BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:Since Helo still hasn't come forward I think we can safely assume all our specials are dead and this will be a very, VERY hard game to win.

I think we'll need to gamble somewhere and I guess start by lynching one of the Athenas...
Remus and Triggercut still haven't posted.
I did so. I asked LM about his boom statement. I'm not certain regarding Grund's claim. I do not believe RMC's. I suggest that if Helo lives he shoots Unagi as the others came forward voluntarily while he was forced into making a claim. That suggests to me they have a lower chance of going boom. I'm in a conference all day so have not parsed through everything as yet.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi, since we are entertaining all these Athena claimants, what was your scan last night?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote: I am also a Cylon, but the good kind. :)
You know what the good kind of cylon is right?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So Trig and Unagi are the only two that have not posted.

Remus has a point, Unagi, who did you scan last night.

Trig, please be Helo so we can shoot a cylon in the face.

If we don't have a Helo, I'm thinking we will want to lynch Unagi today and leave night to take care of Athena problem.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't think Night is going to solve anything. I'm betting we will be lynching all 3.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ahhhhh, we CAN'T lynch all 3. One is Doral. If we lynch them all and one is real, we lose.

Fabulous.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:I don't think Night is going to solve anything. I'm betting we will be lynching all 3.
bb elbows Stess in the stomach. "No, no, those nasty cylons will want to kill Athena tonight. They don't want another scan to be make public."
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:I don't think Night is going to solve anything. I'm betting we will be lynching all 3.
Sure looks that way , we cannot trust any of them and even IF one of them is telling the truth he'd still come back a Cylon.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:Ahhhhh, we CAN'T lynch all 3. One is Doral. If we lynch them all and one is real, we lose.

Fabulous.
There are 10 Players.

Either Grund or RMC are the real Athena:
Start:
CCCC-HHHHHR
Today: Lynch Unagi Cylon
CCC-HHHHHR
Tonight: Night Kill
CCC-HHHHH
Tomorrow: Lynch Non-Athena Cylon who is Doral (Boom)
CC-HHHH
Tomorrow Night: Night Kill
CC-HHH
Day After Tomorrow: Lynch Athena
CC-HH
Loss

If both Grund and RMC are bad cylons trying to psych us out:
Start:
CCCC-HHHHHR
Today: Lynch Unagi Cylon
CCC-HHHHHR
Tonight: Night Kill
CCC-HHHHH
Tomorrow: Lynch Non-Athena Cylon who is Doral (Boom)
CC-HHHH
Tomorrow Night: Night Kill
CC-HHH
Day After Tomorrow: Lynch other bad Cylon
C-HHH
Day After Tomorrow Night: Night Kill
C-HH
Have to get it right.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Tight.

Let's cross our fingers that TC is Helo :?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Does Doral's explosion end the day?
No.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I see more permutations than that. I see Starbuck, Helo, and Unagi boom off the top of my head.

But I do agree, if possible we have to consider both that RMC and Grund might be bad concurrently with RMC or Grund might be athena. I have no idea how to do that. I do think that you have to put at least on the airlock and I see the Grund defense against RMC attack being not so good for Grund. At the same time, there's a chance RMC is playing us and knows Grund is Athena, which is precisely why I disagree with the choice to hold back. Those sorts of bluff demand a sort of trust from me I have a real hard time following and for which I get burned.

I tend to play the odds and then cry when I lose.... Unless it's craps. God help me, I love craps but betting against the shooter is just wrong. The odds say to RMC is truthing and Grund is lying. My instincts says to RMC and Grund are playing us but my instincts are shitty.

Here's a question, if you got one free screen as cylons from Daniel and it random. What do you do if comes back Citizen? Starbuck? Helo? Athena? ... And the lawyer....

Presumably, you wait a night and kill a special the next night knowing they are your out. So they convert Daniel on night 2. They kill Tu1cy on night 3. If they knew who Athena was, then it was Tru1cy and they come out tomorrow Unagi and uncontested.

So the question for me (that I don't have an answer to and now I have to find the time to go back and look and think poorly) is was tru1cy Athena? If we believe Tru1cy is Athena then we kill grund and RMC. If we do not believe Tru1cy is Athena then we make a choice.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Okay, both LM and RMC have shown they don't fully know the rules of the Cylons. What do we make of that? I mean, in LM's case, probably not much, but how about RMC?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:Okay, both LM and RMC have shown they don't fully know the rules of the Cylons. What do we make of that? I mean, in LM's case, probably not much, but how about RMC?
Yeaa, not sure.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Why do you discount Chaosraven as Athena while considering the chance tr1cy was?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Okay, both LM and RMC have shown they don't fully know the rules of the Cylons. What do we make of that? I mean, in LM's case, probably not much, but how about RMC?
What am I (still) getting wrong? It's not that I don't know the rules, it's that I have no memory for shifting rule sets and I'm too impatient to reread them again and again and again, even if I need to post a rule every time I make reference to it. By all means dissect and correct me. I'm not offended.

Yes, I'm the guy who needs to carry a note pad around with him at work and then when I get back to my desk take all of those note and enter them into his computer so he can remember what he's supposed to do at work.

Yes, I'm the guy who doesn't have the patience for a smartphone.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:Why do you discount Chaosraven as Athena while considering the chance tr1cy was?
Going and looking, it's because I'm stupid.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Also to add my little analysis, I know I'm constantly beating a dead horse here but we have some players that are alive after some night kills that just make me scratch my head big time :

Unagi
Grund

I could also add Remus but I can understand why someone would want to keep him in the game since he can somewhat be an easy lynch target if someone boards the "Remus is always evil" train, which, lately, isn't as true as it used to be (it seems).

Then you have Stessier and I'll even add BB to the list of people who are what I'd consider veteran and who plays in most of the game on this forum.

Scoop died on N1 for some unknown reason, he's, imo, a terrible first night kill because of his volatility.
Then we get Tru1cy who my wild guess is might have been Starbuck since he was very silent up to that point
And finaly El Guapo who I'd also lump in the veteran and is the only night kill that actually make some sense.

Why are

Unagi
Grund
Remus

Still alive? Makes no sense to me.
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:
What am I (still) getting wrong? It's not that I don't know the rules, it's that I have no memory for shifting rule sets and I'm too impatient to reread them again and again and again, even if I need to post a rule every time I make reference to it. By all means dissect and correct me. I'm not offended.

Yes, I'm the guy who needs to carry a note pad around with him at work and then when I get back to my desk take all of those note and enter them into his computer so he can remember what he's supposed to do at work.

Daniel let's the learn the name of a Citizen. Not a Special...a Villager.

Ellen's power only let's them scan twice and all they learn is Special/Villager. They don't know the Roles of any of the dead - all they know is how many Specials they have taken out if they scanned them before killing them.

So they didn't know if Athena was dead when Unagi came out...well, unless Unagi is actually Athena. They don't know anything about Scoop. They could know things about tru1cy/Chaos/El Guapo...but would only know if 2 of the 3 are Special. We have 4 Specials - and know Moliere is one. It would really be bad luck for us if they got the other 3 with 4 kills.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

Daniel let's the learn the name of a Citizen. Not a Special...a Villager.

Ellen's power only let's them scan twice and all they learn is Special/Villager. They don't know the Roles of any of the dead - all they know is how many Specials they have taken out if they scanned them before killing them.

So they didn't know if Athena was dead when Unagi came out...well, unless Unagi is actually Athena. They don't know anything about Scoop. They could know things about tru1cy/Chaos/El Guapo...but would only know if 2 of the 3 are Special. We have 4 Specials - and know Moliere is one. It would really be bad luck for us if they got the other 3 with 4 kills.
The one that make sense is Tru1cy as Starbuck, the kill itself doesn't make sense so my guess is he was scanned by Leoben probably.

If Unagi is the real Athena I seriously don't understand his play on Holman, it was extra , useless fluff that gave us a complete miss.
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Daniel let's the learn the name of a Citizen. Not a Special...a Villager.
Wait!!!!!
There will be no kill that night but the Cylons will learn the identity of a least 1 citizen. (if no citizens are left then you will learn nothing).
Is Stess right? Am I misreading this?

I hate to call "judge" but Lassr am I misreading citizen? Does identity of citizen mean learn one person who doesn't have a role? Or does it mean learn the role of one living human/athena?

That literally changes my thinking process on a lot.

I don't remember making that claim.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:The one that make sense is Tru1cy as Starbuck, the kill itself doesn't make sense so my guess is he was scanned by Leoben probably.

If Unagi is the real Athena I seriously don't understand his play on Holman, it was extra , useless fluff that gave us a complete miss.
The timing doesn't work on tru1cy. Night went Scoop/Miss/tru1cy&cChaos.

If we assume the Miss was Daniel being found, he didn't get access to the Cylon forum until the next morning per Lassr. But Daniel has to plant the bomb the Night before he detonates it. So he had to have planted it blind.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:
stessier wrote:Daniel let's the learn the name of a Citizen. Not a Special...a Villager.
Wait!!!!!
There will be no kill that night but the Cylons will learn the identity of a least 1 citizen. (if no citizens are left then you will learn nothing).

I hate to call "judge" but Lassr am I misreading citizen? Does identity of citizen mean learn one person who doesn't have a role? Or does it mean learn the role of one living human/athena?

That literally changes my thinking process on a lot.
How could there be "no citizens left" and the game not over if Specials were included? Plus, read the Roles - Villagers are called Citizens. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis wrote:
Citizen = Villager for this game. They learn the name of a Citizen in the game. Not the name of a special.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:The one that make sense is Tru1cy as Starbuck, the kill itself doesn't make sense so my guess is he was scanned by Leoben probably.

If we assume the Miss was Daniel being found, he didn't get access to the Cylon forum until the next morning per Lassr. But Daniel has to plant the bomb the Night before he detonates it. So he had to have planted it blind.
Yeah but the bomb killed Chaos and the night kill was Tru1cy... how does it make no sense?
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:How could there be "no citizens left" and the game not over if Specials were included? Plus, read the Roles - Villagers are called Citizens. :)
How do you learn nothing? If you learn nothing because there are only specials left, you learn there are only specials left. That hurts my brain too much.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

N1 - Dead Scoop - Missed Leoben scan
N2 - They got Daniel - Hit Tru1cy on the scan
N3 - Dead Tru1cy - Dead Chaos from bomb
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Citizen = Villager for this game. They learn the name of a Citizen in the game. Not the name of a special.

OK scratch everything I just posted past, "there are more permutations"
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Daniel planted the bomb blind but once converted he knew Chaos wasn't a Cylon so blowing it was perfectly fine that's why they did it on N3
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:

Yeah but the bomb killed Chaos and the night kill was Tru1cy... how does it make no sense?
My bad, had them backwards. You're right, it could have been tru1cy. Or El Guapo.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:Daniel planted the bomb blind but once converted he knew Chaos wasn't a Cylon so blowing it was perfectly fine that's why they did it on N3
Daniel already knows all the roles of the cylons. Go reread Daniel. Holman tried saying something similar a few pages back.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:Daniel planted the bomb blind but once converted he knew Chaos wasn't a Cylon so blowing it was perfectly fine that's why they did it on N3
Daniel already knows all the roles of the cylons. Go reread Daniel. Holman tried saying something similar a few pages back.
Crap, you're right I forgot
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daniel always knows who the Cylons are - they just don't know him. He planted in and knew he was safe in doing so. An interesting question that has been brought up before is "why did he plant it so early in such a big game?" Was he pressured? It's fair to think he may never be found by the other Cylons, but why did he set it so early on Chaos? Was their a tip? Did he want to set someone up?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

After thinking I doubt Tru1cy was SB ...

N-1 protect self
N-2 I guess moliere?
N3 with no other known player is the safe bet here to self protect?

I guess it could have been Chaos as well, since it doesn't protect from the bomb.

Damnit there's so many possibilities
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Actually Chaos makes a bunch of sense now that i think about it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Like worse case scenario here :

Leoben scanned Chaos and by some freak miracle Daniel also bombed Starbuck's (Chaos)
Ellen slept with Truc1cy and he was revealed special

Knowing SB would protect herself on N3 (most likely) the bombing and night kill make sense
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

I mean, you can come up with all kinds of crazy scenarios, but there is no reason to think they happened. Simplest explanation is they thought tru1cy looked Special by his involvement (as I did) and Chaos was blown up either because he looked Special or Doral liked the chaos it would cause. Doesn't really need to be more than that.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:I mean, you can come up with all kinds of crazy scenarios, but there is no reason to think they happened. Simplest explanation is they thought tru1cy looked Special by his involvement (as I did) and Chaos was blown up either because he looked Special or Doral liked the chaos it would cause. Doesn't really need to be more than that.
I know.
But we have complete radio silence from all our specials other than the threesome of Athenas so it's sort of fair to assume we hit some major badluck early on.
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Well, if Starbuck is alive, she's never going to tell us - so we have that going for us. Lampkin is rather exposed, imo. :) Athena and Helo are the big questions.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Vorret wrote:Like worse case scenario here :

Leoben scanned Chaos and by some freak miracle Daniel also bombed Starbuck's (Chaos)
Ellen slept with Truc1cy and he was revealed special

Knowing SB would protect herself on N3 (most likely) the bombing and night kill make sense
Worst case scenario?

No Helo, no Stabuck, by luck or design.

Unagi is Doral. We move to lynch him and he shoots one of us, let's just go down the line.

1 Remus West..
2 Vorret………….
3 BB2112………..
4 Unagi…………..
5 Grundbegriff. Cylon
6 Moliere………. Lampkin
7 Triggercut……
8 RMC……………. Cylon
9 stessier……….
10 LordMortis….

Tomorrow we have

1 Remus West..
2 Vorret………….
3 BB2112………..
4 Unagi…………..
5 Grundbegriff. Cylon
6 Moliere………. Lampkin
7 Triggercut……
8 RMC……………. Cylon
9 stessier……….
10 LordMortis….

We have to choose Grund or RMC.

Choose wrong:

3 BB2112………..
5 Grundbegriff. Cylon
6 Moliere………. Lampkin
7 Triggercut……
8 RMC……………. Cylon
9 stessier……….
10 LordMortis….

3 to 3 Cylons win.

And so, we wait for Trig.

I started to give a lot of thought to what if we survive the worst case scenario but the Stess pissed in my cheerios.