[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Qantaga

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 3)

Post by Qantaga »

*Condensed Version* (I'm still ticked that I lost my big post).

redrun:

After reading through the thread and looking at every post by redrun as the game developed, the only way redrun can be evil is if he went on a scorched earth campaign from the beginning of Day 1 to separate himself completely from his wolf brothers.

redrun was on Scoop early and pushed hard for Scoop to be lynched all the way through Scoop's lynch on Day 2. He was also strongly on Vorret all the way through Vorret's explosion on Day 3. Were he evil and trying to give his accusations mere lip service, he had plenty of opportunity to pull off Scoop or Vorret, based on game developments, but he never wavered in his campaign to have them both lynched.

Of course, these games have become very sophisticated and I can see the wolves (especially since they started with four and had the chance to add a fifth along the way) setting one of their own on a deliberate campaign against the others.

There is the matter of the post that Remus pointed out where redrun questioned the order of the night sequence and threw a strange (in that particular circumstance), temporary vote on Holman. redrun explained it, but it's still a little off kilter.

Then, there is the possibility that redrun could be Galen (converted or not).

So, my debate is, do I trust what I see in game, or do believe an elaborate conspiracy?
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

There's just not much to go on with RMC and Mr Bubbles.

Of note with RMC, he kept saying that he believed Scoop's claim of Athena, up until just before LMCain got all stabby with Unagi and stated pr0ner was Athena. Since then, he was hospitalized. He did come back briefly to say he was back and reading and would post soon, but he hasn't been back since.

I do hope you're getting better RMC.

As for Mr Bubbles, his main Day 1 contribution was arguing that lynching the silents was a bad strategy. After Scoop's reveal, he is non-commital about whether he thinks Scoop is true or false. He maintains his don't lynch the silents theme and casts a vote on Holman. He makes onlya handful of fleeting, insubstantial posts in Day 2. He finally makes his only two posts of the game with any detailed observations of other players at the top of page 37.

I know he said he had a lot going on and I'm especially sad about his friend's cancer.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

After reading through everything:

- theo or purge is the most likely place my vote will fall today.
- bb, Remus, and tru1cy are somewhere in the middle. They all have their moments.
- I am unlikely to vote redrun, RMC, or Mr Bubbles today.*

* I will be highly disappointed if RMC or Mr Bubbles were using absence as a deliberate evil strategy.

I'm going to sleep on it.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

There sure is an echo in this great, big empty ship.

You all realize that tomorrow is Friday and the deadline is Monday at 2:00, right?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Qantaga wrote:He (Mr Bubbles) finally makes his only two posts of the game with any detailed observations of other players at the top of page 38.

Corrected page number.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm here.. not sure what else I can say. I'll remove my vote from rmc tomorrow. Uncertain who I can vote for at the moment. I won't vote for Remus as I think Scoop & Vorret were trying to set him up.

Maybe theohall
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Great posts Q. When I read through the stuff leading up to Scoops reveal through Vorret's lynch, I got a lot of the same feelings on Theo. When it was happening I didn't think too much about it, but after the reread, I got the impression Theo was over the top. I totally agree on RR. He and Unagi were the strongest proponents of the Scoop and Vorret lynches. I don't like the fact that Remus starts going after RR. I also don't like Theo going after RR. Purge has struck me as off all game.

I think in the Theo, RW, Purge pool, Theo is my strongest candidate. When I said I was going to come back with more thoughts on my reread, that is basically what I was going to say. I also had a couple of long posts get eaten. Frustrating! Then the whole Galen thing spun me out of control. That and work.

Anyway, with time running out, I think Theo is a bad cylon.

Theohall 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:Great posts Q. When I read through the stuff leading up to Scoops reveal through Vorret's lynch, I got a lot of the same feelings on Theo. When it was happening I didn't think too much about it, but after the reread, I got the impression Theo was over the top. I totally agree on RR. He and Unagi were the strongest proponents of the Scoop and Vorret lynches. I don't like the fact that Remus starts going after RR. I also don't like Theo going after RR. Purge has struck me as off all game.

I think in the Theo, RW, Purge pool, Theo is my strongest candidate. When I said I was going to come back with more thoughts on my reread, that is basically what I was going to say. I also had a couple of long posts get eaten. Frustrating! Then the whole Galen thing spun me out of control. That and work.

Anyway, with time running out, I think Theo is a bad cylon.

Theohall 

So who was Galen??? Nice of you to posit something, accuse someone else, and never come forward with what you posited. Killing Galen should be the first consideration right now. Why isn't it for you?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Theohall 

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Btw. BB2112 people have asked you to come out with your thought on Galen. Are you going to share?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 BB2112 ---------- theohall --- --- --- ---
2 Qantaga ---------- --- --- --- ---
3 theohall ---------- Remus West --- Remus West --- purge --- ---
4 tru1cy ---------- theohall --- Mr Bubbles --- RMC --- theohall ---
5 Remus West ---------- BB2112 --- --- --- ---
6 purge ---------- redrun --- --- --- ---
7 RMC ---------- --- --- --- ---
8 redrun ---------- Remus West
9 Mr. Bubbles ----------
purge -1 ----- theohall
theohall -2 ----- BB2112 -- tru1cy

Majority = 5
Deadline is: Monday, April 15th 2:00 central

pr0ner -------- pricked
Chaosraven -------- de-furred
Newcastle -------- bashed
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

theohall wrote: Killing Galen should be the first consideration right now.
This has bothered me more and more as time goes on. Galen hasn't come forward? Is he converted? If so, are the Cylons using this to avoid having folks look for Cylons, but instead have them looking for Villagers who might be Galen; in doing so are they trying to win today?
Sufficient I am to the day.
redrun

Post by redrun »

bb2112 wrote: I totally agree on RR. He and Unagi were the strongest proponents of the Scoop and Vorret lynches. I don't like the fact that Remus starts going after RR. I also don't like Theo going after RR. Purge has struck me as off all game.

You somehow missed that Purge also was after Redrun.

So, my list:
Tru1cy, Purge, BB2112 are the stongest contendors for being evil.
Remus and Theohall are both potential evil, leaning more Remus.
RMC, Mr. Bubbles are unknowns.
Quantaga - very quiet early, but making up for it. The lists are good. If I have time, I'll do one on Quantaga (but it won't be until the weekend that I'll have time).

Purge 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'm willing to vote Purge and BB today, but I just don't feel theo. Maybe he's pulled one over me, but his participation never seemed out of the ordinary. bb and purge, just had a strange participation through the whole game that seemed, I don't know, but off. I'm going o be spending this weekend going over their participation, but I don't think I'm ready to jump on theo.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 BB2112 ---------- theohall --- --- ---
2 Qantaga ---------- --- --- ---
3 theohall ---------- Remus West --- Remus West --- purge ---
4 tru1cy ---------- theohall --- Mr Bubbles --- RMC --- theohall
5 Remus West ---------- BB2112 --- --- ---
6 purge ---------- redrun --- --- ---
7 RMC ---------- --- --- ---
8 redrun ---------- Remus West purge
9 Mr. Bubbles ----------
purge -2 ----- theohall -- redrun
theohall -2 ----- BB2112 -- tru1cy

Majority = 5

pr0ner -------- pricked
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
purge

Post by purge »

Sorry for the radio silence, guys - I've been laid up with tremendous abdominal cramps - Haven't been able to sit comfortably for several days. I would like to apologize for my spotty activity - I signed up before I knew what work had in store for me (three major projects all pushing app level changes can get hairy, even while I'm training others to help out). It's no excuse though, I've failed to participate in a meaningful way. Thankfully, some of the craziness has passed.

RE: Redrun - I simply made a commitment to killing Galen based on an estimation - I've missed voting on every single day due to my other commitments, and so I wanted to make sure I at least contributed. As I see it, there is a negligible chance of him(Galen) being good, and he changes the game landscape drastically. Yes, we're hunting bad cylons, but if there's a shred of decency in Galen he'll step forward - as he counts for 2 dead cylons, with only a 25% chance that D'Anna is dead.

As for who we've hung, the only person we know, for certain is Vorret. Scoop is kind of a no-brainer with LM's info, but who knows, starbuck could have been CR. We have no confirmation of pretty much anything.

Some of you are stacking up ideas that don't hold their own weight, and building upon that. I'd like to see a wolf step forward and volunteer, but aside from that we have our Galen to worry about.

I believe that Theohall *is* Galen or a wolf, and here's why.

Day 1 he was pushing for Holman to die as Galen - knowing who he himself is {wolf, Galen} he was either trying to draw out the real Galen {TH=wolf} or he was under the impression that Galen was neutral in his interests (where the write-up, as was pointed out later, that he should behaving as good until such time that he's converted). Theohall may have instead been signaling to be called over rather than understanding his role.

He was sending up smoke signals - either to smoke someone out, or to signal a scan.

So my vote goes to  Theohall 

theohall

Post by theohall »

Nice to see purge and bb2112 are on the same page. Like that comes as a surprise to some of us.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:Nice to see purge and bb2112 are on the same page. Like that comes as a surprise to some of us.
Actually, Purge is my second choice. If momentum goes that way, I will switch in a heartbeat.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 BB2112 ---------- theohall --- --- ---
6 purge ---------- redrun --- theohall --- ---
9 Mr. Bubbles ----------
theohall -3 ----- BB2112 -- tru1cy -- purge

Majority = 5

pr0ner -------- pricked
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
Last edited by Lassr on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Qantaga wrote: I'm going to sleep on it.

My (game) sleep lasted much longer than intended. I'm going to check in on the Masters and think back through this game. I'll place my vote this evening.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

This is rather stressful.

We've only had one missed lynch, yet the game could end by morning if we miss now. :(

(Although, Unagi dying at Cain's hand constitutes miss #2),

I hope we have more attendence here tomorrow, with the deadline looming at 2:00 CST.

As mentioned, I don't have enough data to consider RMC or Mr Bubbles. I think redrun is good (or has been running an exceedingly good bluff since the very start). I think there's still enough to investigate with bb, Remus, and tru1cy, but it is unlikely that any of them can garner consensus in 7-8 waking hours.

So, that leaves us with purge or theo.

After running it through one more time, it boils down to:

purge:

- Early defense of Scoop
- Whip turn reversal stance on Holman Day 1
- Voting redrun based on a Remus post (while seemingly mis-construing redrun as Galen)
- His rules questions struck me as odd

theo:

- Unwavering pursuit of Holman, especially given the use of Boomer's power on Holman on Day 2
- Unwavering pursuit of Remus, especially considering that the reason for it was manufactured out of ignoring an obvious hypothetical
- His stance for LM to remain quiet Night 2 and trust LM to be protected by a person he professed to consider evil right before that night fell (with dead Newcastle as the only other Starbuck theo ever considered)

The counter questions I have to consider:

- Would evil purge be periodically absent for long stretches and offer rationales for such absences?
- Would evil theo be so vocal about urging LM to remain murky on a Night that the odds favored LM dying?
- theo and I are so divergent in our thought processes that I am almost always wrong about him (both when he's good and when he's evil). This is the big thing that has my finger pausing over the accuse button.

For better or worse, my best guess is:

theohall 

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

That puts theo at N-1.
theohall

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 1)

Post by theohall »

Unfortunately, I now have to say this and never get to use the abilities which could have shortened this event, because I will never be scanned now.

I am Anders and there were clues - bolded below. Went with Anders being a Lieutenant and many detectives in cop shows are lieutenants, so... Here are the clues. Do not let the evil cylons spoof Anders.
theohall wrote:After being essentially internetless for the entire weekend and reading through this, I still have no clue as to who the heck is what. So, since everyone knows the saying has merit....

Remus West 

theohall wrote:
Newcastle wrote:SO i got 5 FIVE reasons why the Cylons killed proner...i'lll tease em out, because well...i can...

1 - Proner had team evil's number last game - So what does this mean? Could someone be on evil again who was on that team. If true this leads in certain directions
Or someone who was on team good last time is now on team evil and fears pr0ner's detective abilities.
theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:Why are you waiting for a scan claim from me? I most certainly can not provide one.
It's my assumption this is the "lynch me if you will" or "lynch scoop/prove him one way or another" whatever it is you are talking about.
If I were going to contest him then lynching either one of us would prove nothing since we would both show Cylon one way or the other. No, this is not how I planned to give him proof. This is a very long shot plan though so I'm not really expecting success. It is the (well, was until they drugged Holman) only way I can think to gain some solid truth.
Okay, Remus West. Let's take the bolded sentence through reading comprehension. You did write this sentence, so it is your own words.

"If I" - I is first person indicating Remus West
"were going to contest him" - him is direct reference to Scoop given RW was replying to LM.
"either one of us" = this has to be Remus West and Scoop. There is not other "us" referenced.
"would prove nothing since we would both show Cylon one way or the other" - so you and Scoop would both show Cylon one way or the other.

I am glad you are so certain both you and Scoop will show Cylon. We can certainly count on Remus West to save us.
So thanks for forcing a good guy out.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

withdraw theohall 

Can anyone counter?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote: withdraw theohall 

Can anyone counter?
I would suggest voting for purge or bb2112. Mostly purge. Not even 24 hours now until the deadline.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'll be here in the morning and won't miss voting. In a game where the first two wolves claimed good specials, you'll forgive me if I want to see if anyone can counter.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:I'll be here in the morning and won't miss voting. In a game where the first two wolves claimed good specials, you'll forgive me if I want to see if anyone can counter.
I will tell you what. If someone counters, that is where your vote should go. Whomever counterclaims, if anyone dares, will not have the clues planted like I did to prove myself.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Well if you are to be trusted, which at this point I will trust you, it goes along with my suspicions. Either bb or purge would be fine with me.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Need to give this more thought... Theohall could be Galen and which ever two cylons that remain and planting false clues have been done before,

Honestly, if Theohall is Anders he should have been doing everything he could to get scanned and I just don't see it, but I will be back to re-read.

Lassr any chance we could get a one day extension. Not sure I will be able to reread this till tonight?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

withdraw Theohall 

I find his claim suspicious, but unless there is a counter claim...

Purge 

redrun

Post by redrun »

theohall wrote:
Qantaga wrote:I'll be here in the morning and won't miss voting. In a game where the first two wolves claimed good specials, you'll forgive me if I want to see if anyone can counter.
I will tell you what. If someone counters, that is where your vote should go. Whomever counterclaims, if anyone dares, will not have the clues planted like I did to prove myself.
I'm interested to see if someone counters. Of course, your behavior against Holman makes a lot more sense - while we thought the options of Galen/Anders/Innocent existed (along with Bad Cylon), you'd have only seen Galen/Innocent - and it's not worth protecting an innocent human if it allowed Galen to be turned.

I highly doubt that we'll see a counter-claim.

I think we're looking at Purge and Tru1cy.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 BB2112 ---------- theohall --- Purge --- ---
2 Qantaga ---------- theohall --- --- ---
9 Mr. Bubbles ----------
purge -3 ----- theohall -- redrun -- BB2112
theohall -2 ----- tru1cy -- purge --

Majority = 5

pr0ner -------- pricked
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

The issue with the Anders' claim is that it is what a wolf would do if they are about to be lynched.

So far:

No counter: Qantaga, Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, bb, redrun

Possible counters: Remus, purge, RMC

The problem is whether we'll hear from RMC in time. (I hope he's okay. I'm more than a little concerned for him. This long of an absence is not normal for him, on top of his hospitalization recently.)
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:1 BB2112 ---------- theohall --- --- ---
9 Mr. Bubbles ----------
theohall -3 ----- BB2112 -- tru1cy -- purge

Majority = 5
If I've followed correctly, we're up to three votes on Purge (Theohall, Redrun, BB2112) and two votes on Theohall (Tru1cy, Purge). We've got no votes from Mr. Bubbles, RMC, Remus West, and Qantaga. We've got about 5.5 hours to deadline (as of the time of posting this).

If someone wants to counter-claim Theo, they should do so ASAP... personally, I really doubt we're going to see a counter-claim unless:
A. Theohall is faking (I doubt this)
B. Galen is converted and the Cylons are willing to risk a 50/50 shot in order to get the win. In this case, the next lynch suspect would also have to be a wolf.
C. The next lynch suspect also claims Anders.

We know Anders is alive. So, no counterclaim:
A. Anders doesn't make it back to the game to counter-claim Theo.
B. Theo is Anders and we're killing a non-Cylon via lynch today.
C. ?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

withdraw theohall 

Ihave no issue voting for Purge, but I don't trust Theohall or BB2112, so I'll hold off.

Lassr guess that's a no on the extension
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm here. Trying to read but grades were due Friday and life conspired against me to make me miss that and kept me insanely busy all weekend so catching up on those are going to have take priority over fully catching up on this. I have no counter for theohall's claim. Gut instinct is that he is not faking.

I'll be back pre-deadline to check anything I can. I think my current top 2 are purge and bb2112 but I never made it far in my reread and it has been a while since I took in anything but the last few posts at a single sitting.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

tru1cy wrote:Need to give this more thought... Theohall could be Galen and which ever two cylons that remain and planting false clues have been done before,

Honestly, if Theohall is Anders he should have been doing everything he could to get scanned and I just don't see it, but I will be back to re-read.

Lassr any chance we could get a one day extension. Not sure I will be able to reread this till tonight?
I'll think about it.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

So far:

No counter: Qantaga, Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, bb, redrun, Remus

Possible counters: purge, RMC
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Another surprise was sprung on the crew at the last minute. Another Cylon helping the humans? Is it possible? This turn of events got the quiet gathering stirred up.
Tru1cy speaks up, "We are running out of daylight, we can't stay out here much longer. If we grab the portable heater we use to warm the equipment we might be able to stay out another hour, if the wind doesn't pick up. We need a little more time to process this new info."
"Grab the heater and crank it up. I want to get this done but at least we'll have a little more time to think." Remus zips his parka up to his neck preparing for the intense cold that will arrive when the sun falls below the horizon.

Deadline extended to 9AM Central Tuesday.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

See, I extend the deadline, everyone takes a nap and you have now frozen to death. Game over. You are all dead! j/k

Black Lives Matter