I now tear out pages of my PC Game Magazines!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

jpinard

I now tear out pages of my PC Game Magazines!

Post by jpinard »

I used to save all my pc games magazine, but after a while, I stopped doing that due to lack of space (I still have my first 3 years of PC Gamer including their inaugural issue). See, I can no longer remeber what magazines had what articles (I get PC Gamer and PC Games Magazine), so I rip the pages out and stack them for future/current reference. Especially pages about mods.

I also save Tom Chick's escapades (wrong word I know) with Trevor. Those things are funnier than snot.

Anyone else do this bizzare practice?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

No, I stopped getting getting paper copies of magazines when CGM cut me off their comp list (I used to write for them).

I get a digital copy of CGM - I have a few years worth sitting on my hard drive and the space they take up is negligable.
gwartok

Post by gwartok »

I just chuck mine. The only time pages get torn out is when I'm on the throne and realize we're out of tp. :wink:
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I keep all my games mags in their entirety. I've got about 10 years' worth of all 3 of the major PC gaming mags. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them, especially since I still really enjoy digging out a really old one from time to time just for the nostalgia factor. I really get a kick out of what was state of the art in 1994. Just the other day I found a review and screen shot for the amazing graphics of "Cannon Fodder".

Oddly, those graphics still appeal to me in a big way for some reason. Maybe the simplicity of it all...
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

I save my older mags (the ones that were more like books). Lots of good memories with some of those mags.

I might consider saving my newer ones but for the life of me they seem to be only 50 pages of ads. I think when they started slimming the mags down and flipped a coin to see if the ads or articles would stay, the article lost.
CSL

Post by CSL »

I've got about 75-100 mags in my closet right now, haven't bought a new one in at least six months and don't intend to. The internet is simply better.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

CSL - you can't read the Internet articles while on the toilet.
DireAussie

Post by DireAussie »

>I keep all my games mags in their entirety. I've got about 10 years' worth
>of all 3 of the major PC gaming mags. I just can't bring myself to get rid of
>them, especially since I still really enjoy digging out a really old one from
> time to time just for the nostalgia factor.

Same here, but I dont have that many, just a few from the old C64, Amiga and PC days. Every now and then I like to look through them and think about the days of old.

>Just the other day I found a review and screen shot for the amazing
>graphics of "Cannon Fodder". Oddly, those graphics still appeal to me in a
>big way for some reason. Maybe the simplicity of it all...

Sensible Software made some awesome games. Sensi Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Megalomania, Wizball :D
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

jpinard wrote:CSL - you can't read the Internet articles while on the toilet.
I guess you don't have any laptops with wi-fi :P
Austin

Post by Austin »

Teggy wrote:
jpinard wrote:CSL - you can't read the Internet articles while on the toilet.
I guess you don't have any laptops with wi-fi :P
Or a printer. :P