Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek IX

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek IX

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

After turning around will I be able to move to 2821 to take a shot at the Wolverine with my SRMs and Med lasers? If I can deal with the heat I’ll add my Lg lasers to the mix as well. Would be nice to take the shot from the woods in 2721 but I don’t think I’ll have enough MPs to do that...or do I? :think:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Run to 3310.
Fire all lasers at Vedette @ 3208. Kick Saracen.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 pm After turning around will I be able to move to 2821 to take a shot at the Wolverine with my SRMs and Med lasers? If I can deal with the heat I’ll add my Lg lasers to the mix as well. Would be nice to take the shot from the woods in 2721 but I don’t think I’ll have enough MPs to do that...or do I? :think:
Best you can do is 2822 facing north (back up two hexes, turn right two).

Minimum path to 2823 requires 7MP, which you don't have (2721 is even worse 'cause of the woods).
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turn around, walk to 2825, fire at the Hatchetman's back in 2919. Figure gbasden can focus on the downed Warhammer while I hopefully help out around the vehicles.

Also, are the vehicles taking evasive action? I assume we should be telling them to move away from the enemy.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also I don't think that the APC should count against us, seeing as how it destroyed itself.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 pm Turn around, walk to 2825, fire at the Hatchetman's back in 2919.
lol
El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:58 pm Also I don't think that the APC should count against us, seeing as how it destroyed itself.
For the purposes of contract fulfillment, nobody's going to blame us for that one, but we still need to get a majority of the convoy to its destination intact.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 pm Turn around, walk to 2825, fire at the Hatchetman's back in 2919.
LOL. "Live fire accident", eh? :roll:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Leraje wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:08 pm
LOL. "Live fire accident", eh? :roll:
Goddamnit, I could've sworn that mech was on the hostiles list.

I don't think there are any targets up north that make sense, so instead I'll stay still and fire at the Warhammer.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Report to my office when we return, MSgt.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm
$iljanus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 pm After turning around will I be able to move to 2821 to take a shot at the Wolverine with my SRMs and Med lasers? If I can deal with the heat I’ll add my Lg lasers to the mix as well. Would be nice to take the shot from the woods in 2721 but I don’t think I’ll have enough MPs to do that...or do I? :think:
Best you can do is 2822 facing north (back up two hexes, turn right two).

Minimum path to 2823 requires 7MP, which you don't have (2721 is even worse 'cause of the woods).
I may be lumbering on the outside but I’m a graceful gazelle at heart. Make it so. I’ll waddle up to 2822. If I can fire anything when I get there, great. If not I’ll bide my time.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

If the Warhammer is down, does it still get to move after us?
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

3207. Targets in priority - Saracen, Vedette, Wolverine
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 pm If the Warhammer is down, does it still get to move after us?
Yes, but not very far: getting up costs two MP (with a free facing change), so he'll be moving at most 4 hexes away.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'll back up to 4230 and hope he's targetable.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje and Stefan move to finish off the last two tanks. Leraje's lasers take out the Vedette as it struggles to rotate its turret around. Stefan scores a laser hit on the Saracen but the nimble hovertank avoids most of the incoming fire. What it doesn't avoid is Leraje putting the Guillotine's foot through the left side.

Isgrimnur and the Wolverine exchange autocannon fire, Isgrimnur's weapon briefly stitching a line across the Wolverine's back. Job accomplished though, it didn't take out any of the scattering convoy vehicles. The Wolverine runs clear of Siljanus' field of fire, leaving our mechwarrior with little recourse but to flip the Stalker's arms backwards and zap some infantry running towards El Guapo's Marauder. Infantry flitting through the woods are hard to kill in large numbers with non-dedicated weapons, but every time you hit one, there's not much that infantry armor can do against a mech's laser.

El Guapo takes aim at the Warhammer as it struggles to get up, nailing it with a PPC shot and a gauss slug, as well as a laser, gouging chunks of armor. Gbasden takes a laser to the left torso from the enemy mech, but then blows its right PPC off with the Awesome's weapons. The Awesome's cockpit heats up quite a bit, but the damage inflicted was worth it. Somehow, the Warhammer's operator manages to keep the mech upright.

The liaison and the retreating tanks to the southwest take some ineffective parting shots at each other as they disengage. The Wolverine fires his jumps up and moves to withdraw to the north, while the Warhammer leaves his arm behind and crashes through the woods to the south. The flamer infantry disperse into the woods as well.
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
MegaMek save

Raw data:
Spoiler:
Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 5 [7 (Base piloting skill) - 2 (careful stand) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 9 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is (6+1) = 7; Machine Gun malfunctions.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to FR.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 5; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits TU (critical)
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 6 damage to TU (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is (2+1) = 3; no effect.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is (8+1) = 9;Critical hit on AC/5.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #4 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Machine Gun at Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3RXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 3, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) RT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 12.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            6 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 15 damage to LT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) HD
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to HD.
            7 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) "Sherrybe Béltre" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) "Sherrybe Béltre" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 3 : successful!

Weapons fire for Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            6 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 6 at Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RL
        Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL.
            11 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

AC/10 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) CTR
        Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to CTR.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    ER PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 2, rolls 6 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RL.
            4 Armor remaining.

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        1 damage transfers to RT.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    PPC at Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits LT
        Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            19 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    LRM 5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) #2 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) #2 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    LRM 5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

LRM 10 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            16 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            15 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 4 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
        Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            27 men alive

Medium Laser at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon (treated as Ballistic Cluster due to MOS) against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 2
        Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            25 men alive

Medium Laser at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon (treated as Pulse due to MOS) against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 3
        Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to MEN.
            22 men alive

LRM 10 at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 11 : 10 missile(s) hits (using Rear table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 10 to 2
        Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            20 men alive

LRM 10 at Foot Platoon (Flamer) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (60+ damage).
The base target is 7 [7 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (7 (Base piloting skill) + 3 (60+ damage)); needs 10, rolls 12 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits (using Random Side table) LS
        Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 14 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 8; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 36 heat, sinks 33 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Marauder MAD-3RXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Uni ATAE-70 CargoMech (Standard) (Free Rasalhague Republic Convoy) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) gains 10 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Objective update:
Vedette #4 destroyed (Leraje)
Saracen destroyed (Leraje, assist by Stefan)
Warhammer, Wolverine withdrawing

It looks like it's over (unless we want to pursue the retreating mechs).
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I think we'll declare this mission accomplished. I'll post the write-up in the main thread when it's done.

Kill Board:
Stefan - 1 kill (Saladin), 3 assists
Gbasden - 4 kills (Saladin, Vedette x3), 1 assist
Isgrimnur - 4 kills (Vedette x4), 1 assist
El Guapo - 1 kill (Hunter), 1 assist
Siljanus - 1 kill (Maxim)
Leraje - 3 kills (Vedette x2, Saracen), 1 assist
Black Lives Matter
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Thank nick!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lucky for that Wolverine it bugged out when it did before it came into my weapons range! :lol:

And thanks for all the work!
Black lives matter!

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Thanks much! That's always fun.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Thank you, sir!
Black Lives Matter.