BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:You mean a bizerker wolf, and I didn't read Doral as being that type of wolf.
How did you read him? One vote and he can go all Mr Splodie on whomever he chooses. Athena would be a good target, wouldn't she?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ok.
Holman is Daniel.

Holman, you should have received a PM from the moderator, please confirm.

:D

Stessier.
Yeah, that's why I asked everyone to NOT put a vote up yet on Holman and that I would prefer to scan him first.
Although, I honestly did consider it may be good to get Remus 'truly' confirmed if I was exploded upon by a Doral , but I figured even that wouldn't 100% prove Remus.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So, if everything is above board, then Holman is Daniel. I still think we shoot Holman today and can play protection chicken tonight if Unagi is telling the truth. If he isn't, then we can lynch him today. Again, unless someone can come up with a better plan.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:You mean a bizerker wolf, and I didn't read Doral as being that type of wolf.
How did you read him? One vote and he can go all Mr Splodie on whomever he chooses. Athena would be a good target, wouldn't she?
Is this a distinction between a wolf that controls its own detonation timing and a wolf that simply auto-explodes when lynched?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:So, if everything is above board, then Holman is Daniel. I still think we shoot Holman today and can play protection chicken tonight if Unagi is telling the truth. If he isn't, then we can lynch him today. Again, unless someone can come up with a better plan.
How about lynch Holman today, since if Unagi's telling the truth it's safe to do so, and then shoot Unagi if he lied (since he might then be Doral)?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:So, if everything is above board, then Holman is Daniel. I still think we shoot Holman today and can play protection chicken tonight if Unagi is telling the truth. If he isn't, then we can lynch him today. Again, unless someone can come up with a better plan.
How about lynch Holman today, since if Unagi's telling the truth it's safe to do so, and then shoot Unagi if he lied (since he might then be Doral)?
Yeah, this seems like the way to go.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

That being said, if Unagi is not Athena, I don't think the real one should stay silent. It's not like the Cylons are going to take out a faking Unagi instead of you. :lol:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
I can get behind this except Helo cannot shoot at night so we will have to wait until morning. There will be a chance Helo could be killed tonight if he is still alive.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:Ok.
Holman is Daniel.

Holman, you should have received a PM from the moderator, please confirm.

:D

Stessier.
Yeah, that's why I asked everyone to NOT put a vote up yet on Holman and that I would prefer to scan him first.
Although, I honestly did consider it may be good to get Remus 'truly' confirmed if I was exploded upon by a Doral , but I figured even that wouldn't 100% prove Remus.
I am not Daniel. I have received no PM from anyone.

I believe Unagi now wants me lynched so that he will not be lynched, allowing him more wolf-play during the night. Probably they have a good plan lined up.

Helo should shoot me. Notice that Unagi only called me Daniel (and thus a safe lynch) AFTER it was confirmed by Lassr that Helo's shot does not end the day. Unagi knows that my being shot will conform that he is a wolf.

Shoot me. Lynch Unagi.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:That being said, if Unagi is not Athena, I don't think the real one should stay silent. It's not like the Cylons are going to take out a faking Unagi instead of you. :lol:
I have been going back and forth on this point. If Unagi is lying and Athena has 3 good scans, then maybe she should counter. I guess only she knows if it is worthwhile to come out, but if Unagi is lying we can go straight to shooting him which would potentially give us another proven as long as Helo wasn't one of the scans.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm also concerned about the degree to which Grundbegriff's play is lining up with Unagi's claims and plans.

Shoot me. Lynch Unagi. Scan Grund.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Holman wrote:
stessier wrote:What if Unagi is Doral and we shoot Holman?
I think Unagi-Doral would have blown himself up at n-1. Doral probably has a standing order in place to do so....
Not only do you think so, but you're committed to the idea that Doral would splodify at N-1. After all, your claim is that Unagi is Evil, and yet you have your vote in him right now:
( Unagi………….. 3 )--- triggercut --- Moliere --- Holman

Why are you so confident he won't go boom? And why is trig? Indeed, we know Moliere is good, so an evil Unagi could, if Doral, detonate at any moment.
I assumed that achieving majority would invalidate powers, so I assumed that Unagi would have gone off at N-1. Since we now know that that's not the case, I'll play it safe and

withdraw Unagi 

But, again:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Funny !
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm heading out to the gym. If you people know what's good for you, you'll kill me on the Stairmaster.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:That being said, if Unagi is not Athena, I don't think the real one should stay silent. It's not like the Cylons are going to take out a faking Unagi instead of you. :lol:
I have been going back and forth on this point. If Unagi is lying and Athena has 3 good scans, then maybe she should counter. I guess only she knows if it is worthwhile to come out, but if Unagi is lying we can go straight to shooting him which would potentially give us another proven as long as Helo wasn't one of the scans.
An Athena who stepped forward now would be clarifying (whether real or fake). It would be hard to trust any Athena claimant after a day like this.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Not only do you think so, but you're committed to the idea that Doral would splodify at N-1. After all, your claim is that Unagi is Evil, and yet you have your vote in him right now:
( Unagi………….. 3 )--- triggercut --- Moliere --- Holman
Why are you so confident he won't go boom? And why is trig? Indeed, we know Moliere is good, so an evil Unagi could, if Doral, detonate at any moment.
I assumed that achieving majority would invalidate powers, so I assumed that Unagi would have gone off at N-1. Since we now know that that's not the case, I'll play it safe and

withdraw Unagi 

But, again:

You assumed that splodage was somehow tied to N or N-1 status; but you should have known better, not only because it's spelled out in the rules, but because El Guapo corrected me on this earlier, when I failed to notice that wrinkle in the rules.

Indoor treadmill for me too, now; we're having a heatwave!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:I'm heading out to the gym. If you people know what's good for you, you'll kill me on the Stairmaster.

The "stairmaster" at the gym on this planet...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grundbegriff wrote:
You assumed that splodage was somehow tied to N or N-1 status; but you should have known better, not only because it's spelled out in the rules, but because El Guapo corrected me on this earlier, when I failed to notice that wrinkle in the rules.
Nope. I just assumed an exploder would hold off until all was lost for him (or almost), at least this early in the game.

Are we now never to put a vote on anyone for fear of a bomber?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Nope. I just assumed an exploder would hold off until all was lost for him (or almost), at least this early in the game.

Are we now never to put a vote on anyone for fear of a bomber?
That would be a foolish extreme. But it would also be a foolish extreme, in the other direction, to casually leave a vote on someone with better-than-average odds of being abnormal.

The truth of this rule set is that there's always a risk in voting until the status of Doral is resolved; he's a landmine with a will... and a plan.

All else equal, I don't think the strongest catalyst for Doral would be "all is lost for me"; I think it would be "ah... there's a high-value target!" That's why we were discussing the pros and cons of Athena's self-disclosure if Unagi's not Athena.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I can't think of any reason the real Athena should expose herself. I think we should be suspicious of people calling for it.

The point would be to challenge Unagi, but we can do that more cheaply by shooting me (thus leaving day time to lynch Unagi). I'll never be trusted except posthumously, and losing me is much cheaper than losing Athena.

Plus, if I'm a wolf like Unagi says, then I'm dead.

Shoot me. (Lynch Unagi etc.)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If Starbuck does not know if she protected anyone then why is RMC certain the Cylons found Daniel rather than attacked a protected Moliere?

I think we lynch Holman today (should there be no counter to Unagi) as if he goes boom we know Unagi lied and if he is human we know Unagi lied. Either of those outcomes gives a surviving Helo a target tomorrow in shooting Unagi. Moliere or myself will be killed tonight.

Holman 

If he goes boom someone shoot Unagi.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:If Starbuck does not know if she protected anyone then why is RMC certain the Cylons found Daniel rather than attacked a protected Moliere?

I think we lynch Holman today (should there be no counter to Unagi) as if he goes boom we know Unagi lied and if he is human we know Unagi lied. Either of those outcomes gives a surviving Helo a target tomorrow in shooting Unagi. Moliere or myself will be killed tonight.

Holman 

If he goes boom someone shoot Unagi.
Let the record show that I have not exploded.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wrote up a long post of confusion over last two pages but I think I'm all I'm sorted now. I didn't understand not shooting Holman among other things related to an Athena identity scan.

I totally didn't understand a lot of things but Remus' backwards way of putting makes sense.

There's no point in shooting Holman as unagi says he's Daniel.

1) Unagi is Athena. Holman is Daniel. Holman doesn't explode.
2) Unagi is not Athena. Holman is innocent. Holman doesn't explode.
3) Unagi is not Athena. Holman is Doral. Holman explodes. We have two cylons.
4) Unagi is not Athena. Holman is cylon that is not Doral. ???? Holman does not explode

Holman 

As I would think an Athena counter would have happened by now. If not, all y'all can be the patient ones.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm also not exploding.

I just re-read the rules, and I don't think either of us is supposed to explode.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Remus West.. Holman
2 Vorret………….
3 BB2112………..
4 El Guapo……..
5 Unagi………….. Holman
6 Grundbegriff.
7 Holman………..
8 Moliere………. unagi
9 Triggercut…… unagi
10 RMC…………….
11 stessier……….
12 LordMortis…. holman
Targets ----------- Voters
( Holman……….. 3 )--- remus west --- LordMortis --- Unagi
( Unagi………….. 2 )--- triggercut --- Moliere
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned (N-0)
No death (D-1)
No death (N-1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore (D-2)
Chaosraven… blown (N-2)
tru1cy…………. poked (N-2)

Majority = 7
Deadline is: August 2nd
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm happy to get lynched. Now that people no longer fear that I'm Doral, I think saving Helo's shot is probably wise, although shooting me would give you the chance to lynch Unagi today rather than allowing him another night.

I suspect that Unagi is Daniel, and it's weird to see him fighting so hard to survive when his special power is gone and he'll obviously be lynched tomorrow. Maybe he's Ellen? His Athena claim focused on her, and he would know (as Ellen's targets would know) what Lassr's descriptions are like. Allowing Ellen another night might be bad for us.

Anyway, lynch away if you're not going to shoot. If it's not bad form to vote for myself, I'll roleplay this as standing up for my principles against the howling mob. (See BSG, any random episode.)

Holman 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

This is somewhat weird.

But at this point we don't really have another good option soooo

holman 

Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Does Daniel shows as human when lynched?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman 

n-1

The self-vote makes me a little nervous, but the logic for lynching Holman under the circumstances seems pretty compelling, and the self-vote (assuming he's a wolf) may be the only plausible way to shake things up. We'll see, I suppose.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Holman 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Voting Closed

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Remus West.. Holman
2 Vorret…………. Holman
3 BB2112……….. Holman
4 El Guapo…….. Holman
5 Unagi………….. Holman
6 Grundbegriff.
7 Holman……….. Holman
8 Moliere………. unagi
9 Triggercut…… unagi
10 RMC…………….
11 stessier……….
12 LordMortis…. holman
Targets ----------- Voters
( Holman……….. 7 )--- remus west --- LordMortis --- Unagi --- Holman --- vorret --- El Guapo --- BB2112
( Unagi………….. 2 )--- triggercut --- Moliere
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned (N-0)
No death (D-1)
No death (N-1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore (D-2)
Chaosraven… blown (N-2)
tru1cy…………. poked (N-2)

Majority = 7
Deadline is: August 2nd

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Finally, a Cylon target or two. Question was which one to target? Unagi claims to be a Cylon with a change of heart, trying to help, and has pointed the finger at Holman. The debate raged for hours on the best way to test the situation.
It was finally decided to test Holman. It has been an established fact that some Cylons have defected to the human side in the past so why shouldn’t this situation be any different. Holman was ready, he even voted for himself.

Remus grabs Holman by the arm, “He must know there is a resurrection ship nearby.”

Holman sighs, “Frakking idiots.” Remus points the firearm at his chest and pulls the trigger. Holman falls back onto the ground as a red spot spreads on his shirt.

“Quick, get the Cylon Chip detector out of the supply bag.” Vorret hands it to Remus. Remus holds it next to Holman’s head and waits for him to die. Once the life has left the body all that is left is the small Cylon signal that sends the info to the resurrection ship. “Nothing is happening.” Remus shakes the unit and opens the back. “Frak, batteries please!”

Vorret scrambles back to the bag and digs out 2 batteries. Remus shoves them in the unit and places it back to Holman’s head. They wait. Still nothing happens.

Everyone turns to Unagi. “Uh, that does not compute. I’ll be in my room running a self-diagnostic.”
Unagi runs into the ruins as everyone looks at Holman’s dead human body.

Ellen-Will you sleep around?
Starbuck-Will you protect?
Athena-who will you scan?
Cylons-Who is your kill target?
Daniel-Will you detonate the bomb?
Leoben- Who will you scan?
Daniel-Will you plant the bomb?

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well Shit. Fuck fuck fuck.
Ok don't kill me guys.
Actually, do. I totally deserve it.
Crap.

I was trying to pull a Scoop there and kinda make up a scanned Cylon, based on whom I was more or less certain was a Cylon. And I was wrong. Very wrong.
God damn it, I'm sorry guys. I've probably monkey wrenched this game.

I actually --did-- scan tru1cy last night. Although I did actually try and scan Holman on Night 0, that much was true.

Damn it. I seriously thought that was going to work for me, and it really really didn't.

Again. I'm sorry. sorry to you all and obviously sorry to Holman. I really thought I had you exposed as hell there.

Sorry guys.
Sorry Holman :doh: :doh: :doh:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah that sounds credible.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Well, then. Unagi it is. No es Bueno. (or is that no bien?)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If Helo is alive I suggest the day start with a shot to Unagi's head. I wish Holman had not self voted. Always force as many players as possible unto the record against you. A self vote is one more bad guy that need not commit.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Do we shoot unagi tomorrow? Assuming Helo is out there or does he keep it in ace in the hole?

If Starbuck does not protect tonight:

10 = 6 to 4. Lynch unagi = 6 to 3 going back into night unless unagi is Doral, in which case 5 to 3.

My opinion is shoot him, get a proven, take out a known cylon who might be Doral.

Is it really Doral? Doral is brand of cigarettes that I'm not even sure they make any more. Dorrel is a more of a name.
Holman

Post by Holman »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

If we think Unagi is Doral, we Heloize him and then hang the next-best suspect. But if we don't think Unagi is Doral, we hang him and Heloize the best Doral suspect.

In light of what just happened, I doubt Unagi is Doral. But he could be. The upshot was dead human, Unagi untrusted, night. The outcome of Doral-splodage would've been dead human, dead Unagi, night. So this path robs us of a lynch or shot that we'll now have to waste on Unagi... and if he explodes, then we'll lose that target, too.

Well played, Toastagi.