WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 1 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Unagi »

waiting that long to make the claim seems pretty damn odd Theohall (why would you wait????) - but we get told alignment on death, so making the claim now also seems weird to do as Evil. :? (Newcastle will soon 'counter' the claim, a real M wouldn't need to). odd.
His lack of a claim at n-1 is what had me most concerned about his Villager status (not Special, nor Evil)... but I guess that's not the case.
His posts since Grunds proclamation where perhaps the most condeming... to basically claim that everything (*specifics, still not shared) that someone may have seen in his posts, was done 'on purpose', comes across as weak tea.

Lagom Lite wrote:9. Unagi - flip-flops.
First off, it was msteelers that I was on at the time... if we assume for this conversation that you are Good - then the manner in which you joined my vote through me off.
Second, I've since had some concern over Lassr. If the bad guys end up being Lassr, Theohall, and msteelers - I'm doing just fine.
I've got some concerns on stessier too. (Isgrimnur too.... of course the Remus/Chaos pair...etc, etc.)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I suppose I should consider it an honor that I've reached the stage in these games where I'm marked as suspicious on a regular basis.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Isgrimnur wrote:I suppose I should consider it an honor that I've reached the stage in these games where I'm marked as suspicious on a regular basis.
It's like being skunked. It will take a while not being skunked before people want to be around you. Trust me I know.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:I suppose I should consider it an honor that I've reached the stage in these games where I'm marked as suspicious on a regular basis.
It's like being skunked. It will take a while not being skunked before people want to be around you. Trust me I know.

Yikes!

That does not sound like an enjoyable experience.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:

Yikes!

That does not sound like an enjoyable experience.

If you'd all just follow Google's motto, none of this would be a problem.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

You know what this game needs is a Sorcerer.

If theo is human, we know M is dead (although I still don't get the timing of the reveal).
If he is a wolf, we know he is lying and M lives.

How boring. ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote:If you'd all just follow Google's motto, none of this would be a problem.
Some people are born evil, others have evil PMed upon them.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:If you'd all just follow Google's motto, none of this would be a problem.

You know, I hate to admit that I did not know Google's motto. I had to google it. :)

I have to say, though, I love it. What a great company motto (or any motto, for that matter).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

Since Newcastle has not checked in yet....

If I announce before the lynch, guess what happens? The bad guys kill me at night and my power was never used anyway, and the village learns nothing. There is no protector in this game. At least dying this way, you all have a bunch of targets. I would start with Lagom Lite, then Remus, then Grundbegriff. A sacrifice which gains information is better for the group than being shot at night anyway. IMO, Lagom intentionally stayed off the vote to claim he is not one of the evil triumvirate.

To those claiming I am lying... Alignment is revealed upon death, so do not trust whomever claims they can scan the dead at all. I will come up good. So those making the claims, should also be targets.
stessier

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:Since Newcastle has not checked in yet....

If I announce before the lynch, guess what happens? The bad guys kill me at night and my power was never used anyway, and the village learns nothing.
Incorrect. You announce and we lynch someone else. That forces the Wolves to kill you at night, thereby saving us a lynch. How did you miss that?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

If I announce before the lynch, guess what happens? The bad guys kill me at night and my power was never used anyway, and the village learns nothing. There is no protector in this game. At least dying this way, you all have a bunch of targets. I would start with Lagom Lite, then Remus, then Grundbegriff. A sacrifice which gains information is better for the group than being shot at night anyway. IMO, Lagom intentionally stayed off the vote to claim he is not one of the evil triumvirate.

To those claiming I am lying... Alignment is revealed upon death, so do not trust whomever claims they can scan the dead at all. I will come up good. So those making the claims, should also be targets.
If you had come out as M, we would have backed off of you. You would then have been a known trusted unless counter-claimed, until you were killed tonight. As M, it makes even more sense to self-announce since the role isn't pivotal. Sorry, I don't see how throwing away our lynch today make any bit of sense.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
+1
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:

If I announce before the lynch, guess what happens? The bad guys kill me at night and my power was never used anyway, and the village learns nothing.
Incorrect. You announce and we lynch someone else. That forces the Wolves to kill you at night, thereby saving us a lynch. How did you miss that?
And I die still... Doesn't help me stay alive, does it? Or Grund and company claim it's a lie and lynch me anyway. Either way I am dead. You have targets now. Use the information.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:

And I die still... Doesn't help me stay alive, does it?
No but it HELPS YOUR TEAM.
Is there anyone in hell?

theohall

Post by theohall »

Lagom Lite wrote:
theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:

Have fun lynching this one that Grund saved.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

theohall wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:

Have fun lynching this one that Grund saved.
*sigh*
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Just got here guys, had a computer malfunction

reading, catching up and processing as needed. Haven read anything yet.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote: Some people are born evil, others have evil PMed upon them.
ROFL

too funny Isgrinmur, absolutely hilarious :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So awesome, I think it's sig worthy, you sir are my first one...feel honored!
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D I'm glad you enjoyed that one.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

VOTING CLOSED

Vote tally - 7 needed to be Marked for death

Theohall (7): Semaj, Grundbegriff, Remus West, Chaosraven, Unagi, Lassr, Msteelers,
Lagom Lite (2) : Theohall, Isgrinmur
Remus West (1): Herr Bubbles,
Chaosraven (1) : Qantaga
Unagi (1) : Lagom Lite
Grundbegriff (1): Stessier,

No Votes cast:

If I missed anything please let me know

....processing.......
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

this is what I found interesting; you guys keep saying theohall didn't say anything before he was lynched but he left a huge clue and no one seemed to notice or ignored it on purpose.
theohall wrote:And now I have to go to work, so mark me for death if you must, but you will be losing a member of the good guys who could actually help you learn things. Too bad I cannot prove this nor will I be given the opportunity.
No one wanted to discuss this bit of info...at least none of the ones that were here this morning.

but msteeler cast the deciding vote and wrote this:
msteelers wrote: So here's what I know:
  • Theohall did something to get Grund's attention.
  • Grund's intuition is ridiculous in these games.
  • Theohall would have claimed to be a special already if he was one, since he's posted multiple times while at N-1.
I do agree that theohall's action since Grund's accusation lead me to believe he is evil and the special comment may be an attempt to save himself but I thought it would be worth discussing, especially since Grund has admitted numerous times that his radar sometimes catches good specials instead of bad guys.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If I announce before the lynch, guess what happens? The bad guys kill me at night and my power was never used anyway, and the village learns nothing. There is no protector in this game. At least dying this way, you all have a bunch of targets.
wrong/nonsense/or just a big liar.

You should announce and let yourself be their target at night. Better that we should not lynch you (if you are M), and find a better target. Then tonight, yes - you would likely be killed, but then someone else would indeed be spared tonight.

I think you know this.

If you are M, instead we just wasted our chance at hiting the bad guys. In addition - we exposed 007 and Q to a night attack. If you are really M, you made a mistake.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

and I see that point was made a few times...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:and I see that point was made a few times...
yep, his special statement was too vague as if he didn't want to come out and say he was M knowing M could come in and say he was lying. Leaving it vague meant he could be Q or M. We'll see what Newcastle has to report. Everything points to him being evil though.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

CHAPTER 1 END

The comset blazed alive as the task force swung into action. Each with an unnerving chill running down their spine; shots fired in your supposed HQ is never a good sign.

“Go go go,” Grundbegriff shouted into his comset, grabbing his Glock with the other hand.

Isgrinmur started to swing the door open when Msteelers reached over and grabbed him. “Stay here in case they need a wheelman.”

Theohall started a fast trot to the shop from the bar, hand pumping at his side. Stessier quick on his heels. Theohall snapped his writst up “Go from the positions we’re at, make sure the exits are covered. Stess and I will cover perimeter. Lassr hit the front hard, Chaosraven your team hit the back.”

“Roger that” Chaosraven replied as he inched forward. He gave a nod to Mr Bubbles as they both emerged from the bushes, crouched in a firing position, eyes on the shop.

Unagi, Lagom and Lassr piled out the the van. “Who’s got the door?” Lassr asked.

“I got the door” Unagi said, as he cocked the gun. Arms low as he raced to get into position.

Qantaga and Remus pop from the bushes, making eye contact and start to zero in on the door. Qantaga started the countdown. ““3,2,1, go.. ”

Explosions rocketed, doors were knocked down, windows busted in as the team burst into the house, guns drawn.

Theohall and Stessier being a bit far behind the strike force were still sprinting toward the shop when they saw the strike force go in. Redoubling their efforts they ran harder toward the shop. Just then a figure emerged from a second story balcony and jumped to the softly packed snow, ski’s in his hand, a get-away in the making.

Theohall pointed at the figure, and being closest poured on the speed closing the distance fast. Almost he thought, almost there. The suspect turned, stood still as he watched theohall close the distance, eyes carefully following Theohall’s, almost as if he was timing something.

“I got you, I got you.” Theohall said, counting his good fortune that the suspect wasn’t running as he, launched himself at the suspect.

With a quickness that defied the eyes, the suspect swung a ski pole up and out toward Theohall. Theohall seeing at the last moment what was happening tried to avert his course, but it was too late. “Crrr…ap”

A sick sound came forth as Theohall was impaled on the ski pole. Dying instantly.

Stessier a step behind, “Man down.” He shouted into the comset. The figure turned and made a mad dash toward the forest. Stessier fired several shots none seeming to find the mark.
Ignoring the suspect he went over to Theohall’s corpse. Bad way for a guy to die he thought, and without hesitation, started to rifle through Theohall’s pockets. After all if the mission was compromised, they needed to know. He pulled out his wallet, flipping it open he saw several pictures. One caught his eye. It was Theohall dressed in a beefeater uniform, standing guard in front of the Queen. There was no mistaking it,

THEOHALL WAS MI6

Semaj having heard Stessiers over the comset, circled around just in time to see the figure run into the forest in the back. “I’m on the guys tail.” He told Stessier as he made a mad dash toward where he last saw the suspect.

Lagom, inside crept forward, a dead body ahead of him. His eyes swept over it, and grimly shook his head. “Bad news-h here fellas, tho-ch-se -sch-ots we heard.” Lagom said in a thick Scottish brogue, “That was 009 on the bu-sch-iness end.”

BOILERPLATE

Interlude:
Q- Whose signature intrigues you?
M – Whose DNA will you verify?
Elliot – What person’s background will you investigate?
Spectre – Who shall not live another day?
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Re: WW- Bond Interlude 1 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Nice going good guys. If you have voted with me none of this would have happened. Remus West is actually pinging me high. Usually he will make a comment if someone accuses him, but never once did he ever address any accusations, so while the accusation itself was random, his reaction, or nonreaction at this point raise my suspicion of him. I say after the night is up we lynch his subversive butt.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Crap. Safe to assume M is dead.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

:shock:

:grund:
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Nice going good guys. If you have voted with me none of this would have happened. Remus West is actually pinging me high. Usually he will make a comment if someone accuses him, but never once did he ever address any accusations, so while the accusation itself was random, his reaction, or nonreaction at this point raise my suspicion of him. I say after the night is up we lynch his subversive butt.
Or maybe yours.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Nice going good guys. If you have voted with me none of this would have happened. Remus West is actually pinging me high. Usually he will make a comment if someone accuses him, but never once did he ever address any accusations, so while the accusation itself was random, his reaction, or nonreaction at this point raise my suspicion of him. I say after the night is up we lynch his subversive butt.
Remus is always high on my list I can never read him correctly. msteelers also is high on my list for that deciding vote and statement before he voted. Grund...well he's done this before, sacrifice someone to gather info. He could be good or bad, can't tell from this lynching. Lagon also is high on my list.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lassr wrote:
Remus is always high on my list I can never read him correctly. msteelers also is high on my list for that deciding vote and statement before he voted. Grund...well he's done this before, sacrifice someone to gather info. He could be good or bad, can't tell from this lynching. Lagon also is high on my list.
Lagom. And why am I high on your list? Because I tried to give theohall a break?
Is there anyone in hell?

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Or maybe yours.
Yeah because I led and followed a lynching of a good guy. Maybe Swedish Meatballs are on the menu today. :)
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Lagom. And why am I high on your list? Because I tried to give theohall a break?
Past evil experiences with you. You were good at being bad. The quick jump on the msteeler. Still feels off...
Lagom Lite wrote:
Unagi wrote:So... No one wants to join me on msteelers for pretending to go to random.org for his vote?

I mean, seriously ask yourself... I know I've (we've) mused about doing it - but does anyone really give up their free will and hand their Day 1 choice over to random.org ?
Yeah, man. That's just weird stuff.

msteelers 

but don't sweat yet, you are not on the top of my list...

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:flipping it open he saw several pictures. One caught his eye. It was Theohall dressed in a beefeater uniform, standing guard in front of the Queen.
:lol:

This reminds me of the magician Billy McComb. At a lecture, he once explained that it was his habit to pack an 8x10 glossy photo of himself with the Queen right on top of whatever was in his suitcase when he traveled. Whenever he was tapped for inspection and they opened his suitcase, he'd point to the photo there and say "I must not be much of a security risk!"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Incidentally, Grund is Evil. I know no one will believe me, but we really should shoot him tomorrow.

Just sayin'.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Incidentally, Grund is Evil. I know no one will believe me, but we really should shoot him tomorrow.

Just sayin'.
What makes you say that?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Incidentally, Grund is Evil. I know no one will believe me, but we really should shoot him tomorrow.

Just sayin'.
I'm not Evil.

So, let's see....
  • Remus West was very quick to jump on the bandwagon, and to contrive further reasons for endorsing it.
  • Lassr didn't bite at first, but finally came around after casting some suspicion on Unagi.
  • Chaosraven changed from me to my target, which makes no sense.
  • Unagi went through a display of "considering the options" before what the hecking.
  • Isgrimnur declined.
  • stessier declined and voted against me.
  • msteelers seemed to do due diligence and convince himself.
I'd say that the ones who come off seeming Evil after this first encounter are:

* Remus for his haste in following me and his rationalizations (accusing theohall of forgetting the third man, etc.)
* Unagi, for failing to make sense as he flailed from enemy to ally and from deed-sniffer to deed-performer. Of course, it's possible he was just confused or inconsistent.
* Chaosraven, for keeping an extraordinarily low profile, and yet flipping from voting against me to following my lead.

Normally, I'd wonder whether stessier was evil since he's accusing me early and insistently. In particular, disagreeing with me early as I railroad an innocent would be an excellent move for an evildoer to make since it would come across in retrospect as if the dissenter had toldya so. The question is whether stessier, while evil, would be calm and foresightful enough to make that play. Especially while migrainin'.

In order from most evil to slightly less evil: Remus West, Chaosraven/stessier (but not both), Unagi.

Not seemin' evil at the moment: Isgrimnur, msteelers.

Unclear: Lassr, Mr Bubbles.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The rest:

Lagom Lite: last time he was evil, he excitedly posted an annotated roster, just as he has done this time. Is that just his MO, or does he do this in a desperate attempt to seem non-evil? For now, I'm supposing the former and positing that he's good until I have reason to think otherwise.

Semaj: Hasn't been around much. Wanted to claim credit for my selection of theohall if it panned out. That makes him seem like someone not in the know. Probably good.

Qantaga: Keine Ahnung in diesem Moment. Vielleicht etwas später....
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

While I'd like to thank the nod, I'm more than willing to point out the multiple times I have mentioned someone as evil, no one says anything, then you say it, everyone jumps and blammo you are taking credit about being the wise all knowing grund while I have to sit back and ponder my meaningless existence.

As for being quiet. I have decided day 1 posting in copious amounts is detrimental to my ability to do anything on day 2 or 3. Because by then my tendency to assume people will take my meaning into consideration as opposed to phrasing gets me maimed.

Hence my no longer huge semaj-like posts on day one. I save em for day 2... :)

It also means i dont bias myself and fixate on someone day 1 and can occasionally get a solid read on actions taken.

Regardless, a quieter still participating Semaj is prolly around for a decent spell.

Oh and Theo... N-1!!!!!!!
*heh*
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.