3DS Release Date Leak

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lordnine

3DS Release Date Leak

Post by Lordnine »

Just saw this in google news. May not be true but I'm hopeful.
If accessory designers are to be believed, Japanese fans awaiting Nintendo's 3DS may see a November launch.
TiLT

Re: 3DS Release Date Leak

Post by TiLT »

That's really nothing new. It's been stated multiple times that they expect to release the console in Japan this year, and Europe and USA next year.
Insert witty comment here.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

....and the 3DS is discontinued.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/17/2144 ... otal-sales

I actually really liked my 3DS. I never had a problem with the 3D. I thought Super Mario 3D Land was one of the best games I'd ever played, and there was a LOT of quality games put out for it. I'll miss the little guy.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i got a few good hours out of the DS... can't say the same about the 3DS. tho i did get mine second-hand from someone on here (i think it was skinnypuppy??) and i think i have many (most?) of the decent physical-release games for it. i should buy into the Switch but i'm just kinda ehhhhh on it - my gaming hours have decreased significantly over the past decade in the attempt to do other things with my life. (on the upside, i'm getting a crazy amount of reading of the old classics accomplished)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It had a great run. Ten years if you consider the different models to be one system. Even longer if you include the original DS as a stretch.

I never got a 3DS, though I had a good time with it whenever I visited my little sister and checked hers out. The reality is that any time I have for mobile gaming, I'd just be using my phone these days. You can mobile game when not on the go, sure. And some titles/situations warrant it... I played a lot of DS at a time when there were limited screens where I was living. But these days I don't share my PC with anyone, and there are a billion good games that I already don't have enough time to play on that platform.

Definitely have fond memories of the DS though... I bought mine from someone here as well, and was able to catch up on a lot of the good GBA titles. I only have a little experience with the Switch and I know it's designed to be portable, but it still feels a little cumbersome in contrast to these form factors, and a little too valuable/fragile. Maybe my opinion would change if I spent more time with one though. It's definitely the best implentation of the unification of home and mobile consoles so far, and is something worth striving for by pro-consumer hardware developers. (Which I think Nintendo generally is in terms of their hardware. In terms of their online content systems and copyright management, no--definitely not.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Eel Snave wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:39 pm I actually really liked my 3DS. I never had a problem with the 3D.
I liked the 3DS, but always turned the 3D feature off.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm was probably my favorite game on the system.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.