WW - OO JL : Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: WW - OO Justice League : Monday Night, disgrundled

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:
stessier wrote: Semaj, are you in politics? This amount of flip-flopping would make you a shoe-in for any office in the nation.
Newp

I'da loved some timestamps....
I liked every stinking post!!! Geez.
On Grund:
I was torn, The way he started playing the game was vintage Grund from DR, when he wasn't evil. HE picked a target and went apeshit on em, just to get things moving and see what happened. Its how he got triggercut outed as judas if I recall correctly while outing Unagi and himself as powereds. As such Trigg had a unhealthy obsession in getting even this game and if he and you weren't proven, I got monies that says grund would still be alive.
Okay, I've read this about 8 times. Semaj is replying to me. That's the only person I can figure out this "you" to mean. Am I misreading something?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin wrote:Addendum to the above post to Lassr.

You know as I reread and catch up, you really do seem to be nudging toward me every chance you get. This is a departure from your typical bolding of my name and outright accusation. What's changed?
As I said in the last game, constantly going after you in each game, even as a joke, eventually gets old. I look for the old manipulative aggressive evil Austin and I haven't seen it so I've really got no read on you this game. Plus I thought you were Superman up until a few "real" days ago.

So, now that I pretty sure you are not Superman, I'll have to bump you the list of suspects.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Semaj wrote: Mr Bubbles made me go: He hasn't even been on the vote that long and he jumps on and jumps off that fast? So I switched to him and realized not a one of you felt the urge to vote for him. I tried a few times to get people to switch votes, throw him out there as Evil and none of you listened (Go look at all my posts). I was still torn on Grund because as he defended himself he refuse to admit his part in the outting of 4 people. Yes it was poor play on certain peoples behalfs, but he still had a role he didn't want to admit to. And drunk it made a lot of sense. When I woke up several hours later, it seemed less like a good idea so I removed it and went to work saying I would more or less have no part in the grund lynch. I couldn't say I know for 100% certainty he wasn't evil, because you cant ever know, but there were plenty of other people so if they wanted him lynched they could do it while I was gone for 14+ hours.
I won't claim to be a mastermind, but after Grund's plea I don't know. I just didn't feel he was guilty. Maybe I could have done more to save him, but Grund isn't the type of person who plays desperate as an evil. I removed my vote with the intention to prove his innocence or try to the best of my ability but the holiday weekend crimped my style. I wasn't sure he was innocent, but he just didn't seem evil to me. Guess we keep quiet for a bit longer.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Austin wrote:Addendum to the above post to Lassr.

You know as I reread and catch up, you really do seem to be nudging toward me every chance you get. This is a departure from your typical bolding of my name and outright accusation. What's changed?
As I said in the last game, constantly going after you in each game, even as a joke, eventually gets old. I look for the old manipulative aggressive evil Austin and I haven't seen it so I've really got no read on you this game. Plus I thought you were Superman up until a few "real" days ago.

So, now that I pretty sure you are not Superman, I'll have to bump you the list of suspects.
edit: bump you UP the list of suspects.

and uh...I'm

preview button!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:
stessier wrote: Semaj, are you in politics? This amount of flip-flopping would make you a shoe-in for any office in the nation.
Newp

On Grund:
I was torn, The way he started playing the game was vintage Grund from DR, when he wasn't evil. HE picked a target and went apeshit on em, just to get things moving and see what happened. Its how he got triggercut outed as judas if I recall correctly while outing Unagi and himself as powereds. As such Trigg had a unhealthy obsession in getting even this game and if he and you weren't proven, I got monies that says grund would still be alive.
Okay, I've read this about 8 times. Semaj is replying to me. That's the only person I can figure out this "you" to mean. Am I misreading something?
Yeah, total mis-type... I was thinking of newcastle when I wrote that bit... I blame the economy.

Edited: screwed up my quotes somehow...
Last edited by Semaj on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:
Newp

LOL... Yeah, it just looked like you were calling me a flip-flopper, and well, it reminds me of George W Bush and who wants to be related to that? I felt dirty, I had to take a shower after explaining myself...

with bleach...

as the crying game played music in the background...
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Why WW should protect MM:

Leaving MM unprotected will result in the deaths of him and one other player. Picking an "unknown" at random could result in a devastating double death if he accidentally talks to Batman or Green Lantern inadvertently. Despite the fact that Semaj missed it and doesn't want anyone to know he missed it, apparently, even Grund admitted the "don't protect MM and he talks to someone he thinks is a badguy" strategy was kind of not a good idea. (Grund later said words to the effect that he was trying to mislead the badguys with that suggestion).

Why MM should talk with one of the known Superheroes, and NOT Newcastle:

Newcastle is one of 5 remaining Aquamen in the game. There are no remaining Green Arrows or Supermen in the game. As we go forward, we must assume that the badguys will attempt to hide in the group of Aquamen, since there are multiples, and not attempt to hide in the group of Superheroes, since these roles can be immediately counterclaimed. Not protecting him may eliminate hiding places for the badguys in the long run.

Why MM should talk to Newcastle and leave the two known Superheroes to fend for themselves:

We're going on the assumption that we had a conversion on night one. There's a chance we didn't. Newcastle would be an excellent choice for a conversion now, since he's both eligible for conversion AND an Aquaman. If there's no kill tonight and he's unprotected, the JLA must lynch him the following morning, or at very least remove him from the trusted list.

Both those choices have pros and cons, and Sean should decide which way he goes privately and keep the baddies guessing.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

[quote="The Rules]Green Lantern - Green Lantern may use his Ring, either during the Day or the Night. He chooses a Target and that Players Abilities are negated during that phase. Green Lantern may not choose the same Player twice in the Game. Use of the Ring does Not Reveal Green Lantern, but the target is informed of its influence when chosen.[/quote]This reads like he can use the ring at night then again during the day. If so then that works for us. If not then I think he is best saved as the anti-Joker for now. The same player rule won't matter if the only ones he is zapping are the lynchees and the Martian since we are not likely to lynch Sean. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:
The Rules wrote:Green Lantern - Green Lantern may use his Ring, either during the Day or the Night. He chooses a Target and that Players Abilities are negated during that phase. Green Lantern may not choose the same Player twice in the Game. Use of the Ring does Not Reveal Green Lantern, but the target is informed of its influence when chosen.
This reads like he can use the ring at night then again during the day. If so then that works for us. If not then I think he is best saved as the anti-Joker for now. The same player rule won't matter if the only ones he is zapping are the lynchees and the Martian since we are not likely to lynch Sean. :lol:
This is the same as above but with the tag fixed. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

GL and WW should clarify with CR if his(GL's) ability will stop the double kill tonight. If so then GL should definately hit Sean with the ring and WW should compel elsewhere in an effort to find a bad guy. Particularly since triggercut is right that it should be everyone out of the pool tomorrow. That way WW either gives us a LoD member or another trusted if an Aquaman scan or can possibly prove herself by announcing the role of her scan target (that is still iffy proof though since Lex is still out there).
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus West wrote:GL and WW should clarify with CR if his(GL's) ability will stop the double kill tonight. If so then GL should definately hit Sean with the ring and WW should compel elsewhere in an effort to find a bad guy. Particularly since triggercut is right that it should be everyone out of the pool tomorrow. That way WW either gives us a LoD member or another trusted if an Aquaman scan or can possibly prove herself by announcing the role of her scan target (that is still iffy proof though since Lex is still out there).
Yep, that alternative also works well for the JLA. I think if I read the rules correctly, the Lantern's ring does prevent the double kill, but a CR clarification would be good too.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

I'm sorry to be dense, but isn't a given that WW should protect MM tonight? I mean that does leave Newcastle open to conversion, or Sups open to attack, but at least it isn't a double loss, right?
I disagree with Remus, though and don't think it should be "everyone out of the pool" just because you blew your cover. Lex can impersonate WW, no? I'm not going to go into the math, but I think the JL is screwed if there is a mass reveal.
Now, I'm going to go back in my hole and worry.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Sectoid wrote: Lex can impersonate WW, no?
Yep, he sure can.

And if WW counterclaims him, we'll know one of the two is Lex. Sure would be nice of them to do that for us, wouldn't it? Save us a little bit of work, for sure.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

triggercut wrote:
Sectoid wrote: Lex can impersonate WW, no?
Yep, he sure can.

And if WW counterclaims him, we'll know one of the two is Lex. Sure would be nice of them to do that for us, wouldn't it? Save us a little bit of work, for sure.
and WW cannot protect herself so if a fake comes out she should not live through the night. There really is no role that bad guys can impersonate and get away with (if both wonder twins are dead then 2 bad guys could impersonate those roles effectively)

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sectoid wrote:I'm sorry to be dense, but isn't a given that WW should protect MM tonight? I mean that does leave Newcastle open to conversion, or Sups open to attack, but at least it isn't a double loss, right?
I disagree with Remus, though and don't think it should be "everyone out of the pool" just because you blew your cover. Lex can impersonate WW, no? I'm not going to go into the math, but I think the JL is screwed if there is a mass reveal.
You folks keep forgetting that Newcastle CAN NOT be the TARGET of the attack tonight. Thus he can not be converted or killed (save by proxy through Sean if Sean talks to him). GL targeting Sean's power means that there is no need for WW to protect him tonight and can thus grab another scan towards finding a bad guy.

As for the Super's revealing themselves, they need to because the pool for finding them is getting really small. They need to because the LoD can fake them (and do not think the faker need be Lex, he can feed information to either of his friends). They need to because the LoD KNOWS who they have killed and thus who they can try and fake. Anyone want to see what happens when 2 Wonderwoman come forward and both live everynight because BOTH are fake? I don't.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote::binky: :pop: :binky:
:(
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Remus West wrote:
Sectoid wrote:I'm sorry to be dense, but isn't a given that WW should protect MM tonight? I mean that does leave Newcastle open to conversion, or Sups open to attack, but at least it isn't a double loss, right?
You folks keep forgetting that Newcastle CAN NOT be the TARGET of the attack tonight. Thus he can not be converted or killed (save by proxy through Sean if Sean talks to him). GL targeting Sean's power means that there is no need for WW to protect him tonight and can thus grab another scan towards finding a bad guy.
+1.3 billion
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

yep, paging through notepad I saw in allcaps "NEWCASTLE IS IMMUNE tonight only".

Yet another reason why MM shouldn't contact him...;)

Here's how I see the badguys strategy tonight:

1. They either try to guess whether MM is talking to me or Remus, and consider that WW is protecting him and thus protecting his contact. They try to guess which of us trusted to take out.

2. They go after someone else to try to take out a hero so they can spoof that player's role. They cannot spoof Batman, and spoofing Green Lantern will be a fairly easy reveal down the line. They can't spoof the Twins, either. Wonder Woman is their only chance, so they've got to try to throw a hail mary that they can get her.

Am I missing anything there?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

sure glad ya'll are layin out night strategy for the bad guys. seein as to how it benefits the good side... oh yeah not at all...
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Kraegor wrote:sure glad ya'll are layin out night strategy for the bad guys. seein as to how it benefits the good side... oh yeah not at all...
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Card-Force-Trick" target="_blank
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

triggercut wrote:
Kraegor wrote:sure glad ya'll are layin out night strategy for the bad guys. seein as to how it benefits the good side... oh yeah not at all...
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Card-Force-Trick" target="_blank
http://www.wikihow.com/Mime" target="_blank
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I had a 2 page post I was working on that amounted to :

"THis is ow triggercut is wrong and why"

and then decided to not do it.

But lets get to the jist of it again.

1) Wonder Woman goes first, and probably sent her orders in very quickly.
2) The wolves scan second to last and then attack someone last. As such telling them what we are doing gives them o so much information when they are making their who to kill plans (O look GL is wasting his ring on MM tonight, lets wait a day or two then kill him). As such laying out our whole strategy at night while seemingly a great idea to some would be a huge wolf move for anyone else.

Please, for the love of god, argue with me more in the morning, not now.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj, as for the order of things, that is just the way they resolve. Nobody is given any information (other than MM that he can PM I guess) before the very begining of the day in these things. So all orders get sent in then they are resolved in that sequence. It is not, or rather has not in the past been, WW sends in order and resolves it, LoD sends in kill and resolves it, LoD sends in scan and resolves it. All choices are made before the outcome of the first is know.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Here is a thought. Why don't everyone other than Newcastle, triggercut, and Remus be quiet. Ok, well the badguys can talk too. :wink: Anyhow, I remember when I was scolded for talking about game specifics once during the night. Has something changed?

However, since silence won't likely happen. Lets do something creative. Ohh, I have an idea.... lets all carve my new "plants" into Banzai like trees. But, please do put the clippings in the containers provided for you.

they will never know i just need the help with harvesting.....hehehehehehehehehe
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Remus West wrote:Semaj, as for the order of things, that is just the way they resolve. Nobody is given any information (other than MM that he can PM I guess) before the very begining of the day in these things. So all orders get sent in then they are resolved in that sequence. It is not, or rather has not in the past been, WW sends in order and resolves it, LoD sends in kill and resolves it, LoD sends in scan and resolves it. All choices are made before the outcome of the first is know.
So you mean they dont put in a scan, wait for the result, then put in the attack order? I'd gripe hardcore if I was a WW and that happened. As such, since Night hasnt turned to day, I'm going under the assumption not all orders are in.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Semaj wrote:
1) Wonder Woman goes first, and probably sent her orders in very quickly.
2) The wolves scan second to last and then attack someone last. As such telling them what we are doing gives them o so much information when they are making their who to kill plans (O look GL is wasting his ring on MM tonight, lets wait a day or two then kill him). As such laying out our whole strategy at night while seemingly a great idea to some would be a huge wolf move for anyone else.

Please, for the love of god, argue with me more in the morning, not now.
"Gist".

Night started sometime IRL on Saturday night on a holiday weekend. For all we know, WW hasn't even checked the thread yet. CR isn't going to give the badguys a timetable either--they're going to turn in their orders when they turn them in. The turn order you're referring to is the sequence in which orders are executed. WW isn't coming here to say "I'm good, next!" and CR isn't giving either team hints in that direction either.

...and GL and WW cannot communicate, so that's problematic, although there's a way around it I won't divulge but which hopefully GL and WW have seen long ago. If they handle it right, we get what amounts to an extra turn of protection. I suspect they're on it.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Oh, an update on the sick Dad. I will be taking him back to the hospital in about an hour. So I will be unable to to read or post until late tonight.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Semaj wrote: So you mean they dont put in a scan, wait for the result, then put in the attack order? I'd gripe hardcore if I was a WW and that happened. As such, since Night hasnt turned to day, I'm going under the assumption not all orders are in.
Even when night turns to day, in past games where there's a night-only cycle of possible communication, referees have let significant time go by to allow the communicat-ees to discuss.

No orders may be in, or all orders may be in, or somewhere in between. No point in speculating it.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

RevHempus71 wrote:Oh, an update on the sick Dad. I will be taking him back to the hospital in about an hour. So I will be unable to to read or post until late tonight.
Sorry to hear that. Game is just a game, hope things go well with your father.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

triggercut wrote:
Semaj wrote: So you mean they dont put in a scan, wait for the result, then put in the attack order? I'd gripe hardcore if I was a WW and that happened. As such, since Night hasnt turned to day, I'm going under the assumption not all orders are in.
Even when night turns to day, in past games where there's a night-only cycle of possible communication, referees have let significant time go by to allow the communicat-ees to discuss.

No orders may be in, or all orders may be in, or somewhere in between. No point in speculating it.
Main point in speculating it is I assume the bad guys dont put in both sets of orders at once. They put in a scan, wait for the answer then put in the kill order. Hence my need to comment that maybe announcing how we should run protection and whatnot. If I were them and we were waiting on someone else, I'd be reading this commenting in pm's and planning whom to kill based off this. Hence that whole SHHH about strategy nonsense.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

RevHempus71 wrote:Oh, an update on the sick Dad. I will be taking him back to the hospital in about an hour. So I will be unable to to read or post until late tonight.
Best of luck, hope things get better.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

triggercut wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Game is just a game, hope things go well with your father.
Thank you. I kinda need the game right now. It is a healthy distraction from current events. Plus its just damn good fun. Besides I am obligated to maintain certain level of participation. I mean there's no room for more than 1 proner. Speeking of Pr0ner, why does it seem half the people in this game are playing an "ode to pr0ner" type style. I mean come on folks. :roll: :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:
triggercut wrote:

Main point in speculating it is I assume the bad guys dont put in both sets of orders at once. They put in a scan, wait for the answer then put in the kill order. Hence my need to comment that maybe announcing how we should run protection and whatnot. If I were them and we were waiting on someone else, I'd be reading this commenting in pm's and planning whom to kill based off this. Hence that whole SHHH about strategy nonsense.
We had one game where the results of the scan were given before the kill order. I was the bad guy scanner and scaned CR as the Hunter. We killed him. The next day Grund(the Seer) announced the ID of our Beserker(Newcastle). We all spent the day going "Hunter, shoot Newcastle." I doubt he appreciates that very much yet but I still find it funny. Giving the scan answer before the attack choice just gives way way to much power to the bad guys. Particularly in a game where they already get to know who they killed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:
stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote: Newp

LOL... Yeah, it just looked like you were calling me a flip-flopper, and well, it reminds me of George W Bush and who wants to be related to that? I felt dirty, I had to take a shower after explaining myself...

with bleach...

as the crying game played music in the background...
Wow, that is one really bad typo. :oops:

That should say "I linked" (so no need for timestamps).

I was/am calling you a flip-flopper.

Please resume your hurt/misunderstood rants.

Thank you.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I thought that sounded odd.

I wield my vote like a mighty sword, cutting through rhetoric and sillyness whenever I see fit. We all have our own unique style of play. Mine is to be in the middle of everything pointing fingers, accusing people and calling shenanigans as I see them.

It's up to you to accept this is my style and move on. Although I am all for you trying to lynch me tomorrow. We can cut down the places for those who wont come out to hide in. Even more and more importantly, me and grund can pm each other are and see who was more right about the villains while shaking our collective fingers in your general directions with ghost icons.

Still, if you be a goodun, which aint a guarantee as I have mentioned, you might want to stop cleansing the good guy pool long enough to start trying to find bad guys, although thats just a suggestion.

Off to work I go, yayz.
Chaosraven

Re: WW - OO Justice League : Tuesday Day, dissectoid

Post by Chaosraven »

TUESDAY MORNING

Guy Gardner sat at the Monitor, fuming.

How can I *NOT* be the Green Lantern in this damned game, he thought to himself. I'm 100% bonafide Bad Ass.
He realized he was talking out loud when Blue Beetle mentioned from behind him, "Perhaps you would be if you had noticed the CORPSE in the Hallway on screen two..."

There lay Sectoid, bullet holes still smoking, his chest cavity open like he was sitting in an X-com Lab.

Players will vote to Lynch One Player by Majority.
Majority is Eight.
Green Lantern: will you use your Ring?

1. Mr Bubbles
2. Remus West
3. Kraegor
4. Newcastle
5. Lassr
6. Grundbegriff
7. JimDave
8. triggercut
9. Austin
10. sectoid
11. stessier
12. tru1cy
13. Sean, Minister of KtSP
14. Unagi
15. Scoop20906
16. RevHempus71
17. semaj
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Sectoid

Re: WW - OO Justice League : Tuesday Day, dissectoid

Post by Sectoid »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920