Request to merge Gaming in General Kickstarter threads

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Anonymous Bosch

Request to merge Gaming in General Kickstarter threads

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

I'd like to echo Blackhawk's suggestion here:
Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm I still think we should ask if a mod can merge the two threads (can that be done?) and retitle it to 'Kickstarter.' If not, just pick a thread, retitle it, and lock the other.
The problem being, there are currently two separate Kickstarter threads in the Gaming in General forum: Kickstarter 2017 and Kickstarter 2018.

Having separately-dated threads makes for a confusing situation in terms of understanding where to post, given the disparity between the dates pledges are often made and fulfilled. As Blackhawk suggests, it'd be best for all concerned if the two threads could be combined into a single all-encompassing Kickstarter thread.

So, any input from mods/admins on how feasible that would be?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: Request to merge Gaming in General Kickstarter threads

Post by FishPants »

Merging topics is a thing but there doesn’t appear to be an undo - so I don’t know what it would look like as an end result. Will it insert the posts in chronological order or just tack it onto the end of a thread.

I’m game if the forum is game not knowing the end product, and accepting the lack of “undo” (I’m not restoring the board from backup if the end result isn’t perfect).
No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Then I'd vote to merge the 2018 into the 2017. If it is chronological it won't matter. If it is tacked on the end, only a few posts will be out of place (because teacher said 8 is after 7!)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 pm
given the disparity between the dates pledges are often made and fulfilled.
As some projects have exceeded three years, it is feasible that we could eventually end up with four active threads on the front page.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I'm game, I'd like to leave it for the weekend and see if anyone else chimes in before I pull the trigger.
No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sounds like a plan. I really didn't intend to step on anyone's toes in those threads by leading another accidental rebellion.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm up for it. I figure worst case scenario we can lock the merged thread and start a brand new one..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It would definitely be less confusing. I think once the actual games are released (assuming they're being played), discussions will then just move into the "What games did you play this weekend" megathread. The KS forum would be used to (ideally) just discuss upcoming projects and the status of existing, outstanding ones.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Ok I merged them and changed the topic to indicate so - didn't really look to see how it blended the two. Hopefully it's not a hot mess.
No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you look at the individual post titles it looks like it merged them chronologically, which is perfect.