Reaper Bones Next

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Blackhawk

Re: Hey, miniatures fans! Reaper Kickstarter, great opportu

Post by Blackhawk »

Don't stop watching the Kickstarter page, by the way. They have announced that they'll be adding additional options over the next few hours regardless of whether we reach the Familiars goal.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

It seems that "coming very soon" in Reaper's parlance is "after half of the remaining time is gone". They posted that the first time-release goal would be "coming very soon" nearly an hour and a half ago, when they only had 4ish hours left on the clock.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Incidentally, here is a neat site that shows a bigger image for each mini that you mouse over, with its official name and sculptor when known.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

It seems they decided to suddenly unlock familiars much earlier and add another goal instead (at a lower level than familiars originally was at). Shows that they probably overestimated the pledges at this point. They seem to be pretty desperate to reach 3.4 million and become the third most funded Kickstarter ever.

I own the original Kaladrax, actually. I once bought the metal miniature, which turned out to be missing an arm or something like that. Got a new one, but never bothered to assemble it. Maybe I should. It's heavy and breaks easily. The problem right now is that I have no idea where it is. :P
Insert witty comment here.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

No, they just had another error with their banners. Everything still lists the Familiars as the $3.34M stretch goal, which we're still a couple hundred thousand away from. The front page banner lists them as achieved, but they listed them as available before they were even announced, too.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Zurai wrote:No, they just had another error with their banners. Everything still lists the Familiars as the $3.34M stretch goal, which we're still a couple hundred thousand away from. The front page banner lists them as achieved, but they listed them as available before they were even announced, too.
That's some error, considering we've got an "achieved" banner for it, AND it has been included in the graphics that shows what we're getting. Consensus on the Kickstarter page seems to be that it's genuine.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Again, they were shown in the graphics that showed what we were getting last night, too. Then they were removed because it was an error. We'll see, I guess, but until they actually say otherwise it'd be a bad idea IMO to assume that they're changing the goal when even the graphics that say "achieved" still list it as $3.34M.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Zurai wrote:Again, they were shown in the graphics that showed what we were getting last night, too. Then they were removed because it was an error. We'll see, I guess, but until they actually say otherwise it'd be a bad idea IMO to assume that they're changing the goal when even the graphics that say "achieved" still list it as $3.34M.
The error earlier was one banner that was updated wrong. That can happen. If it's wrong right now, that means they've currently got 3 separate banners that are wrong, as well as having manually added another misleading banner to the latest update. How likely is that?

I'm not saying it's a 100% chance we've got them, but the odds are heavily in favor of just that in my opinion.

Edit: In fact, they've removed the sum from the banner now, which should further reinforce what I'm saying. ;)

Edit edit: Latest from one of the Reaper guys:
Familiars are acheived. There is only one active Goal. Everyone's Vampire Pledge is Now 240 Bones + Sophie in metal.

Kaladrax is a new goal, 3 hours to go!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, for the record, then, added to Vamp and Undertaker:

I've got four of those shown (cat, ferret, faerie dragon, bat) and a few other Reaper familiars. They're nice pieces.

Next up, a nifty re-design of one of their old dracolich pieces.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

I lucked out with the familiars. I've got a set of Reaper familiars in metal before, but none of them were included here. The ones I have seem to be the winged cat, badger (I think), toad, spider, snake, and snail (which I seem to have misplaced). They are really, really small. Particularly the toad. Drop it on a carpet and you'll never see it again.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Awesome. I'm sorry if I came off shrewish, I'm having a bit of a row with my insurance company, who wants to total my car because it took some interior water damage even though it runs fine, and it's soured my mood the last few days.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Kaladrax has been unlocked, and a new goal has been set for a gigantic Cthulhu "miniature", over 8 inches tall. It'll be a $10 option if we reach $3,415,000, which I think is quite possible to do in the remaining 50 minutes.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Aaaand it just passed Double Fine Adventure in funding, which means the Reaper campaign is the third most funded Kickstarter ever.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

And quite possibly the most over-funded (I'm too lazy to do the legwork), when taken as a ratio of funding requested to received. It's over 11,000% funded now.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There was a kickstarter for custom dice that hit like 30,000%.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Aaaaaaand kickstarter appears to be on the verge of collapse. It's taking 30-40 seconds to serve a page. Also, the pledge total is fluctuating. A few seconds ago it was 3.405, now it's 3.401, etc.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Reaper hath slain Kickstarter.

/edit - and Kickstarter hath slain Reaper - their site is crawling, too.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

This sucks when we're so close to a stretch goal in the last few minutes. Judging from the speed up until now we wouldn't have had any problem reaching it. Now I'm not so sure.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Yeah, their image server has been crapping out since last night.

It looks like the Cthulu statuette goal is going to just barely squeak in unless Kickstarter gives up the ghost in the next few minutes. We're about $5k away and getting about $1k a minute even through the slow server.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have a feeling that with 3.4 million out of 30k, if Cthulu ends up 10k from being achieved, they'll toss it in anyway. Reaper's good folks.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Yeah, that seems likely. I threw in an extra $16 near the end for an extra set of the familiars and either Kaladrax or the Cthulu, havn't decided which.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And next...

and now...

now...

March. Damn.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Seems the campaign stopped a mere 324 dollars or so away from the goal, but I just got an email that Cthulhu was unlocked, so all is good.

I hereby declare this Kickstarter over. Now let's all mentally prepare to see our bank accounts drained of money within the next few minutes. ;)
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Yeah, $3,414,676 is the number the page is showing now. Still not sure whether I'm gonna go for Kaladrax or Cthulu, but I imagine I have some time to think about it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I am showing 3,415,XXX, but it changes up and down every few seconds.

I figure their pledge management ap will be just as hammered for the first few hours, so I'll probably let that wait for things to settle down, too.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote:There was a kickstarter for custom dice that hit like 30,000%.
Found it. It was Artisan Dice. Asked for $300, got $91,000.
TigerRider67

Post by TigerRider67 »

Well it is a good deal no matter what they end up with actually. I don't want to have to wait till March to see them, but I'll live.
Then begins my trying to learn to paint and so on. Actually looking forward to it. I'll be getting my glasses checked for sure! :)
"No matter how clever the magic-user, a thieves blade is always more subtle!"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If given the option, I will certainly kick in the extra $10 for Cthulhu.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

For posterity:

backers

$3,429,236
pledged of $30,000 goal
I just received the following in an email:
Using our post Kickstarter Pledge Manager website (if you pledged you will get a link in you backer survey e-mail later) you can make additions and adjustments (you can't lower your pledge).

We will also post the link as an update to our Kickstarter. It may be two weeks from now so keep checking. We have to get and then assimilate the Kickstarter data.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zurai wrote:Yeah, $3,414,676 is the number the page is showing now. Still not sure whether I'm gonna go for Kaladrax or Cthulu, but I imagine I have some time to think about it.
Unless you want your OO membership revoked, you'll be going Cthulhu.

And Hawk, I'm looking forward to your instructional posts. Someone think of the children!*

And by 'children', I mean 'miniature replicas of larger-sized entities which will otherwise be painted by people with sub-pre-schooler art abilities.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If I could get my preschooler to paint these "little dudes," Reaper would have a lot of my money right now.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Zaxxon wrote:
Zurai wrote:Yeah, $3,414,676 is the number the page is showing now. Still not sure whether I'm gonna go for Kaladrax or Cthulu, but I imagine I have some time to think about it.
Unless you want your OO membership revoked, you'll be going Cthulhu.

And Hawk, I'm looking forward to your instructional posts. Someone think of the children!*

And by 'children', I mean 'miniature replicas of larger-sized entities which will otherwise be painted by people with sub-pre-schooler art abilities.
Damn, that's cool. I wonder if it's too late to have steppe add that Cthulhu for me?
Covfefe!
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

According to the post-finish update, you can add to your pledge for the purpose of getting additional options via their website once they get it up and running. So, it isn't too late.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zurai wrote:According to the post-finish update, you can add to your pledge for the purpose of getting additional options via their website once they get it up and running. So, it isn't too late.
...and even better, I think Reaper gets more of the money in that case... (oops did I say that out loud). I think I heard KS takes a 10% cut. Paypal takes a bit less. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nice....email going out now. :D
Covfefe!
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

coopasonic wrote:
Zurai wrote:According to the post-finish update, you can add to your pledge for the purpose of getting additional options via their website once they get it up and running. So, it isn't too late.
...and even better, I think Reaper gets more of the money in that case... (oops did I say that out loud). I think I heard KS takes a 10% cut. Paypal takes a bit less. :D
Nah, if I recall correctly, Kickstarter takes about 2-3% and Amazon takes another 2-3%, so it's not that bad.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

TiLT wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
Nah, if I recall correctly, Kickstarter takes about 2-3% and Amazon takes another 2-3%, so it's not that bad.
Kickstarter wrote: What fees does Kickstarter charge?

If a project is successfully funded, Kickstarter will apply a 5% fee to the funds raised. If funding isn't successful, there are no charges.

Does Amazon charge any fees?

Yes. When a project is successful, Amazon will apply credit card processing fees, which work out to roughly 3-5%. For details on how the fee is calculated, please view the Amazon Payments fee details.
So kickstarter isn't getting it all but it looks to be 8-10% off the top.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Alright, I remembered the wrong numbers then.

Man, the day after a successful Kickstarter is always a drag. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms here! :cry: :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

On the off chance that you missed out backing this at all, they're giving you a second chance:
If you missed the Kickstarter and want to get involved, go enter in the e-mail you would like us to contact when the post KS Reaper pledge manager goes live.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Just a note that I got the "Minotaur of the Maze" and "Garrick the Bold" Bones figures I ordered (a couple of the Bones line that are actually out now). They are awesome and are going to be a blast to paint. There are more details in these than many of my lead minis. Going to attempt a little diorama scene with them and will post pics when I'm done (may take me awhile - kids + Guild Wars 2 = not a lot of spare time) :D