iOS / Android / WebOS - GalCon

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

iOS / Android / WebOS - GalCon

Post by Zaxxon »

I recently tried out GalCon, a simple little game for numerous platforms. In it, you and an opponent each start with a planet and some forces on that planet. Surrounding you both are other independent planets of various sizes, with varying forces of their own. They keep to themselves unless you attack them.

As time passes, every planet under a player's control gains forces proportional to the planet's size. The one and only action you can take is to touch a planet (or more than one) of yours, then touch another planet. This sends a portion of the fleets stationed at that planet (25%/50%/75%/100%) to the other planet to attack. If your attack reduces the opposing planet's forces below 0, it becomes yours and you start gaining forces from it. The goal of the game is to eliminate all forces of your opponent(s). A typical game takes anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes, so it's quick.

There's multiplayer complete with rankings, but I'm not sure whether this spans the different platforms or not.

There are various other modes, but that's the basic description. It's simple, but addicting. Available for $2.99 in Android Market, iTunes, WebOS App Catalog. There's also a PC version but I haven't checked that out. Anyway, just wanted to share this, as I'm hopelessly addicted.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: iOS / Android / WebOS - GalCon

Post by Zaxxon »

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I've seen these sorts of posts in Consoles, PC Gaming, EBG, and General Gaming. OO should figure out where smart-phone/browser games belong! :lol:

Sounds cool.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

The Meal wrote:I've seen these sorts of posts in Consoles, PC Gaming, EBG, and General Gaming. OO should figure out where smart-phone/browser games belong! :lol:

Sounds cool.
I actually looked at the forum descriptions, and this is the one that matches based on my reading of them (unless phones have now become consoles, which is another discussion). It wouldn't hurt to clarify, though.