Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

DinoGenics board game

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

User avatar
hentzau
Posts: 13975
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:06 am
Location: Castle Zenda, Ruritania
Hentzau’s avatar
Loading…

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by hentzau » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 pm

The Tiny Epic guys are coming after your dino eggs. They just announced Tiny Epic Dinosaurs coming to Kickstarter tomorrow.
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

User avatar
Lordnine
Posts: 5719
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Burlington, VT

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Lordnine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm

The artwork looks adorable. I'll probably buy a copy. :oops:

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16292
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by coopasonic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Lordnine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:31 am
I was never going to get this played, so I put my copy on the BGG.CON virtual flea market and it sold for asking price in 8 minutes. Apparently I wasn't asking enough ($40 for the record).
I mean, it regularly sells for about $100 on the 2nd hand market so you gave it away. :lol:

The pre-order store is up and running now by the way. Pre-order DinoGenics and Controlled Chaos.
As long as it eventually gets into the hands of someone that will appreciate it, I don't really care about the money. I am looking at losing around $200 on resale of Gotham City Chronicles, that one hurts a little more, but apparently not enough to change my behavior.
-Coop

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by AWS260 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:48 pm

BTW, there was a copy of Dinogenics in the library at SHUX last weekend, and it seemed to be checked out pretty regularly. The buzz is real!

User avatar
Lordnine
Posts: 5719
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Burlington, VT

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Lordnine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:17 pm

AWS260 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:48 pm
BTW, there was a copy of Dinogenics in the library at SHUX last weekend, and it seemed to be checked out pretty regularly. The buzz is real!
That is exciting to hear. That was literally my last unopened copy of the game from the first print run. I was a little reluctant to ship it but glad to hear it got some exposure!

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Punisher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 pm
Lordnine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:31 am
I was never going to get this played, so I put my copy on the BGG.CON virtual flea market and it sold for asking price in 8 minutes. Apparently I wasn't asking enough ($40 for the record).
I mean, it regularly sells for about $100 on the 2nd hand market so you gave it away. :lol:

The pre-order store is up and running now by the way. Pre-order DinoGenics and Controlled Chaos.
As long as it eventually gets into the hands of someone that will appreciate it, I don't really care about the money. I am looking at losing around $200 on resale of Gotham City Chronicles, that one hurts a little more, but apparently not enough to change my behavior.
Have you tried selling it on this forum?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16292
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by coopasonic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Punisher wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 pm
Lordnine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:31 am
I was never going to get this played, so I put my copy on the BGG.CON virtual flea market and it sold for asking price in 8 minutes. Apparently I wasn't asking enough ($40 for the record).
I mean, it regularly sells for about $100 on the 2nd hand market so you gave it away. :lol:

The pre-order store is up and running now by the way. Pre-order DinoGenics and Controlled Chaos.
As long as it eventually gets into the hands of someone that will appreciate it, I don't really care about the money. I am looking at losing around $200 on resale of Gotham City Chronicles, that one hurts a little more, but apparently not enough to change my behavior.
Have you tried selling it on this forum?
No. I hate shipping stuff more than I like money.
-Coop

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Punisher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:56 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm
Punisher wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 pm
Lordnine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:31 am
I was never going to get this played, so I put my copy on the BGG.CON virtual flea market and it sold for asking price in 8 minutes. Apparently I wasn't asking enough ($40 for the record).
I mean, it regularly sells for about $100 on the 2nd hand market so you gave it away. :lol:

The pre-order store is up and running now by the way. Pre-order DinoGenics and Controlled Chaos.
As long as it eventually gets into the hands of someone that will appreciate it, I don't really care about the money. I am looking at losing around $200 on resale of Gotham City Chronicles, that one hurts a little more, but apparently not enough to change my behavior.
Have you tried selling it on this forum?
No. I hate shipping stuff more than I like money.
I have never used their virtual flea market, but wouldn't you still have to ship it when you sold it on there?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16292
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by coopasonic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:22 pm

No. The VFM is for people attending the convention. The sales are made ahead of time and then we all meet in a big room and have an hour to make all of the exchanges.
-Coop

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Punisher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:32 pm

ahh... so you are shipping...yourself...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
hentzau
Posts: 13975
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:06 am
Location: Castle Zenda, Ruritania
Hentzau’s avatar
Loading…

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by hentzau » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:33 am

Yeah, that actually kind of sounds worse than taking a box with pre-printed postage to the post office...
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 62851
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: DinoGenics board game

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 am

He’s going to be at the location that day. And he usually suckers me into helping.

So all he has to do is load and unload the car.

Post Reply