Stalker Call of Pripyat - MODS?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Stalker Call of Pripyat - MODS?

Post by Daehawk »

Is there a good place for good CoP mods? Im looking for stuff like graphics and sound mods. I dont care for quests, areas, or the like. Anything that makes the game more interesting. Ive come across a complete mod and a mod that adds more campfire music playing.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Re: Stalker Call of Pripyat - MODS?

Post by TheMix »

I just used the Complete mod myself. Nothing additional. I don't recall anything that I'd wish I'd modded. I never felt the need to mod the STALKER games. I went with the Complete mod mostly to get the graphics enhancements.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

ya I was wondering if the graphics stuff in that mod are the best ones to get.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I do have Complete for CoP but I haven't messed around with it yet. I have a lot of experience with the Complete mod for SoC though and I don't play without it (at least until Lost Alpha finally comes out (which it never will)).

In the past I've used...

Green Zone - Makes the game less brown and more green, which makes it looks much nicer as a result.
Absolute Nature - Greatly improves on the original textures; especially if you're still using Windows 32-bit like me and can't set the texture resolution to the highest setting.
AtmosFear - Improves the weather system in the game.
Better Flashlight ++ - A better flashlight.
CoP High Quality Maps - Again, if you don't have a 64-bit system, this mod will give you the same quality PDA maps.
Real Gun Names - Changes the gun names to their real-life counterparts.
Correct Ironsights Alignment - This mod correctly aligns the iron sights in the game (they're a bit off by default).
FOV Switcher 1.7 - Allows you to customize the FOV (which is narrow as hell by default).

I'm sure some of these are made redundant if you're using the Complete mod which I plan on trying out shortly.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I think a number of those are included in the Complete mod. You'd definitely want to check Complete to see what it includes.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok now we're cooking with gas. I guess the complete mod is my first stop after all. looks like Ill be able to get it installed and mod'd by tonight.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just looking at the Complete Mod stuff I dont see anything from that list being used other than Atmosfear. Should I just downlaod other stuff I like / want and overwrite the complete mod or what? Maybe add them first then install the complete mod? Im interested in greenzone, high quality maps, and such.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hmmm...

I'd swear I had the Real Gun names at least. Oh well. I don't pay much attention to the names anyway. :)

And I thought Complete did some tweaking to iron sights too. Again, could be wrong.

I never had an issue with the colors, so Green Zone doesn't really appeal to me. I did try something like that VERY briefly for Fallout 3 and hated it.

In fact, my memory may be confusing my mod hunt for Fallout 3 with the STALKER games.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I installed the game and it was fine. I then installed Complete, Atmosfear 3, and a memory addresser and it wont start now. Going to have to start over and ill leave out the memory thing and see.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Does anyone know the version of Atmosfear in the Complete mod? That would help and save me from having to install it again over the top of Complete. The latest release says Atmosfear 3...that is why I grabbed it and installed it over the Complete mod because I was afraid it did not include the latest one....and i cant find the info on which one it has in it.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I dunno but Atmosfear's moddb page states that it is not compatible with the Complete mod, so that may be the source of your frustration.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Strange that its included with it. Ehhi just installed the Complete Mod and called it done. I cannot get my sound card to work with it now. It works ok with generic sound driver but not my sound card. So guess thats that on sound.

Started off bad. Came upon the first guy and could not remember / find my holster weapon key. Accidentally tossed my gun on the ground and he scooped it up . Shot him in the face to get it back and his buddy blasted me. SO next time I run it i gotta start over. :)

I cant even find the key listed in binds for holster weapon.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

To holster the weapon you can just press its number again (1 if you've got the knife out, etc) or you can pull the bolt or binoculars out.

Stick to it Daehawk, stick to it!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive come back to this again. Thinking of reinstalling this and Rage. maybe even Metro. I guess Ill try the mods already listed. Last time i used something that redid the whole game to look nice but it was totally unstable and would crash left and right.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

BooTx wrote:I dunno but Atmosfear's moddb page states that it is not compatible with the Complete mod, so that may be the source of your frustration.
Im pretty sure Atmosphere comes as part of the Complete mod.

About to reinstall and find a good mod so Ill see.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I grabbed some mods and reinstalled the game. I started it up so it could create any files or folders it needed BEFORE Ive even added any mods and it keeps hanging. Remember Ive not put any mods in yet. I start the game and its at the menu screen and my pointer wont move and I cant cange the highlighted setting even with the keyboard. its like it is locked up. So I alt tab out of it then return and for about 2 seconds my mouse and all work then it relocks...alt tab and back and it works again..for 2 seconds. Not sure whats going on.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Reboot solved that. Now to install the mods and pray. I only have the Complete mod and its 3 gig memory fix and a mod that adds more campfire music.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Dae,

Did you see http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10 ... isery-mod/?

I'm sorely tempted to give this a shot. Sounds brutal.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That sounds like something a masochist would love :) I had enough trouble with the normal game. I'd never get further than the beached boat if I used that.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:lol:

Did you read part 2 where he actually played? And died... and died again... and died again... :)

That said, he was using some pretty harsh settings. It sounds like you could dial it down some to make survival a bit more likely. I've been getting the itch, so maybe. Although, I am in the middle of so many other games right now... Though none of the others are FPS's.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Getting that urge again.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I get that urge often. Though I haven't been listening lately. Maybe Fallout 4 scratched the itch for a while.

And I did end up playing through MISERY. It was everything the name advertised. At least until I had good gear. I don't think I'd ever do it again. It was too much of a pain.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Reading this thread again I got a good laugh at where I fired it up and the first guy I see I tossed my gun on to the ground and he grabbed it..LOL me of the past.

Also it appears MISERY is lately updated and they are working on a huge new update after that too. I 'may' have to give it a try.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I died. A LOT. OFTEN. Like, right out the gate. I believe it was one of the invisible mo@#$%-fu@#$%^s. Ugh.

Basically, you need to save all the time. Every time you are "safe". But you want to wait 10-15 seconds before you save. To make sure that you aren't actually about to get jumped from behind.

Also, if you do try it, I'd strongly recommend against going too dark on the nights. That was a bad idea. Or, at least, if you do try to make the nights darker, MAKE SURE that you are back to 'base' before nightfall. More than once I was over loaded with loot (because I can't help myself) and walking (oh so slowly) back to base, when night fell. And I couldn't see a damn thing. So I'd just crouch, listen for warning sounds, and slowly creep towards the base. I believe one time I probably spent over an hour doing that. Apparently I'm a glutton for punishment.

Later, when you get better gear, I think there were night vision goggles that made it easier.

There are people that play MISERY over and over again. And play the hardest start, where you only get a knife to begin with. IMO, those people are insane. :D

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Before I start modding this bad boy...its been a while...is there anything special to know since its the Steam version? I 'think' last time I mod'd it and played it was the dvd version...not sure though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Ive spent over an hour with both the Complete mod and Misery mod pages opened side by side reading all their content and what they do. Both have points good and bad. In the end it came down to Misery makes it crazy hard and Complete can make it too easy. Given the two I am going with Complete because I can turn up the difficulty with Complete to compensate but theres not a lot to do with Misery since its all built in to it.

It would be nice if I could pick and choose all the settings and mods in each one and have someone make a new mod pack for me..like Daehawk's Chosen: a mod pack for the rest of us. :)

So Im going with Complete again and Im installing two other mods...the 3gb memory mod to make the game large address aware since it was made for 32 bit systems and the mod will make it more stable and also the flashlight mod. Instead of getting a dim 20m light it should give me a 80m light. Shall see.

I really don't think Ill need any other mods and Complete...and Misery if I did use it...have all the other mods I should need inside of them..like Atmosphear , structures, nature, sounds, weapons,sounds,and names and music ..you name it.

The largeaddressaware mod is in and the game still runs. Will check after each install.

OH! I always use a weight mod...either a mod or Ill edit the files like I normally do. I seem to recall last time having some problem after the weight adjustment..just cant remember what it was. Hope to avoid that this time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wanted to post the header pictures for both mods....

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Complete lets me choose what to do with NPCs caught out in a emission when I install it. Cant decide to either kill them or turn them into zombies. The base game kills them. But zombies sounds cool because I would have more stuff to shoot at :) Though it may get me killed a lot thinking they are regular NPCs and go up and get myself shot by zombies.

SIGH....Im bad at decision making..always have been. I guess Ill just have them die. That way I can loot them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok the game works and looks great. Seems stable for now too. I raised my inv weight from 60 to 150. If thats not enough Ill raise it more later. The last decision was difficulty. I think it was a tad easy last go at it so this time I went one higher than stalker and set it to veteran. I think if its too tough I can change it and not have to start over.

These are the guys you meet right at the start.
Enlarge Image

Here is the view from the starting hill looking at the boat with the artifact wheel.
Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh come on game! Dont make me do this!! A controller or something mutant made me drop my nice rifle. I didn't notice and killed him with my shotgun. Then I ran into a stalker entering the same cave and traded with him and left. Thats when I noticed my assault rifle was gone. I walk back in to pick it up and its not there...uh oh. I bet that stalker picked it up...I look at him and yep he is actually using my rifle now. I cant trade for it since he has it equipped. If I want it Im forced to kill him for it. I hate to do it but I have it upgraded. UGH. Not sure to just forget it and move on..got dozens of guns..but I spent money on that one. Wonder if I get shot by the next stalker if I kill him to get my rifle back??

Whats worse is its a guy I saved earlier in the game and he still thanks me when I talk to him. :(

EDIT: I let him keep it ...for now :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This was after an emissions blowout. Found it beautiful.

Enlarge Image

And this is what happens when you are careless.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont upgrade a wep unless I plan to keep it a while. I got the Eliminator shotgun so Ill keep it forever probably. Assault rifles are a bit tougher. I really have been wanting that G37 because I love the G36 in other games. I finally get it and it has this huge scope sticking up on top of it blocking part of the game world. Now Im not sure I want it that bad lol. trying to decide now on another assault rifle to work to get.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive narrowed it to 2 choices for assault rifle.

GP37

Tunder S14
Enlarge Image

I like both of their power and accuracy and their looks. But I dont like either of them in first person view..especially when Im aiming.

A distant 3rd choice would be a simple AK/74 and upgrade it. Supposed to be highly reliable with nice power.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

You're talking to yourself again ;).
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:You're talking to yourself again ;).
Hi self! You're answering me now?? How cool self. So how are you? :)

Im still eyeing the G37 but I think I may have found a better rifle..or at least as good and the scope doesn't block half the screen. Its Strelok's own SGI- 5k Arrow.. . Looks a bit like a FN FAL or something. I added a scope and suppressor onto it. Still looks really nice and is very powerful. Its a rare rifle . Well rare as in only 1 of them. I will need to find a under barrel grenade launcher too. Im loving it though. Saves me spending 20,000 on the G37.

Streloks assault rifle
Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now Im wondering about my shotgun. I could have sworn it was named the Eliminator when i bought it. Now it just says Armsel Protecta like all the others of its kind. Either theres a bug that renamed it or I accidentally sold or lost it and replaced it with a looted one and just now noticed.

I guess the only real way to know if go to Nimble and try buying it again. Its random which he gives you so I may be stuck a while lol...or since I bought it he may never sell it again.

Or maybe this is it and it was never named Eliminator.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Google it.

I'm sure that there is info out there on exactly what Nimble sells. I know because I've looked it up previously.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Another after emission sky .....

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

FINISHED!

Now all I lack is Clear Sky. I cant recall why I quit that one before finishing. Least I think I did.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thinking of replaying it yet again. Not installed yet because Im yet again thinking of which mod to use. I always use Complete but not sure I want to do it yet again. Thinking Misery too but I hate having to sleep and eat and such. I wouldn't mind a tougher AI though. And last is Anomaly. Dont know anything about it yet other than it looks pretty from the video I watched.