoyed and a shit-ton of things that I noticed but didn't really stop me from enjoying the game. Having the first play-through behind me, I'm now waiting for the totally fixed version with additional content before I go back as I don't have that initial excitement to smooth out the bumps that I did the first time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:30 pm It depends on your excitement vs tolerance level. If you demand perfection or even reasonable, keep waiting. If you are ok with goofy shit happening or your interest may outweigh the negatives, go for it.

I finished it on a decent PC at release with two major issues that required reloading a save and and a few things that annoyed and a shit-ton of things that I noticed but didn't really stop me from enjoying the game. Having the first play-through behind me, I'm now waiting for the totally fixed version with additional content before I go back as I don't have that initial excitement to smooth out the bumps that I did the first time.
For me it was almost playable enough for me to be fine, but apparently I got the buggiest version (PS5) and I started getting crash-to-desktops at annoying times just a bit too often to want to play. Mentally, it's now like I bought it early access, tried it out, and then decided to wait for the full release to play any further (i.e., when the next-gen console updates come out).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Reinstalled. On click of desktop launch icon I get redlauncher has failed...I wait and the game tries to fire up anyways only to insta crash with Whoa! Cyberpunk has flatlined.

Well duh. Delete again.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Decided to finally fire this up and give it a try. Character creation was . . . interesting. Don't think I've ever been asked to specify genitals (type, size and grooming) in a game before. That was new.

I've only spent 30 minutes in the game so far. My initial take: Night City is pretty amazing. Really impressed with the environments so far. On the other hand, far from next-gen, the character models seem really janky and crude. Last three games I played were Plague Tales: Innocence, The Medium, and AC: Valhalla, and the graphics and character modeling on those games seemed light years ahead of Cyberpunk 2077. Strange.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC
This was probably the "worst" bug I encountered in the time I played. I came upon the scene of this mission from the rooftops behind it, meaning I started finding and scanning things backwards from the alley entrance. I spent a good 15 minutes scouring the area for something I missed before reloading an earlier save and returning to the same spot - and working from the alley instead of the rooftops. That triggered events as expected.
Black Lives Matter

Jag

Post by Jag »

Finished the game. It was ok, but definitely underwhelmed. Got alot of bugs where I had to reload to an earlier save. I was ready to be done with it even though I still had a ton of sidequests. I just didn't care anymore.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kurth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:33 pm Decided to finally fire this up and give it a try. Character creation was . . . interesting. Don't think I've ever been asked to specify genitals (type, size and grooming) in a game before. That was new.
May I show you a whole world of gaming?
Covfefe!
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 am
Kurth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:33 pm Decided to finally fire this up and give it a try. Character creation was . . . interesting. Don't think I've ever been asked to specify genitals (type, size and grooming) in a game before. That was new.
May I show you a whole world of gaming?
Thanks, but, no. You may not. :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In Conan, your genital slider also acts as a difficulty setting for the game.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:40 pm In Conan, your genital slider also acts as a difficulty setting for the game.
It only seems that way because with your preferred settings you keep tripping over it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

As a rule of thumb, if I ever have the option for all the way to the right, i'm going to go with all the way to the right.
Covfefe!
Carpet_pissr

Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I assume every reference above to in-game cock customization is a joke. Please tell me you’re all joking.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 pm I assume every reference above to in-game cock customization is a joke. Please tell me you’re all joking.
Wait...are you saying you don't use the horse testicles in Red Dead Redemption 2 to monitor the temperature?

Cyberpunk needs to add their own temperature mod, I think.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

have not seen it this cheap before...

https://slickdeals.net/f/15143368-cyber ... x-pc-17-99