BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

LordMortis

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by LordMortis »

Too tired to say much. In short RMC sums up a lot of where my mind is going. Possibly even all of it.

If I had my druthers, I think I'd helo would shoot Holman and we'd diagnose from there. Only if that's the right play and unagi is not Athena and the cylons know it's the right play, what the end game. Again I'm too tired and I don't play chess well. What if do we learn if Holman is cylon? (that we have killed at least one bad cylon) What do we learn if is human? (Lynch Unagi...) but is there anything beyond that?

That suggests to me that if there is another Athena and she has valuable insight we should sort this out now but again, if there is another Athena the have planned for this and...

No matter. What I really think is that we need further weigh ins before proceeding.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Remus West..
2 Vorret………….
3 BB2112………..
4 El Guapo……..
5 Unagi…………..
6 Grundbegriff.
7 Holman……….. unagi
8 Moliere………. unagi
9 Triggercut…… unagi
10 RMC…………….
11 stessier……….
12 LordMortis….
Targets ----------- Voters
( )---
( Unagi………….. 3 )--- triggercut --- Moliere --- Holman
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned (N-0)
No death (D-1)
No death (N-1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore (D-2)
Chaosraven… blown (N-2)
tru1cy…………. poked (N-2)

Majority = 7
Deadline is: August 2nd
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:Ask yourself if Unagi would really worry enough about *me* to spend two nights trying to scan me as he says.

Not to trash myself, but am I really a first-round draft pick?
Catching up après-work/before-supper. Good grief, what a mess.

Holman (or whatever your name is....): Random.org doesn't know we have reputations, histories, etc.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:
stessier wrote:Why? How many more days could Athena expect? And why waste the shot meant for Doral on a Citizen?
There are 12 living players, and in a little while we'll know that I'm a Citizen and Unagi is a Wolf. Whoever Athena is, she has kept herself under cover, and she has plenty of time left to gather intel.
...unless Athena dies in the night, just by chance, because Team Toaster makes a lucky choice. Starbuck, if alive, doesn't know whom to protect, so there's no guarantee that all the lore you want hypothetical-hidden-Athena to continue to gather wouldn't die with her.

If Unagi isn't Athena and someone else is, that person should spill pronto unless, again by luck, she scanned people who ended up dead or otherwise proven.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote: ( Unagi………….. 3 )--- triggercut --- Moliere --- Holman
Well, Unagi's probably not Doral....
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Holman wrote:Ask yourself if Unagi would really worry enough about *me* to spend two nights trying to scan me as he says.

Not to trash myself, but am I really a first-round draft pick?
Catching up après-work/before-supper. Good grief, what a mess.

Holman (or whatever your name is....): Random.org doesn't know we have reputations, histories, etc.
This isn't about role assignments. This is about Unagi--an experienced player in a game full of experienced players--claiming that he chose to scan me twice (including right out of the gate, Night 0) to make sure he's knows who I am in this game.

Would he really do that? Would you?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by Scoop20906 »

:popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

On Night 0, with nothing really at all to go with, I thought it was best to pick a player that I felt may not be immediately killed at night.
You just ran a great game but felt you ruined it, but we all disagreed with you, we loved it.
That's mostly what earned you my Night 0 scan, I figured you wouldn't be a Night 0 kill. Add to that that we haven't played a lot and I likely wouldn't read you well either... I liked that I was scanning you and was pissed when it was thwarted.

After that; Remus, Newcastle , and Tru1cy sorta took my attention.

By last night, I had wished the scan was not thwarted and reissued it, but nearly scanned tru1cy
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

On Night 0, with nothing really at all to go with, I thought it was best to pick a player that I felt may not be immediately killed at night.
You just ran a great game but felt you ruined it, but we all disagreed with you, we loved it.
That's mostly what earned you my Night 0 scan, I figured you wouldn't be a Night 0 kill. Add to that that we haven't played a lot and I likely wouldn't read you well either... I liked that I was scanning you and was pissed when it was thwarted.

After that; Remus, Newcastle , and Tru1cy sorta took my attention.

By last night, I had wished the scan was not thwarted and reissued it, but nearly scanned tru1cy
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry for the double submit.
Crappy connection up here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Question: if Helo shoots someone, do we learn the target's alignment?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Question: if Helo shoots someone, do we learn the target's alignment?
yes
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:Question: if Helo shoots someone, do we learn the target's alignment?
Good question. I was out and about today and, wow, a lot happened.

With 4 cylons, 7 humans and Romo, I am wondering if now would be a good time for a counter of Athena if there is one. Or do we try to shoot Holman and resolve the situation that way. To Stess's point, even if Holman came back Cylon, it doesn't 100% prove Unagi. An Athena counterclaim does most likely disprove Unagi. Oh wait, even if we lynch Unagi, he would still come back Cylon. What a mess.

As long as we get the target's alignment I think we should have Helo shoot Holman. At least if he comes back Human as he claims then we can lynch Unagi. And if he comes back Cylon, then unless someone counters with Athena, I am going to give Unagi the benefit of the doubt. Unless he keeps living night after night.

The night killing of Tru1cy when they keep leaving RW, Unagi and Grund alive seems to me like the bad guys knew something about him. So we are most likely down one special and that may be enough to give Unagi a place to hide if Tru1cy was Athena.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Good. Unless someone can come up with a good reason not to, I think Helo should shoot Holman in the face.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Does Helo's shot send the game to Night?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Supposedly Ellen slept with Unagi the very first Night. They know he is Special. The next Night there was a miss. The next Night Chaos died and tru1cy was blown up. So do we believe Unagi was protected on Night 1, the Cylons attacked him and were blocked, and then took out Chaos on Night 2? Or that the Cylons knew Unagi was Special and passed him up on Night 1 and Night 2. Because he is asking us to believe one or the other.

What does Ellen see if she sleeps with Doral?

Because the best lies are ones with a bit of truth. If Ellen sleeps with Doral/Unagi and learns Special and then they attack the next Night to convert him...that makes the most sense, doesn't it?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I asked about this on Night 0

Because I got the sex story, it means that I was not drugged and they didn't scan me.
They just shut me down.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Had I thought I was scanned a special, my original though was that I should tell everyone , but then I learned that they didn't learn anything from just sleeping with me. So I sat on it to make them think I was not.

(But I've learned more than I want about Lassr and his take on girl-on-girl bed play!)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

What was the result of the secondary scan?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Hmmm, ok, rereading it does seem like it works that way.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:What was the result of the secondary scan?
He wants us to tell him if he should use it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

does Starbuck know if her protection succeeds?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Sort of part of the reason I asked. Given life expectancy I'm curious as to why that scan has been held back upon finding a Cylon rather than immediately used. Seems a no brainier to use it so why the wait?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

At the time I didn't want to reveal to the wolves they had been scanned, seemed reckless until I was forced to reveal.

I'm more than happy to use it.
I put it's use under vote, just to not be an ass.

I'd like to use it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Is there any argument against having Helo shoot me? It would waste his shot, but not really, since it would identify the bad cylon in Unagi.

The fear is that I'm Doral, but I'm asking to be killed in a way that neutralizes Doral's power.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Sort of part of the reason I asked. Given life expectancy I'm curious as to why that scan has been held back upon finding a Cylon rather than immediately used. Seems a no brainier to use it so why the wait?
Sorry. I was under the thought that there was a chance I'd be alive to make a scan tonight. So, if it wasn't clear, that would be 'the option'.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Right. I'm guessing you are Not Doral.
Holman

Post by Holman »

But I'm still asking to be killed.

I prefer the rope but I'll settle for a bullet.
stessier

Post by stessier »

What if Unagi is Doral and we shoot Holman?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Oh, and I think you should use the scan. If you are Athena, Doral is coming for you.
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:What if Unagi is Doral and we shoot Holman?
I think Unagi-Doral would have blown himself up at n-1. Doral probably has a standing order in place to do so.

Question: Would a Doral standing order "Blow myself up as soon as lynch majority is reached on me" be allowed, or would the fact of lynch majority immediately invalidate the power?

In other words, can Doral blow himself and his target with his last words?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think Unagi/Doral would blow up an Athena counter claim...which would be a good reason to remove all votes while we sort this out.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You mean a bizerker wolf, and I didn't read Doral as being that type of wolf.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

FYI, I just put in my request for the special scan to be used on Holman.

I think I was delusional in the trust anyone could put in any of this.
To save it for tomorrow would likely be of no difference to any of you.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:
stessier wrote:What if Unagi is Doral and we shoot Holman?
I think Unagi-Doral would have blown himself up at n-1. Doral probably has a standing order in place to do so....
Not only do you think so, but you're committed to the idea that Doral would splodify at N-1. After all, your claim is that Unagi is Evil, and yet you have your vote in him right now:
( Unagi………….. 3 )--- triggercut --- Moliere --- Holman

Why are you so confident he won't go boom? And why is trig? Indeed, we know Moliere is good, so an evil Unagi could, if Doral, detonate at any moment.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Does Helo's shot send the game to Night?
No

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
does not compute.

Ellen would not sleep with Doral. Sleeping with your friend can lead to disaster.

Did you mean Daniel?

If she just sleeps then she sees nothing. Just a night of fun.
If she scans then she knows his role.
If she drugs then the target is oblivious to what just happened.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:does Starbuck know if her protection succeeds?
she does not.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:
stessier wrote: Question: Would a Doral standing order "Blow myself up as soon as lynch majority is reached on me" be allowed
it is allowed

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:
does not compute.

Ellen would not sleep with Doral. Sleeping with your friend can lead to disaster.

Did you mean Daniel?

If she just sleeps then she sees nothing. Just a night of fun.
If she scans then she knows his role.
If she drugs then the target is oblivious to what just happened.
Yeah, Daniel. :doh:

I think I made that mistake a bunch up above. Hopefully everyone can substitute appropriately.