BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by Vorret »

Nice of you to kill me first :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My last name starts with a T and we've always picked from the top of the list my entire life. This is my way of getting even. Besides I killed you second. I killed Remus first. I killed unagi second. You were merely bronze.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I, sadly, was NOT KIDDING about my stupid Cylon fake-scan.(i.e. I truly am Athena)

Obviously, I assume Grund and RMC are both evil, but I'm feeling pretty much the asshole here for creating the context for it all, and hell maybe they are just all screwing around as civilians, but I doubt it.

Sadly, El Guapo was my scan.
stessier

Post by stessier »

If any one of our Athena's is real, y'all really suck at scanning. Just sayin'.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:Sadly, El Guapo was my scan.
Oh Emm Gee. Or would that be om bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ?
stessier wrote:If any one of our Athena's is real, y'all really suck at scanning. Just sayin'.
I didn't find a Cylon, but at least my scannees aren't all conveniently dead. :rolleyes:
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:If any one of our Athena's is real, y'all really suck at scanning. Just sayin'.
Yes, I have sucked donkey nuts. But I am giving you 2 Cylons. And umm.. Why are we even considering that Unagi is not a cylon?

He said Holman was a Cylon, and he was human. So we all know that Unagi is a Cylon. Right?????

And then I suggest we kill Grundbegriff. If he comes back human, then I am a Cylon. But he will not, he is a Cylon.

Looks to me like Helo is not in the game anymore, as there is no reason for him not to shoot right now.

Hell, I am dead tonight if Starbuck is not here. Grund is a safe kill, let's lynch him. If I am lying, then you can kill me. I am not lying though.

Nothing I can do to prove myself. I double scanned. I am giving you at least 1 Cylons, and if you kill me I think I come back Cylon, And of course Grund and Unagi will come back Cylon as well. So do what you must.

I know I have a rep of convincing you all that I am not who I am, but this time I am telling the truth.

Grundbegriff 

He is not the explody one, since I scanned him I know his role.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:He said Holman was a Cylon, and he was human. So we all know that Unagi is a Cylon. Right?????
Clearly.
Looks to me like Helo is not in the game anymore, as there is no reason for him not to shoot right now.
Definitely looking that way, though it would be nice if everyone checked in. Or was replaced by someone with stronger commitment chops.
Grund is a safe kill, let's lynch him. If I am lying, then you can kill me. I am not lying though.
Er... actually, yes. You are.
I double scanned. I am giving you at least 1 Cylons
Programming error?
He is not the explody one, since I scanned him I know his role.
You know perfectly well I'm not going to explode. I'm not the explody one, though you might be; I'm the Help Humans Win one.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Assuming no Helo, I agree that Unagi gives the best odds. He may be Doral, but he did have opportunities yesterday to explode, if Doral, and here he is. There's a chance he'll detonate, but at least we know something about his behavior; RMC is a completely unknown quantity.

Am I thinking straight here?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:Assuming no Helo, I agree that Unagi gives the best odds. He may be Doral, but he did have opportunities yesterday to explode, if Doral, and here he is. There's a chance he'll detonate, but at least we know something about his behavior; RMC is a completely unknown quantity.

For a wolf, yes.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

This is a sweet exchange :pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Still waiting on Trig for ever so small chance he is Helo.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

And if not we lynch Unagi and hope things sort itself out at night. So say we all.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:And if not we lynch Unagi and hope things sort itself out at night. So say we all.
Yep, same boat as you on that.
They're all crappy choices I hate it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Assuming no Helo, I agree that Unagi gives the best odds. He may be Doral, but he did have opportunities yesterday to explode, if Doral, and here he is. There's a chance he'll detonate, but at least we know something about his behavior; RMC is a completely unknown quantity.

No. Once Unagi made his claim we walked the vote down on him and he had no reason to worry about being lynched and thus no reason to blow up if he can. Given that you and RMC both came forward on your own I find his chances of being able to explode much higher than either of yours and thus feel he is the best use of our shot.*

*This opinion proven human by 2/3 Athena claimants.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Assuming no Helo....
... he is the best use of our shot.*
Missed the point. We (all?) agree that if Helo's around, he should shoot Unagi. That's what we've been waiting for. But absent Helo...?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Trigger hasn't posted in 4 days :(
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Vorret wrote:Trigger hasn't posted in 4 days :(
This.

1) He's playing a game of absenteeism
2) Shit happened (and I hope all is well in the end)

Either way, I'll wait out (the real time) today but then tomorrow I'm voting Unagi.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:That's why I didn't vote yesterday. I had flown safely below the radar for surprisingly long and didn't want to put a target on my head.
What does this mean? You did vote - you voted for Unagi. You withdrew on the reveal, but you had already voted.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:That's why I didn't vote yesterday. I had flown safely below the radar for surprisingly long and didn't want to put a target on my head.
What does this mean? You did vote - you voted for Unagi. You withdrew on the reveal, but you had already voted.
This + his attempt at voting and editing makes me very wary of Grund.
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:That being said, if Unagi is not Athena, I don't think the real one should stay silent. It's not like the Cylons are going to take out a faking Unagi instead of you. :lol:
I have been going back and forth on this point. If Unagi is lying and Athena has 3 good scans, then maybe she should counter. I guess only she knows if it is worthwhile to come out, but if Unagi is lying we can go straight to shooting him which would potentially give us another proven as long as Helo wasn't one of the scans.
An Athena who stepped forward now would be clarifying (whether real or fake). It would be hard to trust any Athena claimant after a day like this.
Indeed.

You also voted for Unagi on Day 2.

So you voted for him on Day 2 and Day 3, but felt comfortable that you were "flying under the radar" as you only had Remus and Trig as humans you could give to us. That just makes no sense.

I don't believe Unagi or Grund. RMC's story holds together the best and he didn't know how Ellen's scans worked at a point when I'm assuming a Cylon would have. I think we should start with Grund then Unagi and see who's left for the lynch after that.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:+ his attempt at voting and editing makes me very wary of Grund.
Meh - make of you what you will, but that's the only thing he's done that doesn't bother me.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:+ his attempt at voting and editing makes me very wary of Grund.
Meh - make of you what you will, but that's the only thing he's done that doesn't bother me.
Well it's a rule, Cylon don't follow rules ;)
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:That being said, if Unagi is not Athena, I don't think the real one should stay silent. It's not like the Cylons are going to take out a faking Unagi instead of you. :lol:
I have been going back and forth on this point. If Unagi is lying and Athena has 3 good scans, then maybe she should counter. I guess only she knows if it is worthwhile to come out, but if Unagi is lying we can go straight to shooting him which would potentially give us another proven as long as Helo wasn't one of the scans.
An Athena who stepped forward now would be clarifying (whether real or fake). It would be hard to trust any Athena claimant after a day like this.
Indeed.

You also voted for Unagi on Day 2.

So you voted for him on Day 2 and Day 3, but felt comfortable that you were "flying under the radar" as you only had Remus and Trig as humans you could give to us. That just makes no sense.

I don't believe Unagi or Grund. RMC's story holds together the best and he didn't know how Ellen's scans worked at a point when I'm assuming a Cylon would have. I think we should start with Grund then Unagi and see who's left for the lynch after that.
I'm okay with that.
Either Grund or Unagi, RMC can wait.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
I didn't mean that I hadn't voted at all, ever. I was referring to the final vote.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
And this trying to make hay of innocent behavior makes me very wary of you and stessier. Feels like support for your toasters on the block.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Vorret wrote:I'm okay with that.
Either Grund or Unagi, RMC can wait.
Unagi. Grund and RMC can wait. Then my preference is Grund but I'm hoping something happens that moves us from preference to confidence. I can't see what that something would be. Currently I'm hoping it's a Trig Helo to Unagi, a wince vote on Grund and then a ???? from Starbuck will light a good path.

As to why Grund after Unagi. I don't see all the stuff you and Stess see. I see a retaliatory strike against RMC. What I don't see is if it's calculated/gambled and that scares me more than anything else.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:So you voted for him on Day 2 and Day 3, but felt comfortable that you were "flying under the radar" as you only had Remus and Trig as humans you could give to us. That just makes no sense.
What can I say? Unagi felt innocent to me. I often put my safe, early vote on someone who strikes me as probably innocent in order to see who else is willing to vote against that person.

I was wrong.

And of course I was flying under the radar. Do you see any anti-Grundbegriff trains? Do you see the customary "you're dead by day 3" noise? In that sort of environment, where it looks like I'll be killed one way or another but I'm Seer, I often step forward early and share whatever I have to preempt lies. But this time it seemed as if people were looking elsewhere, so I just extended my moderate minimalism, kept my head down, and kept scanning scary players for Cylonicity.
RMC's story holds together the best and he didn't know how Ellen's scans worked at a point when I'm assuming a Cylon would have. I think we should start with Grund then Unagi and see who's left for the lynch after that.
RMC is a lying toaster who conveniently claims to have scanned four dead people. Are a Cylon, too, stessier? I wish I had wondered that sooner.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:So you voted for him on Day 2 and Day 3, but felt comfortable that you were "flying under the radar" as you only had Remus and Trig as humans you could give to us. That just makes no sense.
What can I say? Unagi felt innocent to me. I often put my safe, early vote on someone who strikes me as probably innocent in order to see who else is willing to vote against that person.

I was wrong.

And of course I was flying under the radar. Do you see any anti-Grundbegriff trains? Do you see the customary "you're dead by day 3" noise? In that sort of environment, where it looks like I'll be killed one way or another but I'm Seer, I often step forward early and share whatever I have to preempt lies. But this time it seemed as if people were looking elsewhere, so I just extended my moderate minimalism, kept my head down, and kept scanning scary players for Cylonicity.
This is just wrong. You didn't have to worry about the Village - you had to worry about the Cylons. You voted against one of their own twice...and yet had no fear of death at Night. Last Night you KNEW what you had done...but just hoped they wouldn't notice and say "Hey, you know, Grund is a really good player and he's still alive...and he's voted for one of us twice so he's clearly suspicious - but let's take out El Guapo."

It makes no sense and is totally out of character for Good you.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:This is just wrong. You didn't have to worry about the Village - you had to worry about the Cylons.
I have to worry about both. In a typical game, everyone wants me dead when I'm good: evil because I cause them trouble, and good because they fear I'm evil and will cause them trouble. And, insidiously, evil often takes advantage of my marginal standing to try to have me killed by day rather than by night.
You voted against one of their own twice...and yet had no fear of death at Night. Last Night you KNEW what you had done...but just hoped they wouldn't notice and say "Hey, you know, Grund is a really good player and he's still alive...and he's voted for one of us twice so he's clearly suspicious - but let's take out El Guapo."

It makes no sense and is totally out of character for Good you.
Sure I had fear of what might happen in the night. I hoped Starbuck would protect me once on a gamble, but Starbuck couldn't have known who I was and couldn't risk protecting me twice.

I did vote against Unagi a couple of times, but I didn't know I was tweaking an evil Cylon, and intuition led me to think I was placing innocuous probe-votes. But is that really your criterion for "putting oneself at night risk", stessier? Because if it is, then it's pretty interesting to note that El Guapo voted against you twice... and look what happened to him....
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

LordMortis wrote:
This.

Either way, I'll wait out (the real time) today but then tomorrow I'm voting Unagi.
Sorry, something weird is up with my computer and I'm having to type this via phone. "Submit" button on replies specifically isn't doing anything, not sure what's up.

At any rate, I'm re-reading last page or so, will have thoughts in a bit.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

triggercut wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
This.

Sorry, something weird is up with my computer and I'm having to type this via phone. "Submit" button on replies specifically isn't doing anything, not sure what's up.

At any rate, I'm re-reading last page or so, will have thoughts in a bit.
Just testing things here....
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Glad to have you back Trig
Isgrimnur wrote:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

This is so awesome. I love this.

First of all, live look at RMC, Grundbegriff, and Unagi:

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

triggercut wrote:This is so awesome. I love this.

First of all, live look at RMC, Grundbegriff, and Unagi:

Soooo I'm guessing you're not shooting anyone? :(
Isgrimnur wrote:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Just going to start listing thoughts here, but first a disappointment: I'm not Helo. I can't shoot anyone.

In another novel development in this game, I'm not Athena. I feel very left out. Would play a game where every player has a seer ability except one, and the object of the game is to drive the one non-seer crazy. Someone set that up!

Rating our Athenas....

Unagi:

Claims to be Athena first
Gives us the name of a Cylon. Holman is a Cylon!
We kill Holman.
Holman isn't a Cylon.
Unagi survives the night.

Swipe left.

RMC:

First of our Athena counter-claims.
Gives us a conveniently dead group of scan targets
Except also gives us Grundbegriff as Leoben.
Claims he didn't come out to challenge Unagi and save Holman because...strategery.

Swipe left.

Grundbegriff:

Feels lonely being left out of the Athena pool, he's third one in.
Gives us a group of people who will at least say "Huh, yeah I'm alive and human"
Which is either a smart Athena, or a smarter confidence game tactic
Claims he didn't come out because of possible exlopdeyness.

Swipe left but actually with some reluctance.

What we're left with:

We're multiple turns into this game, and Grundbegriff, Unagi, and Remus are all still alive.

It boggles my imagination that Unagi would pick this game to have his badguy radar malfunction so poorly.

It isn't much to work with, but  Unagi 

Sadly, even if he is by some odd quirk telling the truth about his failed Holman gambit, that's the kind of thing that sadly requires the Harvey Keitel at the end of National Treasure penalty rule. "Somebody's got to go to jail for this."
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

No Helo.

Someone grab the rope.  Unagi 

Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

On that note, ya'll can continue to feel free to discuss but I don't see me moving.

Unagi 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut's human, so if Unagi is explosive, that die is cast.  Unagi 

stessier

Post by stessier »

I still prefer Grund first.

Grund 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:I still prefer Grund first.

Grund 

Weird vote....
at least with all our eggs in one package we reduce the risk on a blow up
Isgrimnur wrote: